Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Why? Do we REALLY need endless sequels, prequels and "expansions"? If this is the best comics can do, stripmining 30 year old work (which, at the time, were vital and important, true) because no one wants to read new things, maybe it's time for comics to go away.

Comics is just strip mining old and tired characters in the main books anyway. what's the difference?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mbast1 View Post
    Why? Do we REALLY need endless sequels, prequels and "expansions"? If this is the best comics can do, stripmining 30 year old work (which, at the time, were vital and important, true) because no one wants to read new things, maybe it's time for comics to go away.
    Welcome to the era of nostalgia.

Why are they calling this a sequel when we already had a terrible one a few years ago?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Why are they calling this a sequel when we already had a terrible one a few years ago?
    Dissing DKSA is a bannable offense, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I think most people like to pretend DKSA does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    What are you talking about? I have never heard of such a thing.......

BANNED

Living in a delusion is not a healthy thing to do.

BANNED

Since when?

As a piece of comic medium, Dark Knight Strikes Again is absolutely fun and pretty fantastic. I can see why some parts would rub some fans off, but that was true in the original work in the first place.

DKSA was fun, if not the sequel some hoped for.

Come on....News in the Nude. Pure genius.

I'd be interested to read this if it becomes a reality, but it's not something I'll be holding my breath for.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

All-New Member

They should get all these guys to finish All Star Batman first.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Not a fan of having multiple artists.
    I'm a serious fan of jam comics, where you pile on the artists for sections, pages, or even on the same page. It can give a lot of energy, and in a case like this, it lets us see a ton of tributes to Miller.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Wow, there's a lot of weird thinking going on in this thread.

For the moment however....

Brian Azzarello, John Romita Jr, Dave Gibbons And Klaus Janson Also Named On Dark Knight Three Project

Yeah.

As for the plot? We mentioned before how it would involve the original Carrie Kelley Robin character, now elderly, taking the Bruce Wayne role in the story. But it will be one in opposition to the Supergirl character introduced in Dark Knight Strikes Back, mirroring the Superman/Batman conflict of the original Dark Knight Returns, that will also form the core of the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice movie.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mbast1 View Post
    Right, because if there's anything Miller's spent his career doing, it's just strip-mining and never doing anything new or novel.

Whereas, every other Batman comic you've ever read was purely original, never looked back, never followed a sequence or referred to previous stories.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Since when?

As a piece of comic medium, Dark Knight Strikes Again is absolutely fun and pretty fantastic. I can see why some parts would rub some fans off, but that was true in the original work in the first place.
    Most was an exaggeration. I guess some places I traffic did not like it. So the vocal minority does not like it. Critics too, sadly. From Wikipedia: "The Dark Knight Strikes Again received mixed to negative reviews. Grovel.org.uk gave The Dark Knight Strikes Again two stars out of five, and said that it "reads as a thunderous artillery barrage, all smoke and noise, lacking in nuance".[3] Claude Lalumière of The Montreal Gazette gave the series a mixed review and said, "the script lacks the emotional nuances of its predecessor, and ... the artwork is rushed and garish", and that it "has considerable chutzpah, but its careless execution is regrettable".[4] Roger Sabin of The Guardian wrote that the series has "flashes of brilliance—few can control page layouts like Miller—but in general the idea of the ironic superhero seems rather dated."[5]"