Page 145 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2628
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If he stayed in the Ultimate Universe, he would’ve been canceled.
    Would he? Miles was headed towards mainstream exposure, the line I believe would have been sustained long enough for Into The Spider-Verse to hit had it continued.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-19-2022 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    After reading the latest Miles What If and the last Miles comic book i come to the realization that he should have been left in the Ultimate Universe and not brought into 616.
    Miles doesn't have enough of a character to stand along side the original Spider-man. The only thing he has going for him is being the rookie that takes over when the original Spider-man dies. If the original Spider-man is still around, there's no reason for him to exist.

After reading the latest Miles What If and the last Miles comic book i come to the realization that he should have been left in the Ultimate Universe and not brought into 616.
    If he had not been brought to the 616 then when the Ultimate line was cancelled how would he have been kept around? The Spiderverse events? Ok but then only a few issues then gone again. So how would a character benefit from staying in his own universe when for years that Universe was dead gone and not supported.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

With how decompressed comics are inside the big 2 maintaining a whole universe in a single monthly ongoing seems like a difficult task. Ultimate Spider-man would essentially be tasked with following up on other Ultimate Universe plot threads, like the progress of the New Fantastic 4, that whole Sentinel genocide/mutant reservation and then both the Old and All-New Ultimates. On-goings set in their own universe don't seem to do that well. It works for Radiant Black and Invincible because those universes essentially revolve around the main character. I don't think Ultimate line could be reduced down to a single book and still be satisfactory.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    With how decompressed comics are inside the big 2 maintaining a whole universe in a single monthly ongoing seems like a difficult task. Ultimate Spider-man would essentially be tasked with following up on other Ultimate Universe plot threads, like the progress of the New Fantastic 4, that whole Sentinel genocide/mutant reservation and then both the Old and All-New Ultimates. On-goings set in their own universe don't seem to do that well. It works for Radiant Black and Invincible because those universes essentially revolve around the main character. I don't think Ultimate line could be reduced down to a single book and still be satisfactory.
    Ultimate Spider-Man wouldn't be beholden to tying up loose ends from other comics. It could just be a Spider-Man comic.

Spectacular Member

I'm getting the impression that Spider-man fans want to kill everyone.
    Last edited by Tabs; 06-19-2022 at 02:53 PM.

And while I'm here, I don't really like the white suit look for Doc Ock. I just don't feel that it suits his character at all.

I don't really feel like he has a definitive look, which is odd for such an iconic villain. I instinctively think of him in his TAS body armour, but can concede that without the benefit of nostaligia it is an objectively ugly costume. I think on balance my favourite look is probably the life support suit from #600, which I'm guessing we won't be seeing again anytime soon.

I'm not sure I totally agree with this, but I do think it's very strange that such a popular character has an origin story that seems to be shrouded in mystery. I also think that his solo series was much higher quality when it was based in the Ultimate Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    And while I'm here, I don't really like the white suit look for Doc Ock. I just don't feel that it suits his character at all.

I don't really feel like he has a definitive look, which is odd for such an iconic villain. I instinctively think of him in his TAS body armour, but can concede that without the benefit of nostaligia it is an objectively ugly costume. I think on balance my favourite look is probably the life support suit from #600, which I'm guessing we won't be seeing again anytime soon.
    I dunno, I feel like the white suit... suits him pretty well lol. He thinks himself above the common costumed criminals so I think him dressing all classy makes sense. I never particularly cared for the most recognizable look- the green and yellow jumpsuit as drawn by most artists, if anything I prefer the early Ditko looks or the random '80s Web of appearances where he was wearing a labcoat. Labcoat suits him pretty well, something that mixes classiness with the science is a good place to hit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I dunno, I feel like the white suit... suits him pretty well lol. He thinks himself above the common costumed criminals so I think him dressing all classy makes sense. I never particularly cared for the most recognizable look- the green and yellow jumpsuit as drawn by most artists, if anything I prefer the early Ditko looks or the random '80s Web of appearances where he was wearing a labcoat. Labcoat suits him pretty well, something that mixes classiness with the science is a good place to hit for him.
    Yeah, White labcoat is a look they used a few times in the 90s cartoon. it worked quite well even if it was an alt-outfit he didn't normally wear. The green armor outfit was more common, but... well... makes sense too. the labcoat was his science time outfit, and the armor suit was for combat.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 06-20-2022 at 12:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Batman is weak for needing sidekicks to be able to handle threats that he previously was able to handle alone. That’s why it’s a good thing whenever DC marginalizes his supporting cast.

If you realize how stupid this line is, then you should realize that Spider-Man can work with a partner or sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Batman is weak for needing sidekicks to be able to handle threats that he previously was able to handle alone. That’s why it’s a good thing whenever DC marginalizes his supporting cast.

If you realize how stupid this line is, then you should realize that Spider-Man can work with a partner or sidekick.
    hmmm isn't "because Batman" adequate reason?

also MJ is best partner for Pete.

Amazing Member

Superior Spiderman should have been an Elseworld instead of a Canon 616 story

Fantastic Member

I could prefer if Ben Reilly being the original and was there way it could have worked with spider man going on ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    I could prefer if Ben Reilly being the original and was there way it could have worked with spider man going on ?
    I feel like it would’ve worked in the Ultimate Universe. They could say that it was Peter’s father who created the clone after the OG Peter apparently died or something.