Page 70 of 176 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2628

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-30-2020 at 02:09 AM.

Well, unless the Earth or universe was going to be destroyed, I don't see doing a Flashpoint as justified, fucking with the timeline is a huge deal.
    That's pretty much what happened, Darkseid really **** then over even after beating him Earth could not be saved. That whole movie is like Ultimatum but the heroes lose and much more people die.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'll concede to this but the worst I can say is that the writers were trying to drum up support for Gwen and went about in a slightly overzealous way. Which is still tame compared to how MJ fans reacted.
    Eh, not to beat a dead horse, but I've seen Gwen fans not only parrot this "MJ only loved Spider-man" nonsense, but refer to MJ as a damsel, a plot device, a sl*t, a b*tch, as a character whose only defining characteristics are her good looks, that she should have been killed instead of Gwen, that she should be killed and Gwen brought back, etc. It really just depends on what circles you hang around in, and since these boards tend to attract a comic book reading audience, they tend to skew pro-MJ.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 11-30-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Eh, not to beat a dead horse, but I've seen Gwen fans not only parrot this "MJ only loved Spider-man" nonsense, but refer to MJ as a damsel, a plot device, a sl*t, a b*tch, as a character whose only defining characteristics are her good looks, that she should have been killed instead of Gwen, that she should be killed and Gwen brought back, etc. It really just depends on what circles you hang around in, and since these boards tend to attract a comic book reading audience, they tend to skew pro-MJ.
    Even the current Ghost Spider/Gwen writer was dismissive of MJ when talking about her love of 616 Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even the current Ghost Spider/Gwen writer was dismissive of MJ when talking about her love of 616 Gwen.
    Can we get a reference to this? Was this something they said on social media or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Can we get a reference to this? Was this something they said on social media or no?
    It was in an interview.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Verse is very overrated.

Astonishing Member

The Death of Jean DeWolff is also very overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Spider-Verse is very overrated.
    The Death of Jean DeWolff is also very overrated.
    What reputation do these stories deserve and why?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Well, you could make the argument that they killed DeWolf a bit too soon and sadly most of her remplacements didn't work, the only one i can think off that i do like is Yuri in the PS4 game, wich is moot anyway because she is now a Punisher style vigilante.

As for Spider-Verse, i'm gonna assume that he is talking about the movie, because i have never seen the comic book version of Spider-Verse hightly rated at all. I supposed that like anything that is praised by fans is kind of oversold quality wise, things rarely are as good as some people said.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I've seen both make best of lists, more The Death of Jean DeWolff and disagree with their places. The former diluted Morlun with more like him, I'm no fan of Silk and what was done to Ben Reilly. As for the latter, PAD does little for me as a Spider-Man writer so that mostly explains why I think the way I do about TDOJDW.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, you could make the argument that they killed DeWolf a bit too soon and sadly most of her remplacements didn't work, the only one i can think off that i do like is Yuri in the PS4 game, wich is moot anyway because she is now a Punisher style vigilante.

As for Spider-Verse, i'm gonna assume that he is talking about the movie, because i have never seen the comic book version of Spider-Verse hightly rated at all. I supposed that like anything that is praised by fans is kind of oversold quality wise, things rarely are as good as some people said.
    I LOVE Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the 2018 movie. I think it's the best Spider-Man movie and one of the best CBM ever. You're right when people talk something up and go into finding its overhyped or worthy of the acclaim bestowed upon it. First-eVer the comic book event is the former, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is the latter.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 12-03-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

The comic version has been on some "Best of" lists.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2019/...-comics-marvel
    https://www.cbr.com/greatest-spider-man-stories/
    https://www.ign.com/articles/the-25-...er-man-stories
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Which is proof that you should never listen to "Best of" lists.

Hey man, i do like it, i even like the sequel that pretty much everyone ignores, i'm just saying that i can see why some wouldn't.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I've seen both make best of lists, more The Death of Jean DeWolff and disagree with their places. The former diluted Morlun with more like him, I'm no fan of Silk and what was done to Ben Reilly. As for the latter, PAD does little for me as a Spider-Man writer so that mostly explains why I think the way I do about TDOJDW.

I LOVE Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the 2018 movie. I think it's the best Spider-Man movie and one of the best CBM ever. You're right when people talk something up and go into finding its overhyped or worthy of the acclaim bestowed upon it. First-eVer the comic book event is the former, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is the latter.
    Really?, wow i don't remember Spider-Verse being that like back in the day, especially with how infamous is that volume, most of the time i see people complaining about the wasted potential, Spock, Peter's charactherization and Silk.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona