Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Cosmic View Post
I agree with you on Norman's return. The mastermind behind the Clone Saga should have been who editorial originally envisioned: Otto Octavius. It fit in with his previous role as The Master Planner and he was always more brilliant and cunning than Norman.

That said, bringing back Harry as the mastermind would have also worked for different reasons.
Interesting that you mention Otto was the original intended mastermind. In USM, he was the mastermind of all things clone. Maybe Bendis saw the potential that Marvel originally overlooked? I'd probably be happier if we had no Jackal character and instead had Ock filling that role.

Harry would not have worked for me, simply because he is not any good at science.

As for ASM2 being a "damned good movie," how do you get around the awful characterization and performance of Jamie Foxx as Electro and the soap operatic approach to Harry Osborn? That level of utter campy trash should have stayed dead the last time it reared its ugly head in "Punisher War Zone."
Nothing bothered me about Jamie Foxx as Electro. I have no idea what you are talking about. He was portrayed as a nerdy, creepy guy and then once he got powers alot of bottled up feelings came out and he changed. The character was not true to just about any comic book portrayal, but thats really my only minor complaint.

Harry Osborn's whole life in the comics is a soap opera. He's the whiniest guy Pete knows, easy! Not seeing the problem.