Page 101 of 176 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2628
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I like Maximum Carnage. It's very silly but it's my kind of silly.
    Maximum Carnage was a decent story idea. The problem is it is far too long and bloated. Not only that, but the characterisation doesn't flow from issue to issue. One minute Peter is against the team up with Venom, then the next he is for it. That continues for the 14 issues it runs for. Now if it had been 8 issues, it would have been much tighter. That's my gripe with it. Which is a similar one to Blood And Thunder for Thor (let's be honest, that was **** regardless) and X-Cutioner's Song across the X-titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, I wish Parker Industries would have survived for a longer time. In many ways, it granted Peter the kind of power that balanced his responsability.

Pretty sure one of his high tech suits would have been quite useful right now in the Sinister War.
    Funny thing is the old animated series in the 90s had an alt-U in it where Parker Industries was a huge mega-corp and he was as rich as Tony Stark. Or... something like that. It was a bit vague since we didn't see it that much.

Peter needs Aunt May more than he needs anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Peter needs Aunt May more than he needs anyone else.
    well he did gave up his marriage for her life maybe we are onto something
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well he did gave up his marriage for her life maybe we are onto something
    If Amazing Fantasy #15 was the only story ever published in Spider-Man and the only story of the Spider-Man franchise, maybe.

Fact is Spider-Man is who he is because of the stories that came after AF#15

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If Amazing Fantasy #15 was the only story ever published in Spider-Man and the only story of the Spider-Man franchise, maybe.

Fact is Spider-Man is who he is because of the stories that came after AF#15
    i dont get it

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

i dont get it
    I think he's suggesting that Aunt May was only important in Amazing Fantasy #15 and the comics have outgrown her.
    I disagree on both counts.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think he's suggesting that Aunt May was only important in Amazing Fantasy #15 and the comics have outgrown her.
    I disagree on both counts.
    I wouldnt say that but the fact that it was her life that ultimately is what Peter gave up his marriage for is just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like question I have for you guys during that period did you need/want Aunt May to be alive? Up to the point before he made his deal with mephisto did you guys care that Peter was going so hard to save her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Wasn't suggesting either thing.

i dont get it
    The answer is both simple and complicated, here are two posts that between them give a hint:
    https://elvingsmusings.wordpress.com...inuity-census/
    https://elvingsmusings.wordpress.com...ty-conscience/

I wouldnt say that but the fact that it was her life that ultimately is what Peter gave up his marriage for is just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like question I have for you guys during that period did you need/want Aunt May to be alive? Up to the point before he made his deal with mephisto did you guys care that Peter was going so hard to save her?
    There's not much point in looking at OMD as a story in the lives of the characters. It's an editorial stunt and not a story.

I don't see anything that happens in that story as indicative or reflective of the characters, either [a]as previously existed. [b]originally conceived.

The story wasn't written to prove or demonstrate how important Aunt May was, it wasn't written to prove that Aunt May was vital and essential, it was written to end the marriage and everything else leading up to it was secondary.

Aunt May as a character was written far better during the JMS run leading up to OMD than she was during BND or Slott's run.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 08-31-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Wasn't suggesting either thing.

The answer is both simple and complicated, here are two posts that between them give a hint:
    https://elvingsmusings.wordpress.com...inuity-census/
    https://elvingsmusings.wordpress.com...ty-conscience/

There's not much point in looking at OMD as a story in the lives of the characters. It's an editorial stunt and not a story.

I don't see anything that happens in that story as indicative or reflective of the characters, either [a]as previously existed. [b]originally conceived.

The story wasn't written to prove or demonstrate how important Aunt May was, it wasn't written to prove that Aunt May was vital and essential, it was written to end the marriage and everything else leading up to it was secondary.

Aunt May as a character was written far better during the JMS run leading up to OMD than she was during BND or Slott's run.
    i agree but before you reach that conclusion as a reader during that time how was the story being advertise? Like did you guys know from jump you will lose the marriage or was it til you read that Issue

BANNED

i agree but before you reach that conclusion as a reader during that time how was the story being advertise? Like did you guys know from jump you will lose the marriage or was it til you read that Issue
    OMD and Brand New Day was announced in advance. Dan Slott had written a BND-era story for FCBD in 2007 before OMD had come out. People knew going in that it was about the marriage in some way and Aunt May being shot was in part to set that up.

The specifics of it involving Mephisto and it being written that badly, that was the surprise.

The Aunt May stuff was seen as secondary because right after she got shot you had BACK IN BLACK and the story padded out many issues with her on the gurney (in fact JMS said later that while OMD wasn't his story at all, i.e. it wasn't his idea to use Mephisto nor did he want to end the marriage...he would have preferred Aunt May getting shot to lead directly into OMD). So the tension of Aunt May's life was diffused because while Aunt May is in hospital readers get this awesome story about Peter back in the ever-popular black costume (for some reason), and then going nuts and being all badass and then making Kingpin the laughing stock that he is as a Spider-Man bad guy while bare-shirted.

So the tension about May's life was kinda secondary because the way the story was padded and with her in the coma there wasn't any real sense of urgency in the buildup.

readers get this awesome story about Peter back in the ever-popular black costume (for some reason),
    Spider-Man 3.

Sometimes I think the perfect take on Venom occurs in the Spider-Man Vs Kingpin game for Sega Genesis.

-Pav, who received that game for Christmas many years ago...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Shower thought I had today:

Black Cat isn't the most toxic ex that Peter had. That would be the symbiote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Shower thought I had today:

Black Cat isn't the most toxic ex that Peter had. That would be the symbiote.
    thats tru the symbiote was in a relationship with Peter