Page 8 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    All-New Member The Amazing Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qrx2 View Post
    Marvel has pretty much said that's exactly why May will never die. They feel like she's a major factor in keeping his character from being aged too much.
    Yeah, I know. By the way, maybe I've lost count, but how long has he supposedly been Spider-Man in these past 50+ years of comics? I want to say somewhere around 8-10 years.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider-Man View Post
    Yeah, I know. By the way, maybe I've lost count, but how long has he supposedly been Spider-Man in these past 50+ years of comics? I want to say somewhere around 8-10 years.
    I think I read some where he's what 28? So if he got the powers when he was 16 that's 12 years. It's getting the point of where it's reverse dog years.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post

As of Superior, Norman seems to be more of a Stern-era Hobgoblin. It’s a little sad when he starts imitating his imitator.
    I'm still not convinced that that was the real Norman. That whole, "I changed my face so people wouldn't recognize me" thing just seemed like a weak, convenient out to me. It was also the biggest let down of the whole Superior run and really weakened the series' ending.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 05-21-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I'm still not convinced that that was the real Norman. That whole, "I changed my face so people wouldn't recognize me" thing just seemed like a weak, convenient out to me. It was also the biggest let down of the whole Superior run and really weakened the series' ending.

Controversial Opinion: The Goblin King would have been more interesting if it had been Liz manipulating everyone to ensure that Normie never wants for anything. That makes a lot more sense than her being in league with the man who ruined her ex-husband’s life.

Controversial Opinion: The Goblin King would have been more interesting if it had been Liz manipulating everyone to ensure that Normie never wants for anything. That makes a lot more sense than her being in league with the man who ruined her ex-husband’s life.
    I agree, and that's actually how I thought it was going to end, which would have been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider-Man View Post
    Didn't ASM #1 that came out recently put the events of AF #15 happening 13 years ago?

All-New Member The Amazing Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaltonL227 View Post
    Didn't ASM #1 that came out recently put the events of AF #15 happening 13 years ago?
    I have to re-read it then. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't have major issues with the post-OMD Black Cat. It's a major improvement over 1990s Black Cat, when she was essentially stalking the married Peter Parker.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't have major issues with the post-OMD Black Cat. It's a major improvement over 1990s Black Cat, when she was essentially stalking the married Peter Parker.

I just always found it odd when writers would portray MJ and Felicia as friends. You’d think they would hate each other.

I just always found it odd when writers would portray MJ and Felicia as friends. You’d think they would hate each other.
    I liked Millar's take on it that Felicia Hardy was smitten with Peter Parker, but was not going to act on it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    PAD's run on Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-man is possibly the worst Spider-man run ever. It is the weakest writing I have ever seen him do.

Also, Todd Nauck's art is indescribably bad. Not sure if that is controversial.

Harry should have come back a lot sooner. He should still be firmly in the supporting cast.

Europe isn't a safe-haven for recovering super-villains.

Peter being a part-time photographer in the OMD universe comes across as utterly pathetic and, coupled with the endless whining, made him really unlikable. It was fine when he didn't need money as MJ was raking it in, as it could be taken as a hobby.

I don't like Ultimate Spider-man. Any of it.

I hate writers relying on the "Parker luck" as a contrived plot device. It has gone from an occasional story filler to a full-blown excuse for Peter's inablility to grow up. I especially hate him being late because of this.

I hope Peter's new status quo of owner/opperator of his own company stays forever.

Peter should tell Sajani he is Spider-man to force writers not to use his being late due to Spider-man for arbitrary conflict. I would also like her as a love interest.

Actually, he should tell everyone he loves that he is Spider-man. There is simply no logical reason not to do so.

The worst ret-con from OMD is that Aunt May no longer knows Peter is Spider-man. I say this partly because we've all known since the 90s that sooner or later the marriage would go.

Peter and MJ forever! (this is only controversial to Marvel editors)

Phew, I feel better now.
    that was going to be my addition to this topic. Fnh spider-man was a waste.

Did spider-man and carol danvers ever hook up after siege. There were hints about it in the spider-man seige one shot but I don't think it ever happened.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Did spider-man and carol danvers ever hook up after siege. There were hints about it in the spider-man seige one shot but I don't think it ever happened.
    I think I remember they had a date that ended up just being a friendly hang-out more than anything else, other than that I don't recall anything remotely romantic going on at the time, could be wrong of course.

Gail Simone was asked about one of the controversial opinions here (Peter Porker's argument that Peter Parker should be bisexual.)

Her response...

Well, on the one hand, I don’t have any objections to almost any character coming out as bi or somewhere else on the spectrum, if it’s done well and respectfully, so my answer is always going to be, “let’s see the story, that’s what counts,” pretty much no matter who you ask this about.

The fan in me, the reader, that person wants there to be some grounding for it, wants it to make sense to me, as I would with ANY trait that is specifically added to the canon. If he’s never said he’s bi, never indicated it, then the story explaining it would have to take that into account, is all.

Some characters, the background work seems to allow for it very organically, others it would take some doing. All I ask is that it is done well and with respect to both the people represented and the character affected.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets