Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176
Results 2,626 to 2,628 of 2628
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    So what, exactly, is the point of her being his classmate, other than to say she's his classmate? What is added if there's no actual connection there?

To me, it's just a lazy shorthand connection to give Peter and Cindy (and most importantly the reader) SOME bond to go forward from. But it ultimately means nothing but comes across as painfully contrived.

PS, I feel the same about Jessica Jones being Peter's classmate. Really not into that kind of unnecessary retcon that ultimately adds nothing of value.
    At this point I just headcanon that Mephisto made a deal with Cindy for power around the time of OMD. Then Mephisto altered history so that Cindy was bit.

Mephisto made the deal to both have Cindy serve as a possible love interest away from MJ and to put Peter's organic webs into.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    At this point I just headcanon that Mephisto made a deal with Cindy for power around the time of OMD. Then Mephisto altered history so that Cindy was bit.

Mephisto made the deal to both have Cindy serve as a possible love interest away from MJ and to put Peter's organic webs into.
    That legit made me lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    So what, exactly, is the point of her being his classmate, other than to say she's his classmate? What is added if there's no actual connection there?

To me, it's just a lazy shorthand connection to give Peter and Cindy (and most importantly the reader) SOME bond to go forward from. But it ultimately means nothing but comes across as painfully contrived.
    contrived? sure... but... it's the sort of contrived comics are famous for.

as for what's the point? that's like asking "why is this here?" the answer is often "why not?"