Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Minor nitpick, but Diana Prince wasn't a non-powered human until the end of the story when Circe did some spell to help her embrace her humanity or some BS. Diana was fully powered when she knocked Barbara through that window. Though that doesn't explain how Cheetah was able to sneak up on her in the first place, or why Cheetah didn't recognize her scent or whatever. Diana acted like an idiot through the whole story and decided she wouldn't use her powers because they made her inhuman, so Circe took them away.

In general, I agree with you that the story was trash. It was cool seeing the WW rogues with Dodson art, but the writing did them no favors. It isn't the story I would hold up to prove their greatness.
    I was also referring to Batman partly strangling her in the last issue. (If she can take a blow in the head or chest from Diana, Batman shouldn't have the needed strength to constrict her breathing.)
    But I think you are right about Diana, I just remember her immediately after dodging into an alley to do the Wonder-Spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The only time that Cheetah seems to be powered down is when she's written by writers who seem to be ignorant of her capabilities.
    I think some modern writers are still thinking she's just a bi-polar lady in a cat-suit. I don't know why they even bother using her if they're not going to do the research and get up to date on her current abilities so when a writer powers her down, I tend to ignore that.

Gundra has existed since the Golden Age. She's also fought the JSA(in their origin story) and the All-Star Squadron(as part of Axis Amerika).
    This one sadly being amongst them.
    That is probably true and I suspect it will be/has been repeated elsewhere. (Look at the Question as an example, how long will it go before someone thinks he's still just a faceless conspiracy theorist?)

Ah, she's one of those then. Honestly I think the champion from an opposing pantheon could be an intersting choice of villain/competition for Diana. Like imagine her being a generally heroic character but is divinely madated to pick a fight with Diana if she lays eyes on her.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I was also referring to Batman partly strangling her in the last issue. (If she can take a blow in the head or chest from Diana, Batman shouldn't have the needed strength to constrict her breathing.)
    But I think you are right about Diana, I just remember her immediately after dodging into an alley to do the Wonder-Spin.

This one sadly being amongst them.
    That is probably true and I suspect it will be/has been repeated elsewhere. (Look at the Question as an example, how long will it go before someone thinks he's still just a faceless conspiracy theorist?)

Ah, she's one of those then. Honestly I think the champion from an opposing pantheon could be an intersting choice of villain/competition for Diana. Like imagine her being a generally heroic character but is divinely madated to pick a fight with Diana if she lays eyes on her.

Gundra is pretty much that. She is the Princess of the Valkyries and during World War II, she was allied with Hitler and the Nazis in hopes of helping German to win the war. It's a shame that Earth 0 Wonder Woman isn't tied to World War II as she and Gundra could have fought then and after Diana helped the Allies win the war, Gundra could still be bitter about that to this day.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Huh. I thought that was what Cheetah was supposed to be. That would make her abilities clearer for other writers to use (I think Grant Morrison had her being the earthly representative of a fertility goddess...)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Gundra is pretty much that. She is the Princess of the Valkyries and during World War II, she was allied with Hitler and the Nazis in hopes of helping German to win the war. It's a shame that Earth 0 Wonder Woman isn't tied to World War II as she and Gundra could have fought then and after Diana helped the Allies win the war, Gundra could still be bitter about that to this day.
    If I have to be honest I'd rather void any Nazi associasions and just have Gundra be the Wonder Woman of the North (because I happen to live here). While I know Adolf & Co. had a thing for Norse myth, as they in comics would be real entities, you have to ask if they would actually support such an ideolofy (unless you turn them evil as well).

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Huh. I thought that was what Cheetah was supposed to be. That would make her abilities clearer for other writers to use (I think Grant Morrison had her being the earthly representative of a fertility goddess...)
    Perez sort of made her the representative of a plant-god whos' name no one can ever spell or prononce without help, but because she wasn't a virgin it became a curse rather than a blessing. But aside that it never made sense to me why a plant would use a cat as an avatar. But then again, I never got why basing a supervillain on the worlds biggest housecat was a good idea

If I have to be honest I'd rather void any Nazi associasions and just have Gundra be the Wonder Woman of the North (because I happen to live here). While I know Adolf & Co. had a thing for Norse myth, as they in comics would be real entities, you have to ask if they would actually support such an ideolofy (unless you turn them evil as well).
    Well given what the Olympians are like in the N52 it's not a stretch at all to assume at least some of the Norse pantheon would be willing to support Adolf and Co ... if for no other reason than pure boredom.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Crap, I forgot all about that. Thanks for reminding me. Now I remember why seeing her easily swat him aside in JL #13 was so satisfying. That, plus having her work for Circe in that comic doesn't make sense considering she wasn't Circe's biggest fan after the latter tried to forcefully enslave her during the Perez years, and aided Sebastian Ballesteros in stealing the Cheetah power and leaving her for dead. But Heinberg was writing and she had stupid pants and pet attack cheetahs now, so that was the least of her problems. I really hate that run.

Your other point about Urzkartaga is good too, I never liked how he was an abusive houseplant. The Perez origin was so hardcore except for that detail. Even making him a general primal god of the jungle and replacing the plant with a creepy looking effigy (like the Pazuzu statue from "the Exorcist") would have gone a long way towards solving that problem.

Gundra as a champion from a rival pantheon practically writes itself. Amazons vs. Valkyries is the most metal thing this comic could do, but they'd rather give us Adventures in Divine Babysitting instead.

Heinberg's run doesn't bother me as much as the crap runs that came after him. Yeah it didn't make sense that Cheetah was working for Circe, but Heinberg's run was a lot more fun to read than Odyssey or the majority of Simone's run or anything in between Simone and Heinberg.

Amazons vs. Valkyries would be amazing. I would love if Gundra was Diana's rival rather than flat-out enemy. Her Nazi roots are bit bleh, too.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Heinberg's run doesn't bother me as much as the crap runs that came after him. Yeah it didn't make sense that Cheetah was working for Circe, but Heinberg's run was a lot more fun to read than Odyssey or the majority of Simone's run or anything in between Simone and Heinberg.

Amazons vs. Valkyries would be amazing. I would love if Gundra was Diana's rival rather than flat-out enemy. Her Nazi roots are bit bleh, too.

Picoult's run was quite boring and that Amazons Attack garbage is only 2nd to Azzarello in terms of horrific.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Well given what the Olympians are like in the N52 it's not a stretch at all to assume at least some of the Norse pantheon would be willing to support Adolf and Co ... if for no other reason than pure boredom.
    Well just in regards to the Olympians, it's more natural to them since even the Greeks painted them as a bunch horrible douchebags if rubbed the wrong way. Like if you either insulted one of them or claimed to better than them in someway, it was the belief they would personally come down and sort you out. The Norse on the other hand... well you had to do it to their faces to get that kind of response.

But support out of boredom, spiritual gain, or simply Gundra being a rogue/exiled Valkyrie, could be serviceable.

Crap, I forgot all about that. Thanks for reminding me. Now I remember why seeing her easily swat him aside in JL #13 was so satisfying. That, plus having her work for Circe in that comic doesn't make sense considering she wasn't Circe's biggest fan after the latter tried to forcefully enslave her during the Perez years, and aided Sebastian Ballesteros in stealing the Cheetah power and leaving her for dead. But Heinberg was writing and she had stupid pants and pet attack cheetahs now, so that was the least of her problems. I really hate that run.
    There might have been some pece pipe smoking we didn't see, since I recall Circe also going through the whole 'Donna Milton'-phase and was the one that ended up getting rid of herself and the two cat-demons so Diana and Artemis could deal with the White Magician.

Your other point about Urzkartaga is good too, I never liked how he was an abusive houseplant. The Perez origin was so hardcore except for that detail. Even making him a general primal god of the jungle and replacing the plant with a creepy looking effigy (like the Pazuzu statue from "the Exorcist") would have gone a long way towards solving that problem.
    That it would.
    Actually, doesn't it wonder anyone why Diana never tried confronting the evil weed to relieve Cheetha of her torment? While Swamp Thing might have been out of the question in the post-Crisis world, he wasn't the only entitiy she could have gone to.

Gundra as a champion from a rival pantheon practically writes itself. Amazons vs. Valkyries is the most metal thing this comic could do, but they'd rather give us Adventures in Divine Babysitting instead.
    Main challenge there is to not make it looke like the relationship between Marvel's Olympians and Asgardians. But yes, that would be an awesome setup.