Default Futures End #31 discussion

Spoilers incoming,

Press conference where Lois reveals all the details about Cadmus island. Green Arrow is still presumed to be dead, at least publicaly.
    Animal Man makes a visit to Green Arrow's island. They talk about retirment and other stuff. It kinda feels that Animal Man was aware that Green Arrow didn't die back then.
    Constantine with Superman in Siberia, talk about how meteorite (or was it?) fell in this place years ago. Crazy female friend of Constantine's seams to have gone bonkers and Brainiac manifest himself in a beer. Yes, we get Brainiac-beer to fight Superman.
    They have a short talk, eventually beer self-destructs and Constantine says that in order to stop this Superman has to go home.
    Cadmus island, Faraday with some men are looking over the wreckage. He goes to see if DNA storage is intact and well it isn't, there is literally nothing left of that storage unit.
    The new Firestorm. Basically your standard drama about whats happening and Jason trying to explain with extra twist of being a woman with man's voice in your head.
    Raymond's funeral. Jason's father who was living with Raymond's mother as I understand makes a speach. Red Robin is there too. Firestorm is in the trees hiding too.
    They have really bright idea of not saying anything to Red Robin so that he still thinks that Madison is dead.

Firestorm plot continues to drag down this weekly and Constantine/Superman plot I think is a bit too cryptic at times.

Ugh no matter how you try to escape the Firestorm mess it keeps popping up in different forms, it was a good issue thou.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

BANNED

They have really bright idea of not saying anything to Red Robin so that he still thinks that Madison is dead.
    hero logic lol
    I think that tim being a ex-robin would get used to the idea

very little happens...

it's a bear not a beer, it's a typo you made HsssH.

what's the point of that scene with bearbrainiac and superCAVEman? more filler
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-03-2014 at 04:13 PM.

BANNED

Constantine with Superman in Siberia, talk about how meteorite (or was it?) fell in this place years ago. Crazy female friend of Constantine's seams to have gone bonkers and Brainiac manifest himself in a beer. Yes, we get Brainiac-beer to fight Superman.
    Best typos ever!

I try very hard.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks like Superman got to fight his polar bears after all. Now where's Brainiac's sassy companion?

Who would have thought this was all leading up to a stealth SUPERMAN LIVES adaptation?

Wait, so is Brainiac a bear or a beer? Either sounds...ugh.

Astonishing Member

This title's pacing is so weird to me.

But I did appreciate the Lemire heavy Baker Family & Retired Dead Ollie moment quite a bit, and I always like seeing Lois Lane kick ass, so it has that going.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Man i hope lois doesn't blame herself when brother eye uploads out her phone and starts to take over (who would have thought he would have done that back on cadmus). Yea i agree about the firstorm plot, but at least they are back on supes/constantine. Them and stormwatch is where the real action is as of right now.

This was the first issue of Futures End that I didn't really care for. Just felt like pure filler to me.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Spectacular Member

Geez. For whatever reason they just don't want Jason to be the one in charge of Firestorm. I miss the two dual Firestorms from the first 12 issues of Firestorm, Red and Yellow.
    Last edited by Rajikaru; 12-04-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Remeber how all problems with Firestorm started when they thought that they are responsible for GA's death? And what Jason learned from that? To do same fucking thing to another person.

Astonishing Member

The most interesting part is Brainiacbear's speech to Superman.
    Am I the only one who thought about Morrison's run on AC, and Jor-El's relationship with Brainiac? I sensed there may be some bargain between Supes' father and the Collector of world.

By the way, next week's cover shows Yamazake in a Polaris suit.

Mighty Member

Closing a couple of doors to slightly open new ones.

All and all, I quite liked it. Especially Green arrow and Animal man's moment on the island. Both it, the funeral and the conference had a movie ending feel to it. Not bad for what felt like a bridge-issue.

Next issue will probably do a similar thing but with Stormwatch and others.

Btw. Anyone else who feel that the time frame feels a bit wonky? Did Batman McG's plan on raiding T-tech really takes that many weeks (months even.)? Either way, I think the book does quite a good job juggling so many plot lines, stringing them together like it does. Especially since it made me care about Lois Lane, Frankenstein and other -IMO- a bit obscure characters.