Page 109 of 176 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2628

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well I am several issues into Brand New Day. And I have to say I am having a blast. Mister Negative seems pretty cool. I am enjoying Reading Harry in Spiderman comics again. I get people hate it. But I enjoy it
    well.... Mr. Negative wasn't the reason for people hating it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    well.... Mr. Negative wasn't the reason for people hating it.
    Its not just him. I really like Charlie and Jackpot. I am enjoying Harry being back. And I kind of enjoyed seeing peter being the sleezy paparazzi. And I am glad he came around.

I know I bitched about Peter being stuck in teenage cant get his crap together mode but here in this story it makes sense. I mean his life was torn upside down (Though he doesnt know it) It kind of makes sense that Mephisto when saving his aunt and rewriting things would not give him a good life to go back to.

And it is a bit sad to see Mary Jane seeing Spiderman and knowing about thier past life. I mean she has to just from her comments. in another life, in another universe. She knows I think and it is sad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Its not just him. I really like Charlie and Jackpot. I am enjoying Harry being back. And I kind of enjoyed seeing peter being the sleezy paparazzi. And I am glad he came around.

I know I bitched about Peter being stuck in teenage cant get his crap together mode but here in this story it makes sense. I mean his life was torn upside down (Though he doesnt know it) It kind of makes sense that Mephisto when saving his aunt and rewriting things would not give him a good life to go back to.

And it is a bit sad to see Mary Jane seeing Spiderman and knowing about thier past life. I mean she has to just from her comments. in another life, in another universe. She knows I think and it is sad.
    They shouldn't have put her in a new relationship, specially w/ someone like Bobby Carr and the entire mystery gilrfriend angle.I know it's seems double standard-y but most fans will never ever accept MJ in a relationship w/ another person, Peter himself was a big leap,MJ is a giant no-no.They handled her so poorly in BND, it's disrespectful to fans and her character and the writers who built her.
    They even felt the need to show her explicitly having slept w/ him ,"private ceremony".I still remember how utterly disgusted I was, couldn't read the rest of the comic at that moment.Hopefully she doesn't remember OMD happening before, because otherwise her character is ruined.

I have no issue with her dating other people. She is not with Peter any more. So why cant she find Someone else. hell Peters dates a few women after OMD. Why cant she?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Is fine with MJ dating other people, but they should have give her better options. Both of then sucked.

Same with Peter's girlfriends frankly.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

I have no issue with her dating other people. She is not with Peter any more. So why cant she find Someone else. hell Peters dates a few women after OMD. Why cant she?
    Again I talking about them as characters, not real people.And they hint MJ knows about the deal, if Spencer confirms this then she's a horrible person for this...

And maybe find better people, and maybe wait for a second.Peter wasn't sleeping w/ someone instantly in BND, and definitely wasn't in a relationship IIRC.MJ was already thrown in one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is fine with MJ dating other people, but they should have give her better options. Both of then sucked.

Same with Peter's girlfriends frankly.
    Agreed.

But tbh they are characters, and Peter dating others is weird enough to accept.MJ wasn't the love interest, they could have boosted her acting thing etc. as they show in Spec. Spider-man that w/ no Spidey MJ is very succesful.But no, she basically a A-listers chick.It's disgusting how bad they did her in BND.

Again if they were real people then do whatever they want, but they are characters and MJ will never be accepted in another relationship by many/most.Characters like Black Cat and Carlie, sure but MJ kinda cemented herself as the Spider-couple.It's never gonna work, why do it in the first place.

Heck I'd say Peter should also not date others since the chances of that working aren't good w/ fans like Carlie or Mockingbird.But
    1)They did OMD to make HIM single, not MJ but Peter.
    2)ASM usually works better w/ a love interest and makes it easier for writers.
    3)He's the main character, it is what it is

So Peter's was unavoidable, MJ's is.And MJ being independent and successfull w/ no Spider-man problems would be a much better idea than what they did.

I still dont see the issue. She is an actress, pretty, and a fun out going person she is not going to be single for long. Yes I know they are not real people. But its a story and in the story it has been months since the deal. she is not a bad person for dating someone else because she remembers being married to Peter. They were not together because of the deal, she has a different life and wants to move on. Peter wasnt dating anyone at the time because they wrote him like his life is a mess. MJ seemed pretty on the ball.

People birched about MJ and Peter being together yet wont accept MJ with someone else. UGH!

Cant have MJ single forever. Yea the dude she was with sucked. it would have been cool to see her date someone better. Wasnt she with a fireman in Superior Spiderman or shortly after? That was pretty cool. She cant just be written as sitting around pinning for Peter every issue she was in after they are no longer together.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-25-2021 at 12:42 PM.

I still dont see the issue. She is an actress, pretty, and a fun out going person she is not going to be single for long. Yes I know they are not real people. But its a story and in the story it has been months since the deal. she is not a bad person for dating someone else because she remembers being married to Peter. They were not together because of the deal, she has a different life and wants to move on. Peter wasnt dating anyone at the time because they wrote him like his life is a mess. MJ seemed pretty on the ball.

People birched about MJ and Peter being together yet wont accept MJ with someone else. UGH!

Cant have MJ single forever. Yea the dude she was with sucked. it would have been cool to see her date someone better. Wasnt she with a fireman in Superior Spiderman or shortly after? That was pretty cool. She cant just be written as sitting around pinning for Peter every issue she was in after they are no longer together.
    Dude, how low are your standards?

Extraordinary Member

Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-25-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

"She is an actress, pretty, and a fun out going person she is not going to be single for long."

That's just her shell.You are demeaning her character and reducing her to s*x on a stick who can't go on without a man for long.MJ is so much more and deeper than this.

"She is not a bad person for dating someone else because she remembers being married to Peter"

Are... are you trolling?If not, I don't know what to say.
    I'll say this, Peter and MJ both said in the JMS era they would wait till the stars fall down for each other.That's peak Peter MJ.

"She has a different life and wants to move on."

That OOC af.She grew up and stopped being the girl who ran away from her problems.I.... have you read Pre-OMD MJ?

"People birched about MJ and Peter being together yet wont accept MJ with someone else. UGH!"

As they should.From what you've told me of MJ I don't think you get her character at all.Damn fans wanting characters to be written properly UGH!

"Cant have MJ single forever"

Forever?!She was thrown into the relationship from the get go LMFAO.

"Wasnt she with a fireman in Superior Spiderman or shortly after? That was pretty cool."

No it wasn't.Superior was literally the worst MJ written in comics.She couldn't tell what's wrong w/ Peter for so long(which she did in seconds Pre-OMD), she ditched him when he needed her most for herself(a complete opposite to her most famous and defining moment after Gwen's Death) and the fireman was a nobody with no character.

"She cant just be written as sitting around pinning for Peter every issue she was in after they are no longer together."

Bruh what?!She was in a relationship in BND from the get go, and you know people are happily single right?Why not have her focus on her own life and work.That would make sense and make her character better as well.

Literally everything you have said is opposite to what MJ is.Heck the moments you mention are an exact opposite to MJ's best moments and her fans deserved better.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-25-2021 at 01:40 PM.

I do keep in mind what we had before BND. Doesnt mean I have to just trash everything that came after. You dont like fine. your right to not like it. my right to say I am okay with it. The book yes is a Spiderman book but they have always focused on his friends and support cast. So that they are having some story lines with MJ does not bother me.

Im still enjoying the story and I enjoy seeing MH with other people and not glued to Peter's web every issue like we have gotten for so many years and with pretty much every version of them.

People take comics way to seriously lol.

Extraordinary Member

They can focus on MJ, heck I would love that.But everything they did and everything you pointed out to goes against the very grain of who MJ is as a character.

Your logic is faulty, instead of Peter she is now glued to some character no one cares for and that is written horribly.How is that better?

You're on a comic discussion site, and you can say I don't mind/like the versions but if you defend them then expect people to defend their versions.Also I've pointed out why all your points are faulty and the opposite of MJ's character.

Your views are not faulty. My views are not faulty. We just have too different thoughts on the story. I get you dont like it and I get why. I still enjoy it. Ive only seen MJ for a few issues here and in Superior Spiderman and the 2014 Amazing Spidrman run. I like her better without Peter.

They were a good couple for years. I did enjoy the marriage. But I am not going to let the fact that it ended and they are not together (At least in this story and the others I read) kill the enjoyment of those stories for me. I dont have the emotional attachment to MJ or really anyone else. I enjoy them but it doesnt kill it for me if they change. For better or worse.

Peter and MJ after 30 or 40 years got boring and it got played out. I enjoy reading something different. When I read the whole thing maybe I wont like it at the end. But right now I enjoy it.

Extraordinary Member

When the moments and stories are direct opposites to established characters moments then I'd say I have a strong argument for Not being faulty.Seriously it's like someone made a parody of her.

Even as a standalone character it's a bad story, w/ her character being tarnished it's horrible.

Yeah, but this is a discussion forum.I can agree w/ what you are saying now but you were justifying a lot of OOC and terrible stuff for MJ which isn't true.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    When the moments and stories are direct opposites to established characters moments then I'd say I have a strong argument for Not being faulty.Seriously it's like someone made a parody of her.

Even as a standalone character it's a bad story, w/ her character being tarnished it's horrible.

Yeah, but this is a discussion forum.I can agree w/ what you are saying now but you were justifying a lot of OOC and terrible stuff for MJ which isn't true.
    Why are you arguing with his opinion? You do know what thread you’re in, right?