Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Jack Frost

image.jpg

Always had a fondness for this one.

Batman Inc- Zone-000.jpg Matches Malone

All-New Member

Wasn't sure which Hellblazer should I use.
    BB

JB's FF (45).jpg

Lousy 'doo, Sue.

"At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Bloodhawk

Soulfire - Dying of the Light.jpg
    One of my favorite covers from Michael Turner.

I offer my sincerest apologies if I'm wrong, but I think there may be some foul play happening here.
    We suddenly have four new forum members who've all signed up in the last 36 hours specifically to make their first posts to the cover contest.
    All have similar posting styles and three have either Jon, jay, or Jack in their name.

Again, I apologize if I'm wrong. It just seems fishy to me.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I offer my sincerest apologies if I'm wrong, but I think there may be some foul play happening here.
    We suddenly have four new forum members who've all signed up in the last 36 hours specifically to make their first posts to the cover contest.
    All have similar posting styles and three have either Jon, jay, or Jack in their name.

I agree Chad. I won't vote for either of those newcomers. And I think it's pretty crappy to take a fun contest like this and ruin it by trying to cheat to win.
    Last edited by icctrombone; 12-07-2014 at 08:17 PM.

No foul play guys.. .CBR is advertising the Cover Contest on front page feed.

so it's just new folks who never knew CBR HAD forums, who are signing up to participate in something they are seeing on the front page.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    No foul play guys.. .CBR is advertising the Cover Contest on front page feed.

so it's just new folks who never knew CBR HAD forums, who are signing up to participate in something they are seeing on the front page.
    Right. IIRC, Jonah loves the cover contest and therefore, they are often prominently advertised.

I think everything is legit Chad, at least I'd suspect it is.
    Before the reboot our weekly contest only on few occasion draw more than 1000 views throughout the whole week. (With more members, may I add)
    As for the last couple of months (since CBR advertise it) each contest generates around 4000 views and handful of new contestants, who usually don't stay past their first week.
    I guess they lack the patience to win one of these things, but they are certainly Welcome to stay. More the merrier.
    I wish I could offer a sound advice how to land one of these wins, but it took me over a year of constant trying to get one, and I can't even remember how long ago was that. (most likely it was a case of pity, too)
    The posts look same because they all take the easiest option, which isn't the best.
    I only wish they post covers I can see without having to log in. Not that I complain, I can check them all out on the day we vote.
    Last edited by Attila Kiss; 12-08-2014 at 12:47 AM.

BANNED

Didn't notice. I'd like to vote for that X-Factor cover. Underboob and infant sacrifice? Like PB&J.