Page 111 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2640

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m not sure about the man
    What’s so wrong with the man? Spawn is great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What’s so wrong with the man? Spawn is great.
    Ehhhhhh….

Well, I thought his writing on ‘Spider-Man’ was pretty bad. ‘Torment’ has beautiful art, but the actual plot and script is not great.

I haven’t read ‘Spawn’ in 25 years and I’m kinda shocked it’s still going actually. It was okay from what I remember, but had that very 1990s brand of edginess.

Ehhhhhh….

Well, I thought his writing on ‘Spider-Man’ was pretty bad. ‘Torment’ has beautiful art, but the actual plot and script is not great.

I haven’t read ‘Spawn’ in 25 years and I’m kinda shocked it’s still going actually. It was okay from what I remember, but had that very 1990s brand of edginess.
    I enjoy Spawn for its dumb shlockiness and glorious edgy art, that's what it's all about- it's not really ever been good in the general sense under Todd's writing but it's always been a fun book to flip through, scratch the edgy part of my brain and go "whoaaaa coooool." It has its place and still skates by big time on that interestingly. I enjoy Torment for its crazy creepy visual McFarlane feast, him going off the rails for really the first time in comics and got to do it with Spidey. As a story it doesn't make much sense but it looks cool!! Calypso was really memorable in that story thanks to McFarlane's creepy depiction of her. Monstrous Lizard is one of my favorite depictions of the character, it was something different than what came before with the character.

and what was wrong with it?

Astonishing Member

and what was wrong with it?
    I haven’t read it in over a decade and I’m not going to spend an hour or so rereading it just to give you a point-by-point rundown on why I thought it sucked. It just did imo. Fwiw, I recall the dialogue being particularly bad.

You liked it? Great. I’m not telling you not to like it. That’s the wonderful thing about opinions… we all have our own. Believe me, I like plenty of stuff other people don’t. Moving on.

Sounds like you’re trying to dodge the question.

Regardless, bring Todd back. End of discussion.

Mighty Member

I found a quote said by Stan Lee himself:
    As Stan Lee himself said : "The Green Goblin is Peter Parker's greatest enemy, while Doctor Octopus is Spider-Man's greatest enemy."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I found a quote said by Stan Lee himself:
    As Stan Lee himself said : "The Green Goblin is Peter Parker's greatest enemy, while Doctor Octopus is Spider-Man's greatest enemy."
    I wonder who fed him that line.

Astonishing Member

That line never made any sense.

The Green Goblin didn't give any shit about Peter Parker until he found out he was Spider-Man. This is true in pretty much any continuity, except in Ultimate Spider-Man where Norman knew Peter had powers prior to him even becoming Spider-Man. But the same is true of Ock in that continuity, so Stan couldn't have been talking about Ultimate Peter.

That line was just Stan talking out of his ass.

Peter and Harry should give it a go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    That line never made any sense.

The Green Goblin didn't give any shit about Peter Parker until he found out he was Spider-Man. This is true in pretty much any continuity, except in Ultimate Spider-Man where Norman knew Peter had powers prior to him even becoming Spider-Man. But the same is true of Ock in that continuity, so Stan couldn't have been talking about Ultimate Peter.

That line was just Stan talking out of his ass.
    If you hung around Stan Lee and ask him a question in the most eager voice, Lee would respond and clarify whatever it is you wanted to hear him say. So Lee was never a too-great theorist on Spider-Man and his rogues. So maybe someone ran a comparison on Ock and Goblin by him and Lee gave them their "shut up" soundbite and let them go.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If you hung around Stan Lee and ask him a question in the most eager voice, Lee would respond and clarify whatever it is you wanted to hear him say. So Lee was never a too-great theorist on Spider-Man and his rogues. So maybe someone ran a comparison on Ock and Goblin by him and Lee gave them their "shut up" soundbite and let them go.
    It was not accepted among marvel which is why they appear in more issues these days

Mighty Member

Peter and Harry should give it a go.
    Well nick spencer did that and well Harry does again:

Did you mean to attach a picture?

Mighty Member

Did you mean to attach a picture?
    what do you mean Harry in nick’s run?