Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

ComicBookResources: "I think Dark Knight Strikes Again was a tremendous departure from Dark Knight Returns…"

Frank Miller: "Damn straight." http://convergingtoacenter.blogspot....an-artist.html

Frank Miller said back in November 1981, "If I am to have a long and very successful career, I hope that it is like Bob Dylan’s. He had a very successful act for years, then he decided he wanted to do something else and when he played his new music, he was booed off the stage for it. But it didn’t stop him." http://grantland.com/features/frank-...r-comic-books/

Frank Miller's friend and editor Bob Schreck revealed, "With almost every project with Frank, when we started The Dark Knight Strikes Again, first thing Frank did when he called me, first thing he said was, 'Hey, Schreck, wanna go on a suicide run?' Why? Because he knew that they wanted The Dark Knight Returns (repeated), and no matter what he did they were not gonna be happy. As an artist you just have to say, 'Well, I did that. I did that 14, 15 years ago. I'm done. This is what I wanna do now,' and you take your hit. There was a lot of controversy on that one. People didn't want new greatness, they just wanted to be reminded of past greatness. They didn't want anything new."
    http://video.comicbookresources.com/...strikes-again/

Frank Miller explained, "At the very least, it's not a repetition of the first Dark Knight. It uses the first one as a springboard to a new story."
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...icle&id=192%22

Frank Miller's had the story idea for a third Dark Knight for years now. In 2009 Frank Miller said on moebiusgraphics.com, "I've got a whopper of a Superman story I'd love to tell--a third DK, in fact, and it'd involve Wonder Woman and Lara--but I think I've already pushed DC to their limit. These are multibillion-dollar franchises, after all--they have to protect them from pirates like me.

But who knows? ANYTHING can happen.

FM"

Looks like it can.
    Last edited by Steven Ely; 12-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Jerry Siegel/Joe Shuster, Bill Finger/Bob Kane/Gardner Fox/Sheldon Moldoff/Jerry Robinson, William Moulton Marston under the pen name Charles Moulton/Harry Peter. Creators of the most enduring iconic archetypes of the comic book superhero genre. The creators early Golden Age versions should be preserved. The early Golden Age mythology by the creators are as close to the proper, correct authentic versions as there is.

Gah, I can't stand Snyder. Too many monologues.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'm torn. I hate modern Miller, but I lobe Snyder's Batman.
    Cyclops was right

If they get Jim Lee for this before they finish All-Star BnR I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Wow. This will either be really terrible or freaking amazing, and I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Neither are very good writers so, no thank you.

Not interested in Carrie's story

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Wow. This will either be really terrible or freaking amazing, and I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.
    Feels like a massive train wreck, so I'm hoping for the former. Given what Snyder's writing has become, and after AS Robin The Boy Wonder & Batman, this could be an amazing disaster.

Astonishing Member

Snyder's monologue reads like what if Miller wrote his dialogue with a straight face. I'm morbidly curious to see how those styles would mix.

I loved Strikes Again so I'm potentially interested in reading it, but PLEASE don't waste Sean Murphy on this project!

I'm hoping its actually a prequel. Can they please do the story about why Batman went in to retirement? THATS something I want to read.

A sequel to Dark Knight that not only is Miller not drawing, but also not even fully writing it?

Yep. Sounds like DC.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    A sequel to Dark Knight that not only is Miller not drawing, but also not even fully writing it?

Yep. Sounds like DC.
    Have you read Holy Terror? You do not want an unchecked Miller on a mainstream project.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

Yep. Sounds like DC.
    I don't think Miller could write or draw this project even if he wanted to. If his health is really as bad as it is rumored to be, he couldn't do it alone.

Fantastic Member

DKSA was years ahead of its time, and I wouldn't mind seeing another in-universe work from the artist who put that out; especially if it manages to recontextualize the world yet again as DKSA did for DKR before it; there's a lot of weight and fun in that.

Unfortunately, modern Miller needs a co-writer to reign his dialogue in past at-best-semi-intentional parody, and comb his ideas for the jingoism and sexism that spot his later work. More unfortunately, I don't think that writer is Snyder, especially when it comes to reigning in dialogue. I'm open to being surprised, though.