Default Ryo Saeba vs Daredevil

So, I thought I would use that reboot to reintroduce Ryo to the forums (maybe with more success this time). Anime Ryo by the way, which makes me think I need to get the manga.

Some feats (which I got back from before the reboot):
    - some bullet-timing feats:
    Dodging rifle shots after they are fired at 0:50 and 1:21.
    Around 2:31, shoots a bullet out of the air after they are fired.

-in terms of accuracy:
    At 2:25, he shoots six bullets through the exact same hole at 15 meters. Later in the same episode, thanks to a special gun, he replicates this feat with two bullets only, but at 50 meters to make a hole through a special glass.

-a feat of pain resistance (watch until the end though, it's pretty funny)

I'll wander around the tube again to find other feats, but with those videos, you should get a first idea of what Ryo can do. (A feat that does come to mind is using his gun on a baseball to help someone simulate telekinesis).

So, is Ryo fast enough to take advantage of the fact that he has a gun (and can use it very accurately to put a bullet through Matt?

The problem is Matt's a bullet timer.

I mean, Ryo has some ridiculous speed feats, but he is trying to hit a bullet timer with a bullet and that's going to be harder than Matt closing the distance and using his superior physical stats to win.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    The problem is Matt's a bullet timer.

I mean, Ryo has some ridiculous speed feats, but he is trying to hit a bullet timer with a bullet and that's going to be harder than Matt closing the distance and using his superior physical stats to win.
    Mmm, I thought that another bullet-timer (granted, he is slower, not gonna argue against that) pretty skilled with guns would have a better chance to hit him before getting to hand to hand range, where Ryo definitely does get murdered.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 05-12-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Mmm, I thought that another bullet-timer (granted, he is slower, not gonna argue against that) pretty skilled with guns would have a better chance to hit him before getting to hand to hand range, where Ryo definitely does get murdered.
    It's kind of hard to hit a guy using a gun when said guy is faster than the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It's kind of hard to hit a guy using a gun when said guy is faster than the bullet.
    Yeah, unless the gun-user has some way of imbuing HIS speed onto the bullet.

There is the fact that he was able to calculate where a bullet will be after it's fired and accurate enough to shoot it out of the air.I can therefore foresee Ryo this to anticipate where Matt will have to be after spamming Matt with bullets, but still, Matt can just block/deflect the bullets he can't dodge, unless you take away his baton.

Quote Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
    Yeah, unless the gun-user has some way of imbuing HIS speed onto the bullet.

There is the fact that he was able to calculate where a bullet will be after it's fired and accurate enough to shoot it out of the air.I can therefore foresee Ryo this to anticipate where Matt will have to be after spamming Matt with bullets, but still, Matt can just block/deflect the bullets he can't dodge, unless you take away his baton.
    Can Ryo imbue his speed to the bullet? I have no idea on who Ryo even is.

BANNED

Matt throws baton into the gun barrel, gun explodes in Ryo's face, game over.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Matt throws baton into the gun barrel, gun explodes in Ryo's face, game over.
    The Punisher is able to shoot Matt's billy club when he throws it. Ryo definitely won't have trouble replicating that feat, being faster and more accurate than Frank.

And no, Ryo doesn't have any magic or other allowing him to imbue his speed to his bullets. He is just a really fast (see above) and accurate gunslinger.

EDIT: Click here for more feats for Ryo.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 05-12-2014 at 02:01 PM.

I agree with the previous statements. Ryo has plenty of skill and speed, and if DareDevil did not have his radar sense, I could even see Ryo tagging him via a bunch of trick shots (dodging A means you have to then dodge B, then C, then D, which means that the ricochet of bullet F will hit you, while E goes whistling by the only other way to go with you current momentum).

Sadly, with the danger sense I do not see Ryo managing to get the surprise shot in.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight