Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porker View Post
4.) I think we have a misunderstanding about the word "underdog" here. I talked about this with a friend, because this topic wouldn't let me go and she told me that what I mean is another type of "underdog" than that one that most people think of.
In my understanding an underdog is someone who is a victim of social or political injustice or a person in adversity or in a position of inferiority (x) and when I read that I automatically think of people who are not heterosexual.
Peter Parker is an underdog because he was smaller, weaker, and more timid then his classmates. I don't think that sexual orientation automatically dictates that you are an underdog.

Again, it would be really interesting if you could provide examples of Peter Parker being "supposedly straight". I have been reading Spider-Man comics since 1988 and maybe I have missed something.

The best part of Spider-Man is that when that mask is on anyone could be Spider-Man. I think Bendis wrote about that when he introduced Miles as Spider-Man. He could be black, white, straight, gay, or whatever you want to think.