Page 100 of 177 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2651

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Agree Emma Stone is now bigger than Dunst ever was (and Dunst was pretty big).

Strong disagree about Bryce Dallas Howard being bigger than Dunst. Without checking on IMDB, I can only think of 2 movies she’s been in beside SM III. I’m sure she had a solid career, but not an exceptional one.

EDIT: Okay I just remembered BDH is in the JP World franchise now. Meh, I still think she’s B-list.
    The Help, Black Mirror, Rocketman.

But most popularly, a star of both billion dollar Jurassic World movies where she plays the other main role.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was part of the party girl personality she projected.

Well, Michelle and MJ don't really have a lot of common characteristics aside from having facade's and not taking @#$%.
    That's pretty much because Michelle's character is a hybrid of the character Ava Ayala(White Tiger)
    avaayalamaxresdefault.jpg

and Ultimate Mary Jane
    maryjane.jpg
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-24-2021 at 02:01 PM.

There are no “weak” Spider-Man stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    The Help, Black Mirror, Rocketman.

But most popularly, a star of both billion dollar Jurassic World movies where she plays the other main role.

That's pretty much because Michelle's character is a hybrid of the character Ava Ayala(White Tiger)
    avaayalamaxresdefault.jpg

and Ultimate Mary Jane
    maryjane.jpg
    I love Ava Ayala and wish they team up in comics more but Michelle ain't it.

One More Day isn’t that bad

We need more pin-up women like Gwen Stacy and MJ in Amazing Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    We need more pin-up women like Gwen Stacy and MJ in Amazing Spider-Man.
    but wouldnt that just make mj lose value
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    but wouldnt that just make mj lose value
    I'm not sure what you mean. I liked the way Johnny Romita Sr. drew them back in the 60's. Spider-man was more of a fun read back then.

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. I liked the way Johnny Romita Sr. drew them back in the 60's. Spider-man was more of a fun read back then.
    oh you mean same character models.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I like Maximum Carnage. It's very silly but it's my kind of silly.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I like Maximum Carnage. It's very silly but it's my kind of silly.
    Back when Spidey comics was fun to read. I'll take that over Clone Saga and OMD/BND any day and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Back when Spidey comics was fun to read. I'll take that over Clone Saga and OMD/BND any day and time.
    Clone Saga was a lot better than OMD/BND

i like parker industries I like the Spiderman world wide aspect of his career

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i like parker industries I like the Spiderman world wide aspect of his career
    Yeah, I wish Parker Industries would have survived for a longer time. In many ways, it granted Peter the kind of power that balanced his responsability.

Pretty sure one of his high tech suits would have been quite useful right now in the Sinister War.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, I wish Parker Industries would have survived for a longer time. In many ways, it granted Peter the kind of power that balanced his responsability.

Pretty sure one of his high tech suits would have been quite useful right now in the Sinister War.
    yeah or the web shooters he developed

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Funnily enough, Roger Stern said that his motivation for creating Mary Jane's backstory as a runaway from a broken home was that he wanted to explain why Aunt May once believed he and MJ would be a great match. Stern felt that Aunt May couldn't be a joke or be totally wrong so there had to be a legitimate foundation so he created Mary Jane's backstory and had Aunt May confess to Peter in ASM#243, that "the two of you have lost so much" as a way of explaining to Peter why the two would have gotten along.

What Stern didn't intend was that his backstory would double down and make MJ even more central since he made MJ more similar to Peter and so more perfectly matched than before, and so against his intention and control, he set the stage for Peter-MJ to be married.

Conway's drug of choice at the time of his run was LSD though, not marijuana.

Neither Lee nor Ditko were on drugs or knew anything of drug culture and Mary Jane is a common enough name outside the drug reference.
    As much as I like MJ and her backstory, I wonder what this says about how May, and by extension Stern, viewed Peter's upbringing.