Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I Ching was introduced in the New 52 on Deathstroke #1

BANNED

Mod Deathstroke

Slade Wilson is The NEW Deathstroke

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Why are all these WW characters getting revamped outside of the solo book? Are the WW editors just giving them away?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Why are all these WW characters getting revamped outside of the solo book? Are the WW editors just giving them away?

Good question. It's like everyone BUT the Wonder Woman team seems to want to use her characters:

Dr. Psycho showed up in both Superboy & Justice League.
    Cheetah was also in Justice League & A.R.G.U.S.
    Giganta was in Pandora and Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Angle Man & Blue Snowman were both also in Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Steve Trevor & Etta Candy are both in Justice League and were in A.R.G.U.S.
    Circe was in Men at War.
    Hercules was in Aquaman.
    Medousa was in Batwoman

Granted, the last two are public domain characters like the Olympians.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Good question. It's like everyone BUT the Wonder Woman team seems to want to use her characters:

Circe was in Men at War.
    Hercules was in Aquaman.
    Medousa was in Batwoman

this isn't necessarily bad news. Broader appeal for her rogues makes Diana a more central hero in the DCU. If Cheetah and Giganta etc prove to be a threat to other major heros it elevates Diana too.

I was never a huge I-Ching fan, but it's cool nonetheless!

I Ching already appeared circa 2008 in Batman related books. And something made me think people wouldn't mind "losing" him to the general UDC, not being related to WW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    this isn't necessarily bad news. Broader appeal for her rogues makes Diana a more central hero in the DCU. If Cheetah and Giganta etc prove to be a threat to other major heros it elevates Diana too.
    I agree with this point ... to an extent. I'm all for WW characters being showcased well around the DCU, but I think DC should be mindful to always bring them back "home." They shouldn't just be given away. WW can fight Parasite, but at the end of the day, Parasite is still a Superman character. WW characters should be treated similarly.

Fantastic Member

The last three.

Circe was in Men at War.
    Hercules was in Aquaman.
    Medousa was in Batwoman

Wonder Woman, in her solo book, has been hermetically sealed in Azzarello World for the past three years, no? It isn't almost "like" her team didn't want to use those characters. It is painfully evident that they didn't want to use them.

Maybe that will change now.
    Last edited by Largo161; 12-04-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I agree with this point ... to an extent. I'm all for WW characters being showcased well around the DCU, but I think DC should be mindful to always bring them back "home." They shouldn't just be given away. WW can fight Parasite, but at the end of the day, Parasite is still a Superman character. WW characters should be treated similarly.
    I get what you are saying, but I'm not sure how one can judge that a character "has been given away" from a handful of appearances in other comics. Cheetah is clearly positioned as a WW foe from her earliest N52 appearances. The others have been given little more than cameos. Nothing that I've seen has indicated that they can never come back to WW ... if the Finchs want to write one of these characters into her solo series it won't seem strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post

I would agree with that if these characters were used concurrently in Wonder Woman but at the moment, it seems like the WW group is having a garage sale with their unused characters. Hopefully the Finchs start using some of these characters soon so there is a more unified front from DC about the appeal of these characters.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    The last three.

You're right. Circe has been used so much in Wonder Woman in the last 3 decades that I almost forget she's a public domain character.

Hopefully the Finchs start using some of these characters soon so there is a more unified front from DC about the appeal of these characters.
    Seems like it depends on what their run will entail. I don't know that shoehorning characters into a run(where they might not even make sense) just so you can say you've used them is the smartest play.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems like it depends on what their run will entail. I don't know that shoehorning characters into a run(where they might not even make sense) just so you can say you've used them is the smartest play.

Who said anything about shoehorning them in? I'd prefer the Finchs to be as passionate about using these characters as Azz was about using the Olympians.