Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Jesus thats heartbreaking.
    Yeah, i didn't know it was that bad. =(

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Batman View Post
    I'm hoping its actually a prequel. Can they please do the story about why Batman went in to retirement? THATS something I want to read.
    What would a prequel do to really inform that world, in a way that we'd need? Then again, I'm rather biased against prequels as a concept.

Anyway, copy and pasted (with light editing) from the rumor thread:

DKSA was years ahead of its time (as was DKR), and I wouldn't mind seeing another in-universe work from the artist who put that out; especially if it manages to recontextualize the world yet again as DKSA did for DKR before it; there's a lot of weight and fun in that.

Unfortunately, modern Miller needs a co-writer to reign his dialogue in past at-best-semi-intentional parody, and comb his ideas for the jingoism and sexism that spot his later work. More unfortunately, I don't think that writer is Snyder, especially when it comes to reigning in dialogue. I'm open to being surprised, though.

I really think this could be something special. I'm divided on Snyder's Batman but think he's a good writer who has his heart in the right place, there is no doubt he has a genuine enthusiasm for those characters. He's also a huge Miller fan who could something cool in the DKR world. God Bless Frank, I hope he gets better, and has another great Batman story to tell.

tumblr_m4ifsi4npE1qdoqnm.jpg

I don't understand why this is a thing that anyone wants.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    tumblr_m4ifsi4npE1qdoqnm.jpg

I don't understand why this is a thing that anyone wants.
    Frank and Scott want to work together. Frank and Scott working together on Batman will be a big deal. Big name artists like being attached to big deals. Big writers and artists will move units. DC likes making money. Honestly, it isn't that surprising.

It's a really scary thought.

Amazing Member

Just for Snyder fans. I'm pretty sure Miller won't write a word on it and just gives his names to boost sales

Quote Originally Posted by ptitjaune View Post
    Just for Snyder fans. I'm pretty sure Miller won't write a word on it and just gives his names to boost sales
    I'm thinking Miller provides the overall plot, and Snyder writes it all. If this goes through. Which I don't think it will.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

I love the Dark Knight Returns. I'm usually not too big on sequels that come decades later, but it didn't exactly end definitively. It's one of those stories that could be left as is, but it's open enough that a sequel could work. Scott Snyder has shown that he can raise the bar for every story he writes. If anyone besides Frank Miller is going to write a story like this, then Scott Snyder is my first choice.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Miller was also supposed to cowrite batman odyssey, and that never happened. Of course, seeing how the dark knight returns is his creation, it would be surprising if he didn't contribute at all.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Wow. This will either be really terrible or freaking amazing, and I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.
    QFT!

Eirther way, I'm in. 😀
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Miller was also supposed to cowrite batman odyssey, and that never happened.
    He was also supposed to work on a Rusty story with Darrow in Dark Horse Presents, but that didn't happen either. I get privacy, but I"m glad Miller's health issues are being brought to light, so at least we know what's happening with him.

It breaks my heart that Miller doesn't seem to be able to draw anymore, due to his illness.

Spectacular Member

DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN was pretty terrible (with moments of fantastic...The Superman/Wonder Woman/their daughter/September 11th parable was the more interesting part of the story). The art was "New-Miller" odd, but Varley's digital coloring is what really ruined it.

I'm curious to see where they can take this story, though. Hopefully Snyder can reel Miller in a bit. Since around SIN CITY: HELL AND BACK he's been off his rocker.
    Last edited by MikeyWood; 12-04-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Miller seems to be fully aware of the work he's doing, his expectations of it's popularity/acceptance and doesn't seem to care. I wouldn't call that "off his rocker". I might not agree with his politics, but he doesn't seem delusional in regards to his work.

I'm interested, but I'm more of a Year One fan, than a DKR guy, so good or bad, I'll be fine with it.

Still, if this was the reason that Carrie Kelley was pulled from Tomasi's Batman and Robin, then that's pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Fear View Post
    I loved Strikes Again so I'm potentially interested in reading it, but PLEASE don't waste Sean Murphy on this project!
    I get you, but I love me some Sean Murphy on Batman, and that's the one thing that would guarantee a buy from me.