Page 104 of 176 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2628

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I miss the times, when there were only few of them. The whole planet of the symbiotes, Knull and everything made the stuff too complicated.

I liked Flash as Venom. His was a good story. I like Eddie too, I think he is a complex character, definitely better as a hero than a villain, but man - Agent Venom was way more interesting take.
    My thought, is that the idea of them as a proper race... was a long time coming and an inevitable development. Knull though? that was just weird. Obviously they had to come from somewhere, so... a planet of origin is a needed development. the question though is what sort of planet would be best?

I miss the times, when there were only few of them. The whole planet of the symbiotes, Knull and everything made the stuff too complicated.

I liked Flash as Venom. His was a good story. I like Eddie too, I think he is a complex character, definitely better as a hero than a villain, but man - Agent Venom was way more interesting take.
    I agree with this Agent Venom was one of favorites.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Kind in Black should have put an end to most symbiotes. The new "event" is one of the worst we've seen even marvel standards wise .
    Eddie dies, Dylan keeps Venom.Flash is brought back as Anti-Venom(50/50 on this or stay dead).Cletus is Carnage, and Toxin is the Cop instead of the new kid.

KIB was the perfect time to tie symbiotes tighter than ever, instead the used it to press them out even more.
    Not controversial (to me) at all...please see any comment I have made about symbiotes in the past while. Too many or them, too over powered, and pushed too much with all the Venom/Symbiote events over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed, I guess my broader point is that KIB was the perfect opportunity to overhaul symbiotes to make them tighter and more streamlined.Easier to get into for newer fans while providing the same symbiote goodness but w/ some twists to keep it fresh.

Whether that Overhaul was killing most of them and focusing on select few and regrowing, or changing symbiotes as in their functioning or anything else.
    They could just have defeated Knull then all the symbiotes except Venom, Carnage, and maybe one other go back to their home planet.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-13-2021 at 07:46 PM.

We should at least see the various teams considering Peter for membership.

#1: Peter is THE Spider-Man and always will be but he is RIGHT NOW the least interesting Spider in comics. I hope it'll change in the future but not at a cost of other Spiders.

#2: MCU "What If... Zombies?!" Spider-Man is more "Spider-Man" than the actuall MCU Spider-Man.

It feels wrong for any of the other heroes to not develop a close relationship with Peter, since he's essentially just some stupid kid. That would be like if the hero community treated someone like Moon Girl the way they treated Naruto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It feels wrong for any of the other heroes to not develop a close relationship with Peter, since he's essentially just some stupid kid.
    1) He hasn't been a kid since ASM#28.
    2) Back when he was a teenager, almost nobody saw Spider-Man as a teenager.
    3) He's not stupid.

Remember that Spider-Man was one of the first superheroes in the so-called "Marvel Age" that began after the rocket flight of the Fantastic Four.

Spider-Man was an active superhero before Iron Man, before Captain America was thawed out, before the formation of the Avengers.

Here's Spider-Man's first encounter with Iron Man where he treats him as basically a loser salesman (which is what Tony Stark is if you think about it).

The Avengers #3 - 1.jpg
    The Avengers #3 - 2.jpg

There were times when writers remembered this part of the continuity, like when Captain America offered Spider-Man to join the Avengers trainee program:

"Trainee program?!? Hey, I'm Spider-Man, remember? I was sticking to walls when you guys were still looking for a clubhouse, I'm no green rookie!"
    -- Spider-Man, The Avengers #236, written by Roger Stern.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    3) He's not stupid.

Remember that Spider-Man was one of the first superheroes in the so-called "Marvel Age" that began after the rocket flight of the Fantastic Four.

Spider-Man was an active superhero before Iron Man, before Captain America was thawed out, before the formation of the Avengers.

Here's Spider-Man's first encounter with Iron Man where he treats him as basically a loser salesman (which is what Tony Stark is if you think about it).

The Avengers #3 - 1.jpg
    The Avengers #3 - 2.jpg

There were times when writers remembered this part of the continuity, like when Captain America offered Spider-Man to join the Avengers trainee program:

"Trainee program?!? Hey, I'm Spider-Man, remember? I was sticking to walls when you guys were still looking for a clubhouse, I'm no green rookie!"
    And now with the new paradigm of self-mangling continuity, Pete is continually seen as some guy who a super-rookie and not well known to anyone.... :/

Symbiote-related question:

How was Mac Gargan Venom received at the time? I wasn't into comics back then, only read about it on few fansites.
    I remember Anti-Venom being pretty cool, but I hated the looks of Gargan-Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    3) He's not stupid.

1) Probably best not to take everything so literally.
    Outside of that, when Iron Man finds out who Spider-Man really is I don't think they ever butt heads again.

How was Mac Gargan Venom received at the time? I wasn't into comics back then, only read about it on few fansites.
    I think the reception on him was pretty lukewarm, I was a kid and only occasionally browsing forums but at the time I didn't care for Gargan as Venom or the look personally. It was certainly *a* way to make Venom a villain again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not controversial (to me) at all...please see any comment I have made about symbiotes in the past while. Too many or them, too over powered, and pushed too much with all the Venom/Symbiote events over the last few years.

They could just have defeated Knull then all the symbiotes except Venom, Carnage, and maybe one other go back to their home planet.
    All this, they lost their "charm" IMO.

Extraordinary Member

He was kinda nerfed, not as strong or deadly mostly because Peter was stronger and smarter.
    He wasn't hated though IIRC, just not loved either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think the reception on him was pretty lukewarm, I was a kid and only occasionally browsing forums but at the time I didn't care for Gargan as Venom or the look personally. It was certainly *a* way to make Venom a villain again.
    I wasn't checking around here back then (Nor did I know anyone besides Peter and Eddie used the symbiote), but considering that even in his debut as Venom, Spidey still treated him as a loser, which was shown when Spidey easily defeated him, I really doubt he was liked, but maybe not really as disliked as that Angelo Fortunato guy, but Gargan did little to stand out as Venom besides sucking, which, he's not even the first one to suck lol.

I honestly forget Gargan was Venom. I mean, if you think of Gargan, you think of Scorpion, not Venom.