Page 91 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2628

Idk how controversial this is, but I don't think there should be this many Spider-People in one universe. I liked it a lot better when Spider-Gwen had cool alternate takes of characters in her own dimension and Miles was his own Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe instead of just Spider-Man of Brooklyn. Then there's Ben and Kaine who I really like, but Idk what's really going on with them lately. Also is Otto still a weird clone Spider person?

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    Idk how controversial this is, but I don't think there should be this many Spider-People in one universe. I liked it a lot better when Spider-Gwen had cool alternate takes of characters in her own dimension and Miles was his own Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe instead of just Spider-Man of Brooklyn. Then there's Ben and Kaine who I really like, but Idk what's really going on with them lately. Also is Otto still a weird clone Spider person?
    No, Otto went back to being Doc Ock and recently resurfaced just in time for a major story arc starting in July.

I rarely ever like anybody drawing the defacto classic green and yellow jumpsuit Doc Ock costume. Especially guys like Bagley drawing it, just does not look good. Honestly I think my favorite depiction of the defacto Ock costume was Mark Buckingham's, or Steve Ditko's from the Master Planner story where it debuted. Other than that, I barely care for that costume. I like the 90s armani suit better, basically any time Ock isn't wearing an actual costume, he looks best when he doesn't dress like the common criminals he says he's above.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 04-22-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No, Otto went back to being Doc Ock and recently resurfaced just in time for a major story arc starting in July.
    Yeah I saw that, assumed it was some sort of clone situation. So what exactly happened to his fit Superior Octopus/Spider-Man body?

Extraordinary Member

Agreed.IMO Spider-man and madame web(Julia) are enough for the 616.Spider-woman isn't really a part of the family.Spider-gwen and miles need to go back.Anya is unnecesarry imo.

Yeah I saw that, assumed it was some sort of clone situation. So what exactly happened to his fit Superior Octopus/Spider-Man body?
    He made a deal with Mephisto and now he sorta doesn't really remember his time as Superior. Serious.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    He made a deal with Mephisto and now he sorta doesn't really remember his time as Superior. Serious.
    He also knows that something is missing from his memories and is searching for answers in the 2 pages in 64.Spencer is addressing this.

Incredible Member

Controversial?
    Hmm...
    IMO, more often than not, Peter Parker is the least interesting of the Spider-Men.
    Talking Miles, Kaine, Elliot (Otto), and by extension Brock and Thompson.
    (Ben is still more interesting conceptually, just hasn't had great stories in recent times).

Even though he looks like a 90s Power Ranger villain, the Green Gobin suit from the Raimi movies is my favorite one of his.

Also I prefer Agent Venom to Eddie Brock Venom.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Even though he looks like a 90s Power Ranger villain, the Green Gobin suit from the Raimi movies is my favorite one of his.
    Finally, a person of sophistication on these boards.

Been telling everyone who'd listen they should stop listening to nerdrage from early 2000s.

The suit rules!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Controversial?
    Hmm...
    IMO, more often than not, Peter Parker is the least interesting of the Spider-Men.
    (Ben is still more interesting conceptually, just hasn't had great stories in recent times).
    An unfortunate consequence of being the "normal" guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Nah, not enough color. Though he does remind me of Elgar now.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Finally, a person of sophistication on these boards.

Been telling everyone who'd listen they should stop listening to nerdrage from early 2000s.

The suit rules!!!
    I agree with both of ya. Always liked the SM1 Gobby suit, I love how green it is- cause if they did that exact suit today it'd be desaturated to heck, both him and Spidey stand out great together on screen there. There's actually some purple spraypainted highlighted on the suit that stand out when light hits it the right way. I know people are sad sometimes Dafoe didn't get to properly emote as the Goblin with the mask (the prosthetic animatronic mask people like to share around wouldn't have been any better in that regard) but I think he still brings it even with the mask the way it is, especially cool in those closeups where you can see him underneath giving it his all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I agree with both of ya. Always liked the SM1 Gobby suit, I love how green it is- cause if they did that exact suit today it'd be desaturated to heck, both him and Spidey stand out great together on screen there. There's actually some purple spraypainted highlighted on the suit that stand out when light hits it the right way. I know people are sad sometimes Dafoe didn't get to properly emote as the Goblin with the mask (the prosthetic animatronic mask people like to share around wouldn't have been any better in that regard) but I think he still brings it even with the mask the way it is, especially cool in those closeups where you can see him underneath giving it his all.
    I always felt that the Green Goblin was an example of a classic villain with a terrible costume, i.e. in the comics. I mean I never got the concept that someone who's a green goblin should have more purple than green visible. And it's weird that Norman would dress himself in a green body-suit and then put a purple tunic on top of that!!! Besides the fact that it resembles the Skrulls a little bit. The only adaptation that made the costume with that color scheme work was Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

I think the Skrulls in Captain Marvel in their green get-up, especially Ben Mendelsohn's look would be the model now, but then people would wonder why Norman modeled his look on the Skrulls!

I think the full body emerald green with golden yellow eyes was a great visual contrast to Spider-Man (because costumes in movies are not just about cosplay but also what it adds to the movie). The demonic helmet really works when it has to work, especially the scene with Aunt May.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Controversial?
    Hmm...
    Daddy Pete is best Pete. Obviously that requires Spider-babies to happen... and thus.... yes, that... all of that. I loved married Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I always felt that the Green Goblin was an example of a classic villain with a terrible costume, i.e. in the comics. I mean I never got the concept that someone who's a green goblin should have more purple than green visible. And it's weird that Norman would dress himself in a green body-suit and then put a purple tunic on top of that!!! Besides the fact that it resembles the Skrulls a little bit. The only adaptation that made the costume with that color scheme work was Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

I think the Skrulls in Captain Marvel in their green get-up, especially Ben Mendelsohn's look would be the model now, but then people would wonder why Norman modeled his look on the Skrulls!

I think the full body emerald green with golden yellow eyes was a great visual contrast to Spider-Man (because costumes in movies are not just about cosplay but also what it adds to the movie). The demonic helmet really works when it has to work, especially the scene with Aunt May.
    For sure. The perpetually grinning Goblin mask calling out to Norman just hits me right always. 10 years prior the Green Goblin's Last Stand fan film did the classic tunic Goblin costume, and I always will dig this cause it's fun seeing someone do that direct translation in live action- low budget charm and all. That mask they made has a static grinning expression similar to how the Raimi version would do it later, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylky5ITvZpk&

I quite liked the Humberto Ramos Green Goblin re-design he did for the Paul Jenkins story right when the movie came out, that was then used as the defacto Green Goblin look for most of the 2000s up to Brand New Day. It's funny seeing Ramos get to draw the classic Goblin costume in recent years, I don't think it's as good as his redesign. The Ramos design was a lot creepier (and greener!) than the classic costume with its disheveled layers. I honestly wish that one was still used today, but like Doc Ock we gotta return the villains to their factory setting visual after a little experimentation has worn off.

c639081cbbdd75e73e3b9227a55e3ac7--green-goblin-spider-man.jpg