Page 130 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2628
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Which is how it should be.
    That feels like a “Ship of Theseus” to me. It shows that characters that we call “classic” really aren’t important because of how easily they can be changed or replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, but the idea of it being the full memory just from one cell used in cloning though?
    Maybe Marvel humans are basically super computers where every cell has full memory of everything.

Now for that to make sense, you just have to ignore how stuff like amnesia is still a thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Using Stan when you're talking abut Marvel isn't really the insult you seem to be going for.
    What about "normie"? .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Using Stan when you're talking abut Marvel isn't really the insult you seem to be going for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What about "normie"? .
    There's definitely a joke in here somewhere about the Osborn kids.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Maybe Marvel humans are basically super computers where every cell has full memory of everything.

Now for that to make sense, you just have to ignore how stuff like amnesia is still a thing .
    Well, I rewatched the ep and when Dr. Moon cloned Pete... we see find out that the reason the clones are "evil" is they really don't have the personality of the original at all. but they have at least most of the memories.

There's a scene where the clones of Moon and Pete are looking around in Pete's apartment. Clone!Pete knows where almost everything in Pete's apartment is, even where his costume is hidden. But Clone!Pete doesn't remember why Pete's Spider-belt is not there, or even if Pete only has one, which is what Clone!Moon concluded. Also, clone!Pete does a monologue about how the apartment feels alien to him and how he doesn't understand why Pete chose to live there. He remembers how to get in, even knew where the building maintenance guy had a spare key, and doesn't know why Pete lived there.

Also, there's a short scene where Clone!Moon asks Clone!Pete how much he remembers about Pete's life. It's clear that the cloning process really doesn't just give him everything. A lot of stuff, but not all of it. Also... I have absolutely no idea how the clones have any memories at all. It's not even talked about. They DO, but it's never said why.

Gwen *would* sleep with Norman Osborn if he looked like Williem Dafoe.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Lol. I wouldn't blame her.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    There's definitely a joke in here somewhere about the Osborn kids.
    I thought the joke was obvious enough lol.

Well, I rewatched the ep and when Dr. Moon cloned Pete... we see find out that the reason the clones are "evil" is they really don't have the personality of the original at all. but they have at least most of the memories.

There's a scene where the clones of Moon and Pete are looking around in Pete's apartment. Clone!Pete knows where almost everything in Pete's apartment is, even where his costume is hidden. But Clone!Pete doesn't remember why Pete's Spider-belt is not there, or even if Pete only has one, which is what Clone!Moon concluded. Also, clone!Pete does a monologue about how the apartment feels alien to him and how he doesn't understand why Pete chose to live there. He remembers how to get in, even knew where the building maintenance guy had a spare key, and doesn't know why Pete lived there.

Also, there's a short scene where Clone!Moon asks Clone!Pete how much he remembers about Pete's life. It's clear that the cloning process really doesn't just give him everything. A lot of stuff, but not all of it. Also... I have absolutely no idea how the clones have any memories at all. It's not even talked about. They DO, but it's never said why.
    Interesting that Clone Peter has those differences, having the memories but not undestanding them, that is definitely something that should be considered with clones who have someone's memories too lol.

Also, just now I noticed this Dr. Moon has the same last name as Cindy, wonder if someone at Marvel will implement this guy in the comics just for the joke .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Who wouldn't?

Interesting that Clone Peter has those differences, having the memories but not undestanding them, that is definitely something that should be considered with clones who have someone's memories too lol.

Also, just now I noticed this Dr. Moon has the same last name as Cindy, wonder if someone at Marvel will implement this guy in the comics just for the joke .
    well, he's not Korean, but.... enh.... most people forget Cindy is Korean.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Let Morlun have a shot at being Spider-Man's "arch enemy!" Hear me out.

I think what makes Morlun very interesting is that originally he was just there to eat Spider-Man. Nothing more nothing less, there was nothing personal about it. However, after dying, Spider-Verse, and Spider-Geddon, the vampire clearly hates Spider-Man with every fiber of his being. His entire life has been lost thanks to spider people. Morlun is arguably the most physically powerful of the rogues gallery and could bring a level of revenge and menace almost unseen. Especially after he's killed Boomerang, Peter should have some more personal beef with him too. Just use this guy more, develop and explore his character more and don't just job him.

Or at least do a Kraven and Morlun story.. heck maybe Morlun could find another version of his family out in the multiverse as a potential motivation..

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Let Morlun have a shot at being Spider-Man's "arch enemy!" Hear me out.

I think what makes Morlun very interesting is that originally he was just there to eat Spider-Man. Nothing more nothing less, there was nothing personal about it. However, after dying, Spider-Verse, and Spider-Geddon, the vampire clearly hates Spider-Man with every fiber of his being. His entire life has been lost thanks to spider people. Morlun is arguably the most physically powerful of the rogues gallery and could bring a level of revenge and menace almost unseen. Especially after he's killed Boomerang, Peter should have some more personal beef with him too. Just use this guy more, develop and explore his character more and don't just job him.

Or at least do a Kraven and Morlun story.. heck maybe Morlun could find another version of his family out in the multiverse as a potential motivation..
    The problem is that hating Spider-Man is hardly unique to Morlun, and other villains have more interesting aspects than him.

Granted, Morlun could work as an enemy for other mystical animal characters like Tigra or Madame Webb.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It shows that characters that we call “classic” really aren’t important because of how easily they can be changed or replaced.
    They can't, though.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The problem is that hating Spider-Man is hardly unique to Morlun, and other villains have more interesting aspects than him.

Granted, Morlun could work as an enemy for other mystical animal characters like Tigra or Madame Webb.
    Yeah but Morlun originally didn't hate Spider-Man, it was just normal business for him and then he suffered a number of humiliating defeats and then lost his entire family due to the things he was trying to eat. I find the reason why more interesting, like he was never just a villain that Spider-Man stopped. He has no life, no current further desires outside of survival... all he has left is his hate for Spider-Man

well, he's not Korean, but.... enh.... most people forget Cindy is Korean.
    Ah, wasn't aware of his race lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Y'know, it could be interesting to see Morlun fight either Spider-Queen or pre-Daredevil Black Tarantula, 'cause those two are definitely above average when it comes to Spider-Powers, so maybe Morlun wouldn't overwhelm them as easily as he does with the rest.

Julia fighting Morlun could be fun too if she actually remembers that she can see the future and use that to strategize, 'cause the she conveniently was in a coma when Spider-Verse happened, so she wasn't involved with the conflict, and she wasn't in Spider-Geddon because the writers forgot about her, the closest thing to her fighting Morlun was when she fought Sin Eater powered by Morlun, and in that she defeated him by making a bet with Sin Eater stealing her powers.

But yeah, Morlun could fight other "Totems" once in a while, he fought Black Panther that one time in BP vol 5, but post Spider-Verse has him only caring about Spiders, so it's unlikely at this point he'll fight anyone else.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Yeah but Morlun originally didn't hate Spider-Man, it was just normal business for him and then he suffered a number of humiliating defeats and then lost his entire family due to the things he was trying to eat. I find the reason why more interesting, like he was never just a villain that Spider-Man stopped. He has no life, no current further desires outside of survival... all he has left is his hate for Spider-Man
    Even if that were to give an interesting dynamic between them, the problem is that Morlun is far above Spidey's level, he's the kind of villain who is very threatening and Spidey has to think more than usual outside the box to defeat him, so Morlun showing up too much would cheapen him even more, so I don't think an arch-nemesis would really work for him even if the dynamic could be cool.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 01-18-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Ah, wasn't aware of his race lol.
    They don't really SAY what ethnic background he has... but... the actor playing him looks like a Brit.

Spider-Man 3 was better than The Avengers.