Page 144 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2628
    Astonishing Member

The popularity of characters feels like congruence bias. If only pre-established characters get stories, then of course the best stories would ho to pre-established characters.

I really felt this in the PS4 game where Doc Ock felt extremely tacked onto the game despite it mostly focusing on Osborn and Mr. Negative.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The popularity of characters feels like congruence bias. If only pre-established characters get stories, then of course the best stories would ho to pre-established characters.

I really felt this in the PS4 game where Doc Ock felt extremely tacked onto the game despite it mostly focusing on Osborn and Mr. Negative.
    this is something I like about team books. You can have the star and several less well known characters.

Amazing Member

I would like to see an alternative Spiderman origin story get bitten by a spider and get super strength is not realistic i know that comics have so much fantasy but i would love to see a Spiderman more close to reality

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    I would like to see an alternative Spiderman origin story get bitten by a spider and get super strength is not realistic i know that comics have so much fantasy but i would love to see a Spiderman more close to reality
    Are you saying that you you want a comic where Spider-Man doesn’t get super strength from being bitten by a Spider?

That comic definitely exists.

This may already have been discussed (in a 100+ page thread that seems likely) but I think it's a travesty that Venom seems to have become a hero permanently.

I realise that this is hardly a new development, but it is a move that manages to not only fail to make sense from a storytelling perspective and also rob Spider-Man of one of his best villains.

It's true that lots of beloved Marvel heroes have been a villain at one stage or another, but Venom seems slightly different. He was a terrifying, psychopathic murderer who stalked Peter's family! I find it crazy that he has been so accepted as a hero, although it has admittedly taken a number of years to stick. I thought Agent Venom was a nice compromise, but I don't think that I will ever fully get on board with Eddie as a hero (although the last two Venom series' have both been really good).

I also think that he is sorely missed from Spider-Man's rogues gallery. Venom is by far and away Spider-Man's most successful 'dark mirror' style villain, and his first few appearances were brilliant (if slightly samey).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    This may already have been discussed (in a 100+ page thread that seems likely) but I think it's a travesty that Venom seems to have become a hero permanently.

I realise that this is hardly a new development, but it is a move that manages to not only fail to make sense from a storytelling perspective and also rob Spider-Man of one of his best villains.

It's true that lots of beloved Marvel heroes have been a villain at one stage or another, but Venom seems slightly different. He was a terrifying, psychopathic murderer who stalked Peter's family! I find it crazy that he has been so accepted as a hero, although it has admittedly taken a number of years to stick. I thought Agent Venom was a nice compromise, but I don't think that I will ever fully get on board with Eddie as a hero (although the last two Venom series' have both been really good).

I also think that he is sorely missed from Spider-Man's rogues gallery. Venom is by far and away Spider-Man's most successful 'dark mirror' style villain, and his first few appearances were brilliant (if slightly samey).
    I think your point about his appearances being samey is more or less why I’m happy he’s not a villain anymore.

I dont mind Venom being a good guy. To be honest he kind of hit his peak on stories as a bad guy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont mind Venom being a good guy. To be honest he kind of hit his peak on stories as a bad guy.
    Venom stopped being an effective bad guy when Carnage came out. He was now, at worst, the lesser of two evils. He was never the main bad guy. Most of the time he's an edgelord anti-hero.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I don't really understand this comment. Would people say that The Green Goblin reached his peak in the 70s? Or Doc Ock in the 60s? Should we give up on them as villains as a result?

His early appearances being samey was probably because they were all written by the same writer!

BANNED

Would people say that The Green Goblin reached his peak in the 70s?
    I would. He should never have been brought back.

I don't really understand this comment. Would people say that The Green Goblin reached his peak in the 70s? Or Doc Ock in the 60s? Should we give up on them as villains as a result?

His early appearances being samey was probably because they were all written by the same writer!
    Green Goblin yes. Doc Ock? Nah because at least his stores were a bit different at times. Not all the time but some times. I agree with Marhawkman. When Carnage came out the reason for Venom being a bad guy was gone. His stories all pretty much were "Hey lets stop Carnage but after we do Im back to hating you." Or "Oh no another random Symboite is here. Lets team up and stop them then I am back to hating you again."

With Carnage you had the crazy killer Symboite and he did a better job for awhile and even he got boring. Venom went from badass major threat to a "Oh its him again." in just a few years.

But that can also right now be said of Carnage and all the 500 Symbotes they seem to have around.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I would. He should never have been brought back.
    Nah, he was at his best in the 2000s when he wasn’t obsessed with Spider-Man. He was more competent that way. Doc Ock I could see dying.

Kraven was only interesting after he got resurrected. Electro, Shocker and Hydro-Man are mostly used as thugs, so they’re not threatening anymore.

After reading the latest Miles What If and the last Miles comic book i come to the realization that he should have been left in the Ultimate Universe and not brought into 616.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    After reading the latest Miles What If and the last Miles comic book i come to the realization that he should have been left in the Ultimate Universe and not brought into 616.
    If he stayed in the Ultimate Universe, he would’ve been canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Nah, he was at his best in the 2000s when he wasn’t obsessed with Spider-Man. He was more competent that way. Doc Ock I could see dying.

Kraven was only interesting after he got resurrected. Electro, Shocker and Hydro-Man are mostly used as thugs, so they’re not threatening anymore.
    Norman wasn't more competent in the 2000s. This was the era where he got exposed as the Green Goblin and most of his accomplishments were through luck more than anything else. It was repeatedly emphasized that he was biting off more than he could chew and even other characters pointed out that it was only a matter of time before everything blew up in his face. All of it capped off with Peter punching him in the face while he was suffering a mental breakdown.