Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

However, the villain has a whole new and different set of powers and danger that he brings — he's like an insect going into the next stage of its life cycle, according to Pak —
    Well, I always thought DBZ took a lot of inspiration from Superman. Maybe it's just appropriate if Doomsday turns out to be like a DBZ villain.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well, I always thought DBZ took a lot of inspiration from Superman. Maybe it's just appropriate if Doomsday turns out to be like a DBZ villain.
    Doomsday=Cell? Not a bad idea honestly.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Picked up Superman #30 and felt like dropping and skipping out on this arc but will pick this up and give it a fair shot. It's tough to bypass a new take on Doomsday.

Astonishing Member

Just think one more issue until he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This was essentially already done with Davis Bloome on Smallville, except instead of getting infected, Davis was born with the genetic template for the Doomsday monster. It's seriously getting to a point with the Brainiac in Lois and Doomsday evolution transformation stuff in Doomed that much of what these creators think is creative and new is remarkably similar to a television storyline which aired about 6 years ago.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, I agree. More generally, though, I was just thinking that if Doomsday is going through a transformation or two, that would be pretty much in line with the major DBZ villains. Frieza, Cell, and Buu all went through various forms.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, I agree. More generally, though, I was just thinking that if Doomsday is going through a transformation or two, that would be pretty much in line with the major DBZ villains. Frieza, Cell, and Buu all went through various forms.
    Not to move away from the topic but I also think of Freezer or however you spell it in english, he also shape shifted several times. (the last attack for the victory was awesome...ahh childhood memories hehe)

The Preview doesn't give that much to speculate about doomsday in the one shot and I'm interested about it, an infection sounds like a good idea from someone like Doomsday...probably way better than what they did in hehehehe...Superman: Quest for peace hehehehe...oh that masterpiece hehehe. I do like the notion of Doomsday carrying more threats than just being a brute monster...bacteria seems cool, the changes, the time infected, the finding of a cure or something like that, the challenges in a relationship of the power couple, to me they're just factors that I'm interested to read.
    Last edited by Anthonior; 05-12-2014 at 11:31 AM.

"While "some pretty unfortunate things" happen to Steel in the one-shot"

WHAT'RE YOU ANIMALS DOING TO MY MAN STEEL!? Seriously I hope nothing too awful happens.....but then again that would be sorta cool to see how he rises above it and builds a better him so to speak.

Pak does say "he's a pretty sharp cookie and he's going to come back in Action 31 with a whole new plan and it's going to be pretty tremendous." and hearing that from the main man Pak fills me with hope. Don't let me down bro!

In pak we trust.

"While "some pretty unfortunate things" happen to Steel in the one-shot"

WHAT'RE YOU ANIMALS DOING TO MY MAN STEEL!? Seriously I hope nothing too awful happens.....but then again that would be sorta cool to see how he rises above it and builds a better him so to speak.

Pak does say "he's a pretty sharp cookie and he's going to come back in Action 31 with a whole new plan and it's going to be pretty tremendous." and hearing that from the main man Pak fills me with hope. Don't let me down bro!

In pak we trust.
    I like to think that's the whole point about these heroes, to face these challenges to the brink of almost losing everything and even themselves then rise above and be a better him after winning each challenge.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

So, like, he must absorbs the Worldkillers we saw back in Supergirl to reach his perfect form, after which he creates a giant tournament to decide the fate of the planet, or sometihng?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Yeah no doubt no doubt. I'm really interested in the changing to better kill idea plus the virus. Doomsday could have possibly been hundreds of beings before this one and Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    This was essentially already done with Davis Bloome on Smallville, except instead of getting infected, Davis was born with the genetic template for the Doomsday monster. It's seriously getting to a point with the Brainiac in Lois and Doomsday evolution transformation stuff in Doomed that much of what these creators think is creative and new is remarkably similar to a television storyline which aired about 6 years ago.
    Maybe in a vague sense I think. But it's got more than a few defining characteristics such as the virus idea, him evolving not just to evolve but to better kill all life around him and as I stated above the idea of Doomsday possibly being more than just one being.

Smallville's was pretty much just a rip off of the Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    So, like, he must absorbs the Worldkillers we saw back in Supergirl to reach his perfect form, after which he creates a giant tournament to decide the fate of the planet, or sometihng?
    So then you're working on this book I see

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

So then you're working on this book I see
    You should see the moment where Jimmy becomes super angry, turns into Ultra Giant Turtle Boy, and kick his ass.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonior View Post
    I like to think that's the whole point about these heroes, to face these challenges to the brink of almost losing everything and even themselves then rise above and be a better him after winning each challenge.
    Well yeah....but you'd still be mad if next issue Wonder Woman get's her hand cut off by Doomsday, right? Sure she'd come back but you wouldn't be happy in the moment, and that's my whole point. On one hand my post was comedic in nature but on the other I'm a little worried about Steel and what's gonna happen to him.

Like he's hardly been in the new 52 but the issues he has shown up in have been gold (Morrison's Action) so he's a little like fragile to me right now. Any other writer I'd be worried but since it's Pak I'm pretty much down for the ride.