Page 105 of 176 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2628

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly forget Gargan was Venom. I mean, if you think of Gargan, you think of Scorpion, not Venom.
    I mean, it could work, 'cause when you think of Flash, you can think of him as Venom too, instead of just as Peter's high school bully, but Gargan as Venom didn't do anything interesting, then Carol just ripped the symbiote out of him somehow and now we kinda forget that he was another Venom between Eddie and Flash (And we had like what, 3 of them? Did we get more than one She-Venom?), since, again, he didn't amount to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, it could work, 'cause when you think of Flash, you can think of him as Venom too, instead of just as Peter's high school bully, but Gargan as Venom didn't do anything interesting, then Carol just ripped the symbiote out of him somehow and now we kinda forget that he was another Venom between Eddie and Flash (And we had like what, 3 of them? Did we get more than one She-Venom?), since, again, he didn't amount to much.
    He...killed a bunch of hookers? I think? That's the only thing I remember about him. Well, he was the first Venom on the Thunderbolts.

He...killed a bunch of hookers? I think? That's the only thing I remember about him. Well, he was the first Venom on the Thunderbolts.
    I think there was the whole thing about how he's so, "Flanderized" about the symbiote's worst traits, so they made him into a cannibal like he's Ultimate Venom... At least I think that happened, maybe I should check it out, who knows, maybe he did do one cool thing instead of being just forgettable lol.

Here are some of my thoughts on Spiderman

Clone Saga was one of the more fun stories I have read. But I am a bit disappointed because it really could have been a much bigger impact on Peters life right from the start. Like in Amazing Spiderman 149 When peter has to fight his clone. That is a total mind **** to learn that a man you thought of as a mentor is really a crazed super villain who not only cloned the love of your life but cloned you as well and made you fight the clone to the death and then Peter had to get rid of the clone's body throwing him into a smoke stack.

I know it was the era it was written but Spiderman could have really taken a dark turn right then.

Kaine Parker in the Scarlett Spider series back in what 2012 was the best satellite Spider book ever!

Blackie Drago was a great Vulture

Sandman was better as a Fantastic Four villain.

Not really a hot take but Spiderman should never have been or should be part of the Avengers again. On a street level team maybe?
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-19-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Marvel's Spider-Man is an okay Spider-Man cartoon and to some extent more consistent than Ultimate Spider-Man but has a bunch of glaring issues in terms of developing its plot, characters, and its treatment of the titular character. It had the potential to be a lot more than it ultimately was. Also, the production values were very poor.

And Robbie Daymond was criminally wasted.

BANNED

Marvel's Spider-Man is an okay Spider-Man cartoon and to some extent more consistent than Ultimate Spider-Man but has a bunch of glaring issues in terms of developing its plot, characters, and its treatment of the titular character. It had the potential to be a lot more than it ultimately was. Also, the production values were very poor.

And Robbie Daymond was criminally wasted.
    This is controversial?

I mean it's a consensus take isn't it, less insufferable than USM but not really great is the across-board view on it last I scouted.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This is controversial?

I mean it's a consensus take isn't it, less insufferable than USM but not really great is the across-board view on it last I scouted.
    Well, assuming enough people even watched and cared about the show enough for there to be a consensus...

Although people talk about how it's fine to have all these Spider characters around and then I watch that show and I think...definitely not together.

I honestly forget Gargan was Venom. I mean, if you think of Gargan, you think of Scorpion, not Venom.
    Also... he was... just Venom only slightly crazier... and not.... interesting. Yeah in Dark Reign Norman's Avengers had GARGAN as Venom on their team. It just wasn't interesting. Now,..... if it'd been ... well... giving Scorpion the symbiote? oooh boy.... Scorpion-Venom would be neat, but no. It was Gargan with NO Scorpion powers...

Extraordinary Member

Well, assuming enough people even watched and cared about the show enough for there to be a consensus...

Although people talk about how it's fine to have all these Spider characters around and then I watch that show and I think...definitely not together.
    Facts, I've sat through it and it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Facts, I've sat through it and it's not worth it.
    Did you watch the entire series?

Don't Disney's Spider-Man cartoons have really high ratings?

Extraordinary Member

Did you watch the entire series?
    I did, although I skipped through some eps and fast-forwarded in others.It's been a hot while though, and I tried to rewatch it and gave up in 5 mins.
    I did love MJ, since I feel the classic era MJ is something we won't ever get adapted this worked as a great modern MJ, specially compared to MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also... he was... just Venom only slightly crazier... and not.... interesting. Yeah in Dark Reign Norman's Avengers had GARGAN as Venom on their team. It just wasn't interesting. Now,..... if it'd been ... well... giving Scorpion the symbiote? oooh boy.... Scorpion-Venom would be neat, but no. It was Gargan with NO Scorpion powers...
    It took the crazy aspects of Venom, and ditched any of the good and interesting aspects Brock brought to the role.
    Heck, it didn't even have the interesting aspects Gargan has as a character.

He was just crazy eat-people guy.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    If he had the Scorpion powers, and did some stuff like making the symbiote simulate his tail, then at least his strength would be much higher and he could set himself apart looks-wise, but yeah, they really were lazy with this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It took the crazy aspects of Venom, and ditched any of the good and interesting aspects Brock brought to the role.
    Heck, it didn't even have the interesting aspects Gargan has as a character.

He was just crazy eat-people guy.
    Putting it like that, makes it sound like he was just another one of those lazy Ultimate adaptations of a character where only the worst traits are used for the sake of edginess, and he somehow ended up in 616 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Putting it like that, makes it sound like he was just another one of those lazy Ultimate adaptations of a character where only the worst traits are used for the sake of edginess, and he somehow ended up in 616 lol.
    Nailed it!!!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.