Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1392
  1. #1336
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Anyone who's been reading my posts should know my feelings by now about the Marvel timeline.

    Honestly, it's the fact that Spidey is such an old character that he acts like an old character despite his physical age. He's seen it all by this point.
    Agreed.He has seen it all and then some

  2. #1337
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    As cool as it is in the moment, it's pretty silly that now within the span of just a few years we've had 2 major Spider characters also get the enigma force (yet we had that Captain Universe Spidey in Spider-Verse die just to show us how impressively bad the villains were, and these other times we give the enigma force to other characters to mop the floor with the big bad villains). You get the enigma force, you get the enigma force!
    Enigma force and Thor's hammer (and the power cosmic)get passed around more than Wolverine gets on teams.i am glad we got Spider-man enigma force so early on before this trend started and thus that era remains timeless.Same for Cap and thor's hammer(although that was much closer to current era)

  3. #1338
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's hardly exclusive to Spider-Man. Marvel nowadays seems to be that RPG campaign where everyone starts metagaming.
    What's metagaming?

  4. #1339
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's metagaming?
    You know, the game behind the game. The players themselves.

    There's always that guy who talks about nothing but plot tropes and how to trigger and avoid them. It's as if the characters know that they're in an RPG.

    With a lot of modern comic books, it feels like a lot of characters know that they're in a comic book. Not to the level of Deadpool, but still.

  5. #1340
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,990

    Default

    I think Spider-Man should get sick from swinging and throw up in his mask more often.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

  6. #1341
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I think Spider-Man should get sick from swinging and throw up in his mask more often.
    Spider-man has a unparalleled sense of equilibrium.He doesn't loose balance or get sick from heights or standing upside down.Although mosr heroes specifically Daredevil because enhanced senses would do this

  7. #1342
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Does it annoy anyone that writers ignore Spider-fu and the utility belt.I dislike dan slott run with a passion but this was the one thing I liked.He has sonics and ice webbing and fire resistant webs and thats just the tip of the iceberg.Spider-fu also works in sync with Spider-sense which told him not only how to dodge and defend but how to perform the best offence.Writers need to bring these back.Please tweet this at Spencer

  8. #1343
    Peter Scott SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Does it annoy anyone that writers ignore Spider-fu and the utility belt.I dislike dan slott run with a passion but this was the one thing I liked.He has sonics and ice webbing and fire resistant webs and thats just the tip of the iceberg.Spider-fu also works in sync with Spider-sense which told him not only how to dodge and defend but how to perform the best offence.Writers need to bring these back.Please tweet this at Spencer
    Nah. I don't like everyone knowing martial arts in comics. Especially the characters with mid-high level superpowers.

    Writers overrate martial arts too much anyway, and I hate that. No, you don't suddenly get on the same level as a guy who can casually dodge bulllets because you know some Judo flips.

    Another argument that I also hate is that characters should be prepared to sefend themselves in case they lose thwir powers. That's like training yourself to fight blindfolded because there's chance you can lose your eyes. Or training to fight without a limb because there's a chance you can lose it. See how dumb that sounds?

  9. #1344
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Nah. I don't like everyone knowing martial arts in comics. Especially the characters with mid-high level superpowers.

    Writers overrate martial arts too much anyway, and I hate that. No, you don't suddenly get on the same level as a guy who can casually dodge bulllets because you know some Judo flips.

    Another argument that I also hate is that characters should be prepared to sefend themselves in case they lose thwir powers. That's like training yourself to fight blindfolded because there's chance you can lose your eyes. Or training to fight without a limb because there's a chance you can lose it. See how dumb that sounds?
    If you're going to be a dedicated superhero, you should be prepared.

    The Blindfolded argument also isn't really dumb since pretty much every paramilitary organization does that in case they become impaired.

  10. #1345
    Fantastic Member JTHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    As cool as it is in the moment, it's pretty silly that now within the span of just a few years we've had 2 major Spider characters also get the enigma force (yet we had that Captain Universe Spidey in Spider-Verse die just to show us how impressively bad the villains were, and these other times we give the enigma force to other characters to mop the floor with the big bad villains). You get the enigma force, you get the enigma force!
    Was it really that bad? I mean. It's not like they happened back-to-back and the circumstances were very different. Like, I get what you mean, but it's not like the Enigma Force has had huge prestige in Marvel before hand. And even then, it's not yet Mjolnir levels where everyone has had it.

  11. #1346
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Nah. I don't like everyone knowing martial arts in comics. Especially the characters with mid-high level superpowers.

    Writers overrate martial arts too much anyway, and I hate that. No, you don't suddenly get on the same level as a guy who can casually dodge bulllets because you know some Judo flips.

    Another argument that I also hate is that characters should be prepared to sefend themselves in case they lose thwir powers. That's like training yourself to fight blindfolded because there's chance you can lose your eyes. Or training to fight without a limb because there's a chance you can lose it. See how dumb that sounds?
    I would usually agree but Spider-man has been called rash and untrained for years and the story as to why he trains is great.He lost his Spider-sense and thus needed something else to keep up.Mostly characters who learn MA don't deserve it but Spider-man has more than earned that.Also he has chi training with captain america.
    Funny you bring the blind argument since Spider-man had daredevil teach him how to fight blind.(Spidey was temporarily blind due to an acid attack)

  12. #1347
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If you're going to be a dedicated superhero, you should be prepared.

    The Blindfolded argument also isn't really dumb since pretty much every paramilitary organization does that in case they become impaired.
    This.Specially when you so much field experience proper training helps you out that much more.And he already knows it,I just want to see him use it more and in tandem with the Spidey-sense.Also utility belt

  13. #1348
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Nah. I don't like everyone knowing martial arts in comics. Especially the characters with mid-high level superpowers.

    Writers overrate martial arts too much anyway, and I hate that. No, you don't suddenly get on the same level as a guy who can casually dodge bulllets because you know some Judo flips.

    Another argument that I also hate is that characters should be prepared to sefend themselves in case they lose thwir powers. That's like training yourself to fight blindfolded because there's chance you can lose your eyes. Or training to fight without a limb because there's a chance you can lose it. See how dumb that sounds?
    I don't think it's dumb when somebody either outright losing their powers or having them nullified in some capacity is a very real threat.

  14. #1349
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well he didn't anyone is secret wars.Spider-verse agreed.Spider-geddon was a big mess(giving him(and eddie for that matter) the enigma force is not a good idea as is but they way they do it was horrendeus).Also Peter has been through way more than miles.It's the same thing for our grandparents(when we were kids)like we may have seen more than when they were 17 but they have way more experience in total.
    yeah now but im talking about then at age 17.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  15. #1350
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah now but im talking about then at age 17.
    Then miles has been through more.Most of the newer generation has tbh.I see your point though.Mine was that even though miles may have seen more than 17 year Pete he still has a long way to go to reach the Pete we have now and can learn a lot more from him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •