Default Lobo #3 discussion

A bit late but who cares, spoilers incoming

Some backstory on Czarnia, emperor is performing some ritual while bunch of rebels attempt to assasinate him. Lobo with some guards is protecting emperor.
    Emperor gets shot thru the face, but recovers in seconds due to performed rituals, I guess this is supposed to be the roots of Lobo's immortality?
    Lobo and team are taking down some other aliens in some spaceship. Their leader is phase-shifter and Lobo manages to get his hand stuck in the wall.
    How he gets away from that? He simply cuts of his hand and is very pissed about it.
    Anyway, this aliens plan is phase-shift entire planet, then shift it slightly and unphase causing massive destruction.
    Lobo continues "fighting" with this alien but it doesn't work out too well for him. Alien notices that Lobo's team are screwing up with his tech in an attempt to disable him from the control room of the ship and he phases to them.
    Man and Woman get beaten up while computer genius girl manages to shut him down just in time.
    Lobo returns too and mocks him saying how during the fight he was just transmitting data to his team to figure out how to shut him down. Eventually he get killed, four more assasins to go.
    They make some short detective work and find some leads on next assasin. Problem? He is in metropolis so Superman might get in the way according to Lobo's team, but Lobo is like "who is he?".

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    A bit late but who cares, spoilers incoming

Some backstory on Czarnia, emperor is performing some ritual while bunch of rebels attempt to assasinate him. Lobo with some guards is protecting emperor.
    Emperor gets shot thru the face, but recovers in seconds due to performed rituals, I guess this is supposed to be the roots of Lobo's immortality?
    Lobo and team are taking down some other aliens in some spaceship. Their leader is phase-shifter and Lobo manages to get his hand stuck in the wall.
    How he gets away from that? He simply cuts of his hand and is very pissed about it.
    Anyway, this aliens plan is phase-shift entire planet, then shift it slightly and unphase causing massive destruction.
    Lobo continues "fighting" with this alien but it doesn't work out too well for him. Alien notices that Lobo's team are screwing up with his tech in an attempt to disable him from the control room of the ship and he phases to them.
    Man and Woman get beaten up while computer genius girl manages to shut him down just in time.
    Lobo returns too and mocks him saying how during the fight he was just transmitting data to his team to figure out how to shut him down. Eventually he get killed, four more assasins to go.
    They make some short detective work and find some leads on next assasin. Problem? He is in metropolis so Superman might get in the way according to Lobo's team, but Lobo is like "who is he?".
    HOLEEE K-RAAAAA-PP!

This New Lobo never ceases to amaze me!

I'm definitely sticking with THIS one.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I really like Lobo, and I like how Bunn managed to have an all action issue that did so well in justifying the new characters.

I'm guessing that ceremony at the beginning was the set up for his healing factor?

There's something that occured to me a day or two ago . . .

Could Emperor Callius-Wrell have become the Imposter Lobo?

BANNED

Another good issue. I just don't care for the team he's running with.

Haven't seen this issue yet but I am willing to follow this title till the next ish when he fights the GUESTSTAR!!!!!! And depending on what happens in that will make the decider for whether or not I keep or drop this title.

Still a bit unsure how to rate this title ... sometimes it displays a lot of potential, other times it's a bit underwhelming ... the art is fantastic and it's intriguing to learn about this new interpretation of Lobo. Like the first 2 issues, I'd give this a 3 out of 5 ... I'll stick with the book for now and see what happens next

BTW it was great to see Lobo wielding hooks again! (much more befitting than swords IMO)
    Last edited by friendly-fire-press; 12-07-2014 at 10:58 PM.