Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sure. However, I'd guess what does and doesn't fit into the run is probably set in stone.

If you're saying you hope those characters fall into "fit", gotcha.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure. However, I'd guess what does and doesn't fit into the run is probably set in stone.

If you're saying you hope those characters fall into "fit", gotcha.

BINGO!

(10 char)
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I would agree with that if these characters were used concurrently in Wonder Woman but at the moment, it seems like the WW group is having a garage sale with their unused characters. Hopefully the Finchs start using some of these characters soon so there is a more unified front from DC about the appeal of these characters.
    Oh come on! It's totally unrealistic to believe that any run of any comic can use every villain in a rogues gallery. WW's rogues showing up in a handful of cameos in no way constitues them no longer being in her gallery or a "garage sale" (although I love the mental image of that). Especially when the only significant role anyone of her rogues has played clearly illustrated her role in Diana's world. Cheetah is the only one with any kind of real role until the DCU to date and that was clearly illustrated within the WW domain, and she appeared within the solo series for Villains Month and as a major player in the Forever Evil arcs. The only other character who had more than a cameo was Dr. Psycho and his role in SB vanished before it really went anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Oh come on! It's totally unrealistic to believe that any run of any comic can use every villain in a rogues gallery. WW's rogues showing up in a handful of cameos in no way constitues them no longer being in her gallery or a "garage sale" (although I love the mental image of that)...
    What is a very real worry here is that the WW comic could lose editorial control over some of these characters, ..like when it lost control of Wonder Girl to the Teen Titans editors. [Did anyone here know that the WW comic had virtually no say in what could be done, narratively speaking, with Donna Troy?] Once that happens, with characters that become successful and popular, elsewhere, editorial control is next to impossible to get back. Once I-Ching, Donna Troy or Steve Trevor or Supervillain X becomes an integral part of another comic's mythos, and that editor can justify keeping them in their comic, to Geoff Johns or whoever, you can pretty much kiss them, good-bye, ..forever, ..and Matt Idelson doesn't seem to care.

That might be acceptable, if the Wonder Woman comic had a rich, complex cache of supporting characters and a famous rogues gallery, like Batman's or Superman's, ..but, it doesn't. It never has, ..and now, the editor is giving stuff, away?!

Why?!!! How can you give away, what you don't have to spare, in the first place?!

The editorial management of this comic is nothing short of embarrassing. We deserve so much better, than this.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-05-2014 at 11:44 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

Good question. It's like everyone BUT the Wonder Woman team seems to want to use her characters:

Dr. Psycho showed up in both Superboy & Justice League.
    Cheetah was also in Justice League & A.R.G.U.S.
    Giganta was in Pandora and Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Angle Man & Blue Snowman were both also in Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Steve Trevor & Etta Candy are both in Justice League and were in A.R.G.U.S.
    Circe was in Men at War.
    Hercules was in Aquaman.
    Medousa was in Batwoman

Granted, the last two are public domain characters like the Olympians.
    It could potentially be a good thing...if all these characters were to tean up somehow and Eonder Woman was the last one standing to take them down.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Oh come on! It's totally unrealistic to believe that any run of any comic can use every villain in a rogues gallery. WW's rogues showing up in a handful of cameos in no way constitues them no longer being in her gallery or a "garage sale" (although I love the mental image of that). Especially when the only significant role anyone of her rogues has played clearly illustrated her role in Diana's world. Cheetah is the only one with any kind of real role until the DCU to date and that was clearly illustrated within the WW domain, and she appeared within the solo series for Villains Month and as a major player in the Forever Evil arcs. The only other character who had more than a cameo was Dr. Psycho and his role in SB vanished before it really went anywhere.
    Heinberg did it.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Amazing Member

Any exposure at this point would be good for WW characters, no? In the pre-new52 continuity, Diana did have adventures with I-Ching, so recent DC readers know that he's a WW character. I'm glad to see any WW character showing up in another book, it doesn't matter to me if they get a call-out as being from the Wondie-verse (it would be nice, though), because anyone that wiki's the guy will find his first appearance out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    What is a very real worry here is that the WW comic could lose editorial control over some of these characters, ..like when it lost control of Wonder Girl to the Teen Titans editors. [Did anyone here know that the WW comic had virtually no say in what could be done, narratively speaking, with Donna Troy?] Once that happens, with characters that become successful and popular, elsewhere, editorial control is next to impossible to get back. Once I-Ching, Donna Troy or Steve Trevor or Supervillain X becomes an integral part of another comic's mythos, and that editor can justify keeping them in their comic, to Geoff Johns or whoever, you can pretty much kiss them, good-bye, ..forever, ..and Matt Idelson doesn't seem to care.

That might be acceptable, if the Wonder Woman comic had a rich, complex cache of supporting characters and a famous rogues gallery, like Batman's or Superman's, ..but, it doesn't. It never has, ..and now, the editor is giving stuff, away?!

Why?!!! How can you give away, what you don't have to spare, in the first place?!

The editorial management of this comic is nothing short of embarrassing. We deserve so much better, than this.

Very well said Mel.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Very well said Mel.
    Alot of us don't know that Wonder Girl was merely a guest in the comic that created her, because the WW comic lost editorial control of the character. Huge deal! I nearly forgot that one, myself.

And to think I got through that rant, without calling Matt Idelson any bad names! Thanks, Dr. Poison.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think the word you are look for is consistent supporting cast, Marston, Perez, Ruckas, Azzarello all had fine characters to them. They were just all different.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Heinberg did it.
    I don't recall Silver Swan or Queen Clea or Dr. Cyber playing major roles in his run. Probably a few dozen others too

I don't recall Silver Swan or Queen Clea or Dr. Cyber playing major roles in his run. Probably a few dozen others too

Virtually all of the Wonder-rogues were part of Heinberg's single 5-part start-up story for Wonder Woman Vol. 3. but the main players in the group were Circe, Cheetah, and Giganta.

Virtually all of the Wonder-rogues were part of Heinberg's single 5-part start-up story for Wonder Woman Vol. 3. but the main players in the group were Circe, Cheetah, and Giganta.
    I was so sad when Blue Snowman wasn't part of that group. Really, the only good aspect of Heinbeg's run IMO was the fact that he did what every other writer failed to do: revive the majority of her rogues.

BANNED

If this is the Who is Wonder Woman? story (which I assume it is since it appears to be Heinberg's only WW work to date). I would say the only Wonder-Rogue that played a major role was Circe, while a select few of the others subdued Donna in probably the worst fashion possible. The rest were playing the role of a meaningless spectacle-army at the end. Many of them had only one line before being one the recieving end of a fist or a boot ending their continued participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    If this is the Who is Wonder Woman? story (which I assume it is since it appears to be Heinberg's only WW work to date). I would say the only Wonder-Rogue that played a major role was Circe, while a select few of the others subdued Donna in probably the worst fashion possible. The rest were playing the role of a meaningless spectacle-army at the end. Many of them had only one line before being one the recieving end of a fist or a boot ending their continued participation.
    Cheetah, Giganta, and Doctor Psycho were given spotlight in the first three issues before Circe even appeared (and Cheetah and Giganta were both given covers highlighting them).