Page 71 of 176 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2628
    Mighty Member

Spider-verse was a cool concept, but poor execution. It seemed Slott wasn't interested in writing it as he just put footnotes to Tie-ins as opposed to telling his own story.
    After reading it, I thought "this would be a good film or game".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Really?, wow i don't remember Spider-Verse being that like back in the day, especially with how infamous is that volume, most of the time i see people complaining about the wasted potential, Spock, Peter's charactherization and Silk.
    Vol. 3 stunk for those reasons. Stayed with it till the end hoping it would get better. It didn't. I dropped the book a few issues into Vol. 4. For a while I used to think Vol. 4 was worse but now I'm not sure. It might well be Vol. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Spider-verse was a cool concept, but poor execution. It seemed Slott wasn't interested in writing it as he just put footnotes to Tie-ins as opposed to telling his own story.
    Well, it was inspired by Shattered Dimensions (which Slott worked on) and did work out for Miles on the movie side, but they cut out a lot of the more "out there" stuff like most of the other Spiders and the Inheritors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Hey man, i do like it, i even like the sequel that pretty much everyone ignores, i'm just saying that i can see why some wouldn't.
    I completely get that. Personally, it doesn't make my top ten of the last decade either (it's fine.) I'm just noting that some people have really rated it highly.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I completely get that. Personally, it doesn't make my top ten of the last decade either (it's fine.) I'm just noting that some people have really rated it highly.
    Lol, i just realized that that you were talking about Spider-Verse instead of Death of Jean DeWolf, my back there lol. I don't hate that story but definetly isn't among my favorites.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I remember people being excited for spider-verse, because all of different spiders. Then I remember people being angry, because Slott killed a lot of Spiders.

Lol, I still consider the one from 90s cartoon to be alive and not dead ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I remember people being excited for spider-verse, because all of different spiders. Then I remember people being angry, because Slott killed a lot of Spiders.

Frankly, I don't consider any of those death's to count.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    With the way the comic was made, it'd work way better as a game, even if the only "Bosses" would be Morlums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post

Not hard to consider that because Slott got the Earth numbers wrong lol.

your favorite spider-man got brutally murdered, own it
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's kinda funny.

I should say that I really liked Return of the Sin-Eater.

I am indifferent to Spider-Geddon.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't see how Peter was the bully in that case. Fisk had his aunt shot and didn't even need to leave prison for it to happen. Peter wasn't a bully in that scenario, he was a victim getting payback. Perhaps not the most noble of motivations but far from a bully.
    It sort of reminded me of Superman killing Luthor, so that's kind of why it bothered me.

Astonishing Member

I find it funny how people like to forget that while Aunt May is Peter's last living relative, Peter is often treated as Aunt May's last living relative (I'm not counting her long lost relatives since we never saw them again).

I'm talking to you, Jman27.

Astonishing Member

Reading Spencer makes me feel like I'm watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged. (That's not a good thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I find it funny how people like to forget that while Aunt May is Peter's last living relative, Peter is often treated as Aunt May's last living relative (I'm not counting her long lost relatives since we never saw them again).

I'm talking to you, Jman27.
    I don't get your callout
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy