Page 131 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2628
    Astonishing Member

JJJ always seemed to be center-right to me.

I’d say Andrew and Toby were both equally great as Peter.

I secretly prefer John Bryne's blue and white redesign for Electro over the original Ditko design. I also like that the "starfish mask" on his face was a product of his electricity powers, similar to what was done with MCU Electro's makeover in "No Way Home."
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I secretly prefer John Bryne's blue and white redesign for Electro over the original Ditko design. I also like that the "starfish mask" on his face was a product of his electricity powers, similar to what was done with MCU Electro's makeover in "No Way Home."
    Despite my general disdain for almost everything Byrne did in relation to Spidey (he’s up there with Dan Slott), the Electro costume wasn’t bad… perhaps because if there wasn’t intense nostalgia attached to his Ditko costume, we’d realize that one is even worse.

I feel like Bryne did that Electro design solely based on the plot point from ASM#9 that JJJ tries to pass Electro and Spidey off as the same person and he made a costume that looked slightly more like Spider-Man lol. I didn't hate it either, though.

The Ditko costume is memorable. The Byrne costume looks really generic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You didn’t say which was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's why I posted it in the "controversial Spider-man opinions thread."

But the idea was that the actual electricity would be sparking around his body almost constantly thus filling in for the fabric lightning bolt designs on the Ditko costume. Like how they made Jamie Foxx look more like the classic Electro in "No Way Home," by having the sparks on his face in a similar pattern to the "starfish" mask. Personally, I thought Electro looked pretty cool when Romita Jr. illustrated him in that story where Venom was hunting the Sinister Six.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

While the stories weren't really great, I think the Mackie/Bryne/JRJR reboot era visually are some great looking Spidey comics.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Despite my general disdain for almost everything Byrne did in relation to Spidey (he’s up there with Dan Slott), the Electro costume wasn’t bad… perhaps because if there wasn’t intense nostalgia attached to his Ditko costume, we’d realize that one is even worse.
    Byrne's Electro is boring, while Ditko's is goofy, and considering how much of a joke Electro is, very fitting for him.

I guess if Electro were to become a more serious character he could wear something like Byrne's, but I still would prefer something else because that costume is just, eh.... Doesn't even have anything in its design that indicates he has electric powers, any super-whatever could wear it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

electro.jpg

I've always liked Electro's Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 costume. It feels like a compromise between silly and serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Byrne's Electro is boring, while Ditko's is goofy, and considering how much of a joke Electro is, very fitting for him.

I guess if Electro were to become a more serious character he could wear something like Byrne's, but I still would prefer something else because that costume is just, eh.... Doesn't even have anything in its design that indicates he has electric powers, any super-whatever could wear it lol.
    Electro has a personality?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    electro.jpg

I've always liked Electro's Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 costume. It feels like a compromise between silly and serious.
    Would be funny if the electric parts of his mask got up at random to look goofy again lol.

Electro has a personality?
    Overconfident, short sighted, villain and stupid are the usual traits, though even with this basic stuff I doubt he's that consistent anyways.

If he were to smarten up and become an actual threat, then maybe a costume change should happen to reflect that, but again, I don't see Byrne's design as a good replacement for that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Iron Man should have pushed Peter away permanently because of Civil War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Iron Man should have pushed Peter away permanently because of Civil War.
    You mean because he was so mad about the betrayal? Didn’t he forget most of it?

The homemade spidey suit from Homecoming is superior to every other Spider-Man costume ever shown in the comics or movies.