Page 106 of 176 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2628

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Don't Disney's Spider-Man cartoons have really high ratings?
    Ultimate did, although streaming numbers is why it got a fourth season.

I'm not sure if Marvel's Spider-Man was that big a ratings hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I did, although I skipped through some eps and fast-forwarded in others.It's been a hot while though, and I tried to rewatch it and gave up in 5 mins.
    I did love MJ, since I feel the classic era MJ is something we won't ever get adapted this worked as a great modern MJ, specially compared to MCU.
    Yeah, for whole 10 minutes of screentime she had in the show she was surprisingly one of the better adaptions of Mary Jane.

Bonus points for not being a reporter.

Black Cat works better a close ally. Not a love interest.

Incredible Member

- Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends is a great cartoon with the 1990's cartoon a close second, everything after is non-existent.
    - was never a die hard McFarlane fan I think because of all the hype is why I still have all of his SM collected in Tpb's.
    - Spider-Man probably has the most lamest and ridiculous of his rogues gallery with many of them being based either by animals or a horrific science experiment.
    - I don't care how huge the Marvel movies have made what were once D-grade characters like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America into the big leagues Spider-Man for me is still the face of Marvel.
    - aside from Death Of Gwen Stacey has Spider-Man have any other popular iconic storylines?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    - Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends is a great cartoon with the 1990's cartoon a close second, everything after is non-existent.
    - was never a die hard McFarlane fan I think because of all the hype is why I still have all of his SM collected in Tpb's.
    - Spider-Man probably has the most lamest and ridiculous of his rogues gallery with many of them being based either by animals or a horrific science experiment.
    - I don't care how huge the Marvel movies have made what were once D-grade characters like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America into the big leagues Spider-Man for me is still the face of Marvel.
    - aside from Death Of Gwen Stacey has Spider-Man have any other popular iconic storylines?
    I'm assuming the last is one is a question

1)His origin. With Great Power must also come Great Responsibility
    2)Death of Green Goblin, right after Gwen's death but iconic nonetheless
    3)If this be my destiny
    4)Death of Jean Dewolfe
    5)The Kid who collects Spider-man
    6)Kraven's Last hunt
    7)Spider-man no more
    8)Spider-man:Blue(a modern classic)
    9)Leah
    10)Venom
    11)Back in Black
    12)Best of enemies
    13)Nothing can stop the Juggernaut
    14)Hobgoblin
    15)Death of Captain Stacy

I would say Spider-Island and Gauntlet along w/ Superior and Spider-verse are modern iconics. Maybe even Red Goblin.

In no particular order and of the top of my head, I'm sure there are more

He has the most iconic stories out of pretty much every hero, specially in marvel

I feel like Spider-Man could have any job he wants, but he just has a passion for journalism.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    For sure. The perpetually grinning Goblin mask calling out to Norman just hits me right always. 10 years prior the Green Goblin's Last Stand fan film did the classic tunic Goblin costume, and I always will dig this cause it's fun seeing someone do that direct translation in live action- low budget charm and all. That mask they made has a static grinning expression similar to how the Raimi version would do it later, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylky5ITvZpk&

I quite liked the Humberto Ramos Green Goblin re-design he did for the Paul Jenkins story right when the movie came out, that was then used as the defacto Green Goblin look for most of the 2000s up to Brand New Day. It's funny seeing Ramos get to draw the classic Goblin costume in recent years, I don't think it's as good as his redesign. The Ramos design was a lot creepier (and greener!) than the classic costume with its disheveled layers. I honestly wish that one was still used today, but like Doc Ock we gotta return the villains to their factory setting visual after a little experimentation has worn off.

Attachment 108841
    Not directly related but I would not be surprised if the original Green Goblin costume was supposed to be black and Green rather then purple and Green. Or at least a darker purple. I mean looking at the way the bombs explode with a classic magician smoke stroke effect when Ditko drew Spider-Man not to mention the bent nose, eye liners and broom it seems quite likely that the Green Goblin is inspirated by the classic film version of the Wicked Witch of the west, which has green skin and wears black and if I am remembering her look corretly even has some purple highlights on her dress.
    spidey-meets-goblin.jpg

Later on tho when Romita took over, the coloring was more inspirated by that of the then current running cartoon series.
    tumblr_miv8wh92iK1rra8xoo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_npydk3oica1qjw6l8_500.jpg
    Note how the stockings and trick bag and belt are both in a much darker purple then the almost pink bright purple.

Gaunt is the best, underrated Spider-Man rogue.

Amazing Member

I always saw Civil War as Spiderman story than Captain America story
    Spiderman should have retired after the Gwen Stacy incident
    Spiderman like Batman is a loner not Avengers or help others he is a street level hero

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    Spiderman like Batman is a loner not Avengers or help others he is a street level hero
    Batman is such a loner that he is a member of the Justice League, The Outsiders, Batman INC, a whole family of sidekicks and partners, regularly teams up with Superman and had one of the longest running team up books with the Brave and the Bold.

Dan Slott is the best Spider-Man writer

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    This is a comment I will agree with very much!

My own thought on another writer? I feel that Todd M is over rated and if it was for Venom his run would not be ranked as high.

Good artist and writer I just dont understand the Awe people have of him.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-23-2021 at 06:57 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Batman is such a loner that he is a member of the Justice League, The Outsiders, Batman INC, a whole family of sidekicks and partners, regularly teams up with Superman and had one of the longest running team up books with the Brave and the Bold.
    Batman should be a loner then

I don't think Dan Slott would agree with that take, lol.

Astonishing Member

Can I ask when you started reading the comics? I know this is the controversial thread, so I’m not rebuking/arguing but I know a few people who have said the same about JMS also started reading during that particular era. I think the era we start reading shapes our own interpretation of the character. For me, I started reading during the David Michelinie ASM era and hold his run in much higher regard than some others I know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Can I ask when you started reading the comics? I know this is the controversial thread, so I’m not rebuking/arguing but I know a few people who have said the same about JMS also started reading during that particular era. I think the era we start reading shapes our own interpretation of the character. For me, I started reading during the David Michelinie ASM era and hold his run in much higher regard than some others I know.
    I like Michelinie a lot. Prefer JMS but Michelinie's quite good.

His dialogue is sharp and this is my all-time favorite Peter speech.