BANNED

Default Loki is a good Guy now ?

I was looking up loki on the marvel database and it said he is a good guy now ? I can't believe this. first kaine then dr doom (temporally of corse) now loki. man what's next mephisto, oh almost forgot about magneto.

Well, he's an anti-hero type. Technically working for the good of Asgard, but using his own methods to do it. And he's still the God of Lies and Mischief and all.

For the duration of the Axis event, he'll be Inverted and acting heroic, but after that, well, who knows?

And the smart money's on Magneto leading the X-Men post-Axis. Or my money, anyway.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Nobody tell him about Axis!

Extraordinary Member

Short version: It's complicated.

Abridged long version with spoilers: spoilers:
    After being resurrected as his usual self in JMS' Thor run Loki realised that despite being recreated and freed from the cycle of life and death they had been unknowingly trapped in for ages, the asgardians were just ressuming their old roles. Thor was the hero, Balder was the leader and Loki was Loki.

As a god of chaos this did not sit well with him since he did not want to be stagnant. So after making sure he wouldn't end up in hel or hell loki engineered a plot where asgard on earth was destroyed and he was killed (this was Siege, it's mediocre and kinda dull). After that he was reborn again under his own conditions, this time as a completely new being that was free from Loki's bitter and torn soul but burdened with the blame of his crimes.

After many great and creative adventures the remnants of the old Loki usurped the new and, mostly, innocent kid Loki's place in the universe because the narrative would eventually demand that old Loki returns. He'd gotten a new lease on life and as a god of chaos he's decided to play the hero to the best of his ability, which makes him an unconventional kind of hero, but he is still plagued by his crime against the young version of himself that he killed. But alas, the complications do not end there. An older Loki has appeared, perhaps he's time travelled or perhaps the narrative is that much more demanding, a Loki much more in line with the traditional evil Loki. So you see, there's plenty of variety in this complex tale when it comes to Lokis and you shouldn't just write it off as another heel-face turn.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 12-03-2014 at 05:21 PM.

BANNED

Kid Loki is the best Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Nobody tell him about Axis!
    Pretty much this. Chaotic Neutral Loki will have so many blackmail worthy stories to cover up after this. Thor will never let him live it down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Well, he's an anti-hero type. Technically working for the good of Asgard, but using his own methods to do it. And he's still the God of Lies and Mischief and all.

For the duration of the Axis event, he'll be Inverted and acting heroic, but after that, well, who knows?

And the smart money's on Magneto leading the X-Men post-Axis. Or my money, anyway.
    ok I have heard that kid loki is not the real loki just a new one made after the real loki died. afterwords the real one tried to possess the young one to be alive again but the kid loki said now because he did not want to be like the original ?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Eh just don't think about it too much, the book is great and the stories that have come out of it have been awesome (JiM, AoA).

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Pretty much this. Chaotic Neutral Loki will have so many blackmail worthy stories to cover up after this. Thor will never let him live it down.
    I don't think Thor'll be one to talk after Axis.

BANNED

Marvel characters switch sides all the time, if he's a good guy it must be Tuesday. He'll be a bad guy on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    ok I have heard that kid loki is not the real loki just a new one made after the real loki died. afterwords the real one tried to possess the young one to be alive again but the kid loki said now because he did not want to be like the original ?
    Kid Loki was a resurrected Kid version of Loki from Thor's fond memories. However, he had a mixtape version of his old self left in his head that he named Ikol. At the end of Journey into Mystery, the ghost of old Loki (possibly King Loki) convinced Kid Loki to take back the edited Ikol into himself to save Thor and the world. Kid Loki did that and he was merged with Ikol, effectively killing Kid Loki, and giving us the current version of Loki, who is a neutral character. Current Loki isn't really evil or good, he's self-interested with occasional whims. And it's glorious, because we never know what he's going to do next.

Meanwhile, Malekith has an actual back story now and seems to be filling in the role of evil spellcaster that evil Loki used to fill. While also, I expect shaping up to be Loki's enemy as well as Thor's.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't think Thor'll be one to talk after Axis.
    Thor is under a spell. Loki did all of this out of some weird suicide plot.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Read Gillen's Journey into Mystery, one of Marvel's best comics of the past decade.

Oh, wait... kidomegaprime doesn't actually read comics. Just asks about them on CBR.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Kid Loki was a resurrected Kid version of Loki from Thor's fond memories. However, he had a mixtape version of his old self left in his head that he named Ikol. At the end of Journey into Mystery, the ghost of old Loki (possibly King Loki) convinced Kid Loki to take back the edited Ikol into himself to save Thor and the world. Kid Loki did that and he was merged with Ikol, effectively killing Kid Loki, and giving us the current version of Loki, who is a neutral character. Current Loki isn't really evil or good, he's self-interested with occasional whims. And it's glorious, because we never know what he's going to do next.

Meanwhile, Malekith has an actual back story now and seems to be filling in the role of evil spellcaster that evil Loki used to fill. While also, I expect shaping up to be Loki's enemy as well as Thor's.
    so let me get this right kid loki and original loki were 2 seprate people but now kid loki is something new ? kind of like a third loki ?