Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    Why wouldn't there have been a Wally West that is like the previous one...? There's a Clark Kent that's "like" the previous one, a Barry Allen that's "like" the previous one. It's not beyond a rational conclusion that a Wally West character would come back and at least be somewhat "like" the old one, is it...?
    Given that Clark and Barry are the "originals" (in the general sense), there's a difference.

Young Wally is too white and generic; adult Wally is both too white and makes Barry appear too old.

Batman can get away with it because he is DC's most popular character and can deal with any hits from being "aged" too much by having too many sidekicks - and even then they do squeeze them together into a much shorter timeframe.. Flash isn't in the same category.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Given that Clark and Barry are the "originals" (in the general sense), there's a difference.

Young Wally is too white and generic; adult Wally is both too white and makes Barry appear too old.

Batman can get away with it because he is DC's most popular character and can deal with any hits from being "aged" too much by having too many sidekicks - and even then they do squeeze them together into a much shorter timeframe.. Flash isn't in the same category.
    too generic?
    barry is also too generic and too white. excuses and excuses, this is not working

like you want diversity, start with the Main hero not the side kick. I see no reasons barry can't be black. he is not batman.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-13-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Not gonna lie, I don't see what's wrong with the costume, the skirt is better than the shield panties she currently wears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Not gonna lie, I don't see what's wrong with the costume, the skirt is better than the shield panties she currently wears.
    For the record, the modifications were minor and subtle ones: they lengthened the skirt and shirt, essentially put a bra on her underneath the shirt, and put a pair of biker shorts on her under the skirt. That is, they changed the costume from something you’d expect a prostitute to be wearing to something a cheerleader might wear.

The point is, people complained about her appearance, and DC agreed that their complaints were valid — which goes to the point that sometimes even a minor change in the costume (far more minor than the “trunks or no trunks” thing for Superman or the costume redesign Wonder Woman got in her last pre-Flashpoint story arc) can be a valid reason for choosing not to like a character.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I get to decide if their choices embarrass me to be a fan of the same thing.
    In which case I would strongly recommend that you take your own advice, but with respect to the overall fanbase rather than DC. Be clear about when you’re stating personal preferences and opinions rather than objective facts; and once it becomes obvious that something isn’t going to change, stop trying to change it. Heck, even your avatar includes a bit of advice that you should take.

Put another way: before you try to remove the speck from your brother’s eye, first remove the log from your own.
    Rogue wears rouge.

BANNED

For the record, the modifications were minor and subtle ones: they lengthened the skirt and shirt, essentially put a bra on her underneath the shirt, and put a pair of biker shorts on her under the skirt. That is, they changed the costume from something you’d expect a prostitute to be wearing to something a cheerleader might wear.

The point is, people complained about her appearance, and DC agreed that their complaints were valid — which goes to the point that sometimes even a minor change in the costume (far more minor than the “trunks or no trunks” thing for Superman or the costume redesign Wonder Woman got in her last pre-Flashpoint story arc) can be a valid reason for choosing not to like a character.
    No, it's a valid reason for not liking a costume.

BANNED

In which case I would strongly recommend that you take your own advice, but with respect to the overall fanbase rather than DC. Be clear about when you’re stating personal preferences and opinions rather than objective facts; and once it becomes obvious that something isn’t going to change, stop trying to change it. Heck, even your avatar includes a bit of advice that you should take.

Put another way: before you try to remove the speck from your brother’s eye, first remove the log from your own.
    So accept that most comics fans on message boards are utter geeks and have no idea what they are talking about? I'll work on it.

Whether you like older stories or newer stories is just a matter of taste. Tastes do change and dc needs to find new customers.

No, it's a valid reason for not liking a costume.
    It’s a valid reason for not liking the comic, and thus not buying it.

So accept that most comics fans on message boards are utter geeks and have no idea what they are talking about? I'll work on it.
    Accept that you may also be a geek who doesn’t always know what you’re talking about, and try to be a bit less judgmental of those who disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Whether you like older stories or newer stories is just a matter of taste. Tastes do change and dc needs to find new customers.
    True. But they don’t need to alienate existing customers in the process. Again, I’m not saying that the New 52 is bad or should go away; it has its fans, after all. What I’m saying is that those of us who like the DCU as it was before Flashpoint should get something, too.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-16-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

All those titles beign canceled might be what Didio was referring to when he said "closure"

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Because there's no basis for it. He's a kid who is in trouble and Barry is going to help him out of it.

That is better, more nuanced, more mature storytelling than a kid who is whitebread who has the exact same origin as Barry and never does anything wrong.

Not to mention that you shouldn't really care anything about "Wally West" either way because you recognize the benefits of a fresh new DC continuity where the heroes aren't saddled down with a bazillion sidekicks and knockoffs.

Or at the VERY least, 3 years later, you should realize these things are going to happen no matter what and there's no sense in complaining about it.
    I LIKE the billion sidekicks. I like the sense of legacy. And it not three years later for me. I just got into DC this year. I'm a "mythical" new fan., and I hate the New 52. There's no other way to say it.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    All those titles beign canceled might be what Didio was referring to when he said "closure"
    Didio’s “closure” comment was specifically referring to Week One; so no.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Didio was talking about going back and revisiting some of the characters and stories that ended so abruptly when Flashpoint hit. I just hope they get generally happy endings.