Page 73 of 176 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2628
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the michelinie run is so bad, this is not controversial because everyone agrees with me
    What’s bad about it? Just curious.

the michelinie run is so bad, this is not controversial because everyone agrees with me
    Sorry i disagreed, so that means that it's automatically controversial . Althought if i'm honest, that run definetly take a nosedive for me after the Carnage storyline.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    Venom in Spider-Man 3 is better than Venom in the Venom movie. Even more, I think Venom in Spider-Man 3 is a solid combo of Ultimate Venom and the 90s cartoon Venom. He needed more screen time, but Raimi's interpretation had plenty of merit and was a good evil foil for Peter.
    One interesting thing about the Raimi version is that the symbiotes mergin with the human body hench the sharp teeths on Eddie Brock and the claws being white/yellowis like human teeths or bones. To bad they never went through with the idea of the symbiote and Eddie Brock permenetly mergin into one being.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    What’s bad about it? Just curious.
    nothing happens except venom and venom sucks and so does carnage but the venom carnage story is good
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

nothing happens except venom and venom sucks and so does carnage but the venom carnage story is good
    The Ultimate Spiderslayer says hi.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The thing I like about the Michelinie run is that for the most part he kinda just steps back and lets the artists go wild, it's more like letting Todd McFarlane draw cool versions of pretty much every Spidey character from issue to issue, then the same happens with Larsen and Bagley. It's mostly kinda nonoffensive not-super-important stuff but it's fun identifiable Spider-Man and it looks rockin'. The Michelinie run has some of the best looking art from the book's history imo, saddled with McFarlane, Larsen, and Bagley.

I wish for SM3 they went all-in on the symbiote taking over Eddie as it pushes the movie's themes furthest, the novelization goes that route and there's props that exist of Eddie's skull merged with the symbiote where it looks like a demon skull and it's just rad. I get why they didn't go that route but it woulda been classic Raimi. I think the early Venom animatronic they shot some stuff with also was that 'completely taken over' version because like the fingernails on the symbiote have some red showing like it's literally just Eddie's skin now. Just love that idea for that movie where he just exists as a straight-up villain and antithesis to Peter giving up the suit.

Amazing Member

I don't know about everyone, but I definitely agree with you. In fact, whenever I think of his run I feel sick in my stomach, literaly. Hate his dialogue, hate his characterization, hate his ideas, hate his idiotic plot resolutions. The only thing I liked about his run was Bagley, with whom I was very into at the time, but I don't find it that good nowadays. The least I say about McFarlane and Larsen the better.

Aunt May needs to die, releasing Peter from "the promise of a grieving child" and just go hardcore on his villains.
    Also, Peter needs to remarry MJ and actually have a family again. Grow Peter past this mid-to-late-Twenties age bracket he's been stuck in since One More Day happened. Bring back adult Peter with adult problems!
    Feel free to evolve and move Peter onto other stages of life from time to time. Some of the best Spider-Man stories have revolved around later years of his life in alternate lifetimes, such as "Life Story" and "Reign".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Aunt May needs to die, releasing Peter from "the promise of a grieving child" and just go hardcore on his villains.
    Also, Peter needs to remarry MJ and actually have a family again. Grow Peter past this mid-to-late-Twenties age bracket he's been stuck in since One More Day happened. Bring back adult Peter with adult problems!
    Feel free to evolve and move Peter onto other stages of life from time to time. Some of the best Spider-Man stories have revolved around later years of his life in alternate lifetimes, such as "Life Story" and "Reign".
    That sounds like All-Star Batman and Robin. Not a fan.

Clone Saga should've been reversed in OMD/BND instead of Peter and MJ's marriage

Peter should never have been forgiven for striking MJ in both Clone Saga and Spider-Man 3 and thus, ruined the character for life for me. I don't like that people forgot about if, but still wanna give Hank Pym slack.

Norman Osbourne, Jackal, and Kraven should've stayed dead.

Miles Morales is a much better character than Peter and a breath of fresh air.

I was not a fan of the 90's Spidey cartoon.

Ben Reilley and any other clones should remain dead.

Venom is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    Venom in Spider-Man 3 is better than Venom in the Venom movie. Even more, I think Venom in Spider-Man 3 is a solid combo of Ultimate Venom and the 90s cartoon Venom. He needed more screen time, but Raimi's interpretation had plenty of merit and was a good evil foil for Peter.
    Well, evidently, Venom in his own movie can't really be an evil foil for Peter. I don't think a Venom like the one in Spider-Man 3 would have worked solo. He exists, like you said, as a direct villain and opposition for Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Clone Saga should've been reversed in OMD/BND instead of Peter and MJ's marriage

Peter should never have been forgiven for striking MJ in both Clone Saga and Spider-Man 3 and thus, ruined the character for life for me. I don't like that people forgot about if, but still wanna give Hank Pym slack.

Norman Osbourne, Jackal, and Kraven should've stayed dead.

Miles Morales is a much better character than Peter and a breath of fresh air.

I was not a fan of the 90's Spidey cartoon.

Ben Reilley and any other clones should remain dead.

Venom is overrated.
    In Spider-Man 3, Peter wasn't in control of himself when he struck MJ and even then both times were an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In Spider-Man 3, Peter wasn't in control of himself when he struck MJ and even then both times were an accident.
    Right? I love how some people's opinions paint Peter as some kind of monstrous serial-abuser, worse than Hitler. Character assassination at its finest.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post

That's kinda tru they still treat Pym as an abuser in comics think the last time they brought it up was during Secret Empire issue 4 which is also written by Spencer. Well Hank Pym isnt Peter so of course his incident will be treated differently
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Right? I love how some people's opinions paint Peter as some kind of monstrous serial-abuser, worse than Hitler. Character assassination at its finest.
    The same could be said about a lot of characters.