Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So Mr. Duggan...Peter David is bringing back the Maestro in Spider-Man 2099 #9, and the dude will also show up in Secret Wars. Are you playing off of either of thoe events?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerryduggan View Post
    I enjoy that comic book reviewer is in quotes on your profile. Avoid using "meh" at all costs, it makes you sound unable to articulate what you don't enjoy about a piece of work.
    Thanks for reading it! Just to let you know, this isn't really my regular form of reviewing (I'm a regular reviewer over at Adventures in Poor Taste). This is just my blog where I just throw my thoughts on an issue. I'm not really trying to be all that serious or even all that formal when I do a post there.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    So Mr. Duggan...Peter David is bringing back the Maestro in Spider-Man 2099 #9, and the dude will also show up in Secret Wars. Are you playing off of either of thoe events?
    Mr. David can keep his own counsel, he doesn't need me stepping on his toes. The Omega Hulk arc has a beginning, middle and a HUGE end, I'm already writing more Hulk. I hope people will be surprised. I'm looking forward to those new comics from PAD myself. Always been a fan.

Between this book and Superior Iron, marvel has me interested in these two characters in a way I haven't been I years. Good stuff!

right on - cool

Quote Originally Posted by EdBrock87 View Post
    Between this book and Superior Iron, marvel has me interested in these two characters in a way I haven't been I years. Good stuff!
    That;s a hell of a fun book, too. I want to talk to you about it, but i forget what I know or have read, versus what's been published so I better shut-up. Fun stuff.

That;s a hell of a fun book, too. I want to talk to you about it, but i forget what I know or have read, versus what's been published so I better shut-up. Fun stuff.
    Ha, and here I was hoping to get a free spoiler! But I am really enjoying your book as well that one. Keep it sir.

As Betty said last issue, she made the same mistake Bruce did,she created a monster. I can really see Doc Green developing into the Maestro,I'm loving this arc so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    As Betty said last issue, she made the same mistake Bruce did,she created a monster. I can really see Doc Green developing into the Maestro,I'm loving this arc so far.
    They say monster-making, like all things happens in threes.

The Maestro is such a fascinating idea that I totally get why a creator would want to play around with it.

(And let's be honest. Mr. Duggan isn't the first creator after Peter David to evoke the Maestro.)

BANNED

Mr. David can keep his own counsel, he doesn't need me stepping on his toes. The Omega Hulk arc has a beginning, middle and a HUGE end, I'm already writing more Hulk.
    A huge cry of YES!! to that!! Although Omega Hulk will be a tough act to follow...

BANNED

Mr. David can keep his own counsel, he doesn't need me stepping on his toes. The Omega Hulk arc has a beginning, middle and a HUGE end, I'm already writing more Hulk. I hope people will be surprised. I'm looking forward to those new comics from PAD myself. Always been a fan.
    Excellent news!

Spectacular Member

I don't know which story you're talking out - he did write "Future Imperfect" of course, and that is required reading for everyone. He's one of the best.
    I do recall a great story where the in continuity Hulk grew a beard and ended up fighting Thor. Can't remember anything else about it though, except it had great art.

I'd also quite like to know what happened to the actual Maestro from Future Imperfect. He was last seen being dragged underground by Asgardian trolls iirc.

Greatly enjoying current run though. Very well written.

edit: I remember the beard Hulk thing that PAD wrote - it was called Ghosts of the Future. But the similarities to this run are fairly superficial.

http://comicbookquest.com/images/hulk-gtf.jpg
    Last edited by teepee; 12-04-2014 at 05:58 AM.

Amazing Member

One of the greatest most captivating Hulk storylines EVER! Smartest there ever was was always meant to be a too smart for his own good assh*le. I love it!

Amazing Member

BOO to the YAH!