Page 129 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2651

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well Muscle memory is physical conditioning, which also gets ignored as a whole, not just that one aspect.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-730911
    I bet it's been a long time since you've seen THAT Earth get referenced!.... wait.... that makes me old that I saw it doesn't it?
    At any rate Doctor Moon created https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Peter..._(Earth-730911)

Yeah, it's "not" the Jackal, but a similar character. Oh... it's been over 20 years since I saw it... I just read on the wiki something I'd forgotten, or maybe never saw that episode.... Dr. Moon made a decoy clone of himself... and it was the DECOY who cloned Spider-Man. Hunh, ok, that's a weird twist, I only hazily remembered. Not only did these clones have accelerated aging, but somehow were born evil. Also... I may have been wrong. they might have been born with the memories of the original.... but an evil personality. Not sure who came up with the mind control devices though. Or were those used to copy memories? Hard to remember, it's been so long....

Oh yeah, that reminds me... Nicholas Hammond, great Spider-Man! But he played the role almost 45 years ago.
    This sounds like a B-movie, I might watch this lol.

Yeah, the memory copying thing needs explained. I THINK Dr. Moon used a device that copied memories in real time when it did the transfer, so it was fresh and not an old copy. Hard to be 100% sure when the copies are always evil though. I vaguely recall a scene where the original9probably) Dr. moon waxed philosophical about not understanding why his cloning process didn't work right. A: evil, B: they deteriorated and died shortly after being made. The Dr. Moon and Spider-Man clones both died quite soon. I think Moon tested his procedure by cloning rabbits... which also died... somehow aging SLOWER than Humans created this way. I think the rabbits were also evil, but since they're rabbits it's hard to notice.
    I think since the clones all realized they were gonna die, they decided to be evil in their last hours, YOLO and all .

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think that the 2018 series making the Jackal an animal hybrid was a good idea since it always feels like a waste to just have them be a guy in a costume. I feel the same about how Rhino was handled as well.

Considering how Spider-Man’s origins are typically handled, it’s not even that hard to do.
    What series? Was it something outside of 616? I don't remember any story that made him into an animal hybrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

I was referring to the two cartoon series.

Not every character needs to or can have an iconic origin story.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-730911
    I bet it's been a long time since you've seen THAT Earth get referenced!.... wait.... that makes me old that I saw it doesn't it?
    At any rate Doctor Moon created https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Peter..._(Earth-730911)

Yeah, it's "not" the Jackal, but a similar character. Oh... it's been over 20 years since I saw it... I just read on the wiki something I'd forgotten, or maybe never saw that episode.... Dr. Moon made a decoy clone of himself... and it was the DECOY who cloned Spider-Man. Hunh, ok, that's a weird twist, I only hazily remembered. Not only did these clones have accelerated aging, but somehow were born evil. Also... I may have been wrong. they might have been born with the memories of the original.... but an evil personality. Not sure who came up with the mind control devices though. Or were those used to copy memories? Hard to remember, it's been so long....

Oh yeah, that reminds me... Nicholas Hammond, great Spider-Man! But he played the role almost 45 years ago.
    Yeah, the memory copying thing needs explained. I THINK Dr. Moon used a device that copied memories in real time when it did the transfer, so it was fresh and not an old copy. Hard to be 100% sure when the copies are always evil though. I vaguely recall a scene where the original9probably) Dr. moon waxed philosophical about not understanding why his cloning process didn't work right. A: evil, B: they deteriorated and died shortly after being made. The Dr. Moon and Spider-Man clones both died quite soon. I think Moon tested his procedure by cloning rabbits... which also died... somehow aging SLOWER than Humans created this way. I think the rabbits were also evil, but since they're rabbits it's hard to notice.
    ROFL.

I literally JUST watched that episode last week. They have them all on youtube and I'm having a blast going back and seeing them. Some for the first time... some for the first time in 30+ years And yeah... I currently think Hammond may be my favorite Peter Parker... He just did it sooooo well! Evil Peter was expecially well played.

As for memories... I think it boils down to what memories are? Where do they come from, where are they stored? Which to my knowledge science doesn't REALLY understand itself right now. If it has to do with the actual physical brain and the grey matter and the wrinkles on the brain or what not... and you copy everything exactly... then the memories should be there too. It's all wishy-washy science anyway, so a lot of leniancy is going to be required either way. But there are a LOT of shows out there where clones wake up with the memories intact and think they're the 'real deal'. So at this point it's a trope.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Not every character needs to or can have an iconic origin story.
    Most characters don't. They're just changed retroactively to make them more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    ROFL.

I literally JUST watched that episode last week. They have them all on youtube and I'm having a blast going back and seeing them. Some for the first time... some for the first time in 30+ years And yeah... I currently think Hammond may be my favorite Peter Parker... He just did it sooooo well! Evil Peter was expecially well played.

As for memories... I think it boils down to what memories are? Where do they come from, where are they stored? Which to my knowledge science doesn't REALLY understand itself right now. If it has to do with the actual physical brain and the grey matter and the wrinkles on the brain or what not... and you copy everything exactly... then the memories should be there too. It's all wishy-washy science anyway, so a lot of leniancy is going to be required either way. But there are a LOT of shows out there where clones wake up with the memories intact and think they're the 'real deal'. So at this point it's a trope.
    Yeah, but the idea of it being the full memory just from one cell used in cloning though?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    ROFL.

Ok, I just re-watched it.... Moon's process DIDN'T create a full copy of the mind of the person being copied. It's nearly perfect, nearly.... Also, the degeneration was apparently because it was SUPER fast grown via radiation infusion.

Also, the mind control pins were a completely different episode.

Ok, I just re-watched it.... Moon's process DIDN'T create a full copy of the mind of the person being copied. It's nearly perfect, nearly.... Also, the degeneration was apparently because it was SUPER fast grown via radiation infusion.

Also, the mind control pins were a completely different episode.
    Yeah, Mind control pins were in the pilot

Extraordinary Member

Even Carnage was one symbiote too many. The last Spider-Man cartoon was actually pretty good.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Even Carnage was one symbiote too many.
    Stuff like Carnage would be good if the didn’t keep on bloating it with new ideas. Have him be defeated permanently for once.

Stuff like Carnage would be good if the didn’t keep on bloating it with new ideas. Have him be defeated permanently for once.
    too many carnage stans out there for that. Not to mention stans for Riot, and, oh, I can't keep up with all the dozen or so rest of them (sheesh...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    too many carnage stans out there for that. Not to mention stans for Riot, and, oh, I can't keep up with all the dozen or so rest of them (sheesh...)
    And April.

Mighty Member

the movies did much for their popularity too. Same goes for the rest of spider-man's villain in the films and tv shows I wouldn't be surprised that green goblin showing up as the main villain of recent games will show on the day it happens.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 01-15-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Using Stan when you're talking abut Marvel isn't really the insult you seem to be going for.

Most characters don't. They're just changed retroactively to make them more epic.
    Which is how it should be.