Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Okay?

Thought it worked in the context of itself, but fair enough if it wasn't your thing. (I guess for me, I appreciated that the series basically decided to focus on one relationship and develop that one in depth instead of dividing its time between multiple ones. There are ways to make the latter work and I do think part of the reason the 616 Peter/MJ relationship does work is that there is a degree of realism in that they weren't each other's first boyfriend/girlfriend and things kinda developed by chance over time. However, I do think Bendis did the childhood friends trope right and, since he was writing a high school-centric series which never really moved much past that, it was probably the right call for this take.)

(Guess I can add another controversial opinion, based on recent comments; I think the hostility to teenage Spidey is overdone, since I think that both teen and adulthood stories offer unique and good material that the other doesn't have.)
Is not that a think that Bendis did a bad job, is just not a direction that appealed to me, but i can see why others like it.

As for teen Spidey, there is nothing inherently wrong with him (my love for Spec Spidey is well known), but the way that Marvel has handle it from both cartoons and MCU, i had grown a bit sour regarding the concept.