Page 108 of 176 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2628

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    McFarlane, as far as i know, is liked or was liked because of his art, not so much for his storylines, i would say that teenage me was kind of fascinated by his work back then and Torment while being kind of crappy tale is still a story that i enjoy, mainly because it was one of my first "Dark" comics, yeah i was going throught a phase back then lol.
    Ah yes, the edgy phase, I didn't mind that scene in Ultimatum where Blob ate Janet because of my own, nowadays I mock Ultimate for having cannibalism as a surprisingly semi-frequent thing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just read Back in Black and One more Day. I enjoyed the heck out of both of them I am a couple issues into Brand new Day. And ya alls is wrong. It is pretty fun.
    Okay, let's close the thread, no way any controversial opinion can ever top "I enjoyed OMD", even if someone says non ironically that OMD is the best Spidey story, this guy said he liked it first .

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Back in Black is uncontroversial. It's generally seen as a great story and the true end of JMS' run.
    Back in Black in ASM was fine, in other comics, meh, didn't really care about it.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-24-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ah yes, the edgy phase, I didn't mind that scene in Ultimatum where Blob ate Janet because of my own, nowadays I mock Ultimate for having cannibalism as a surprisingly semi-frequent thing lol.
    My edginess hasn't gone away completly if i'm being honest, to my eternal shame i still like Gantz. Still edgy me has limits, even i thougth that Daken Dark Wolverine was too much.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-24-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

My edginess hasn't gone away completly if i'm being honest, to my eternal shame i still like Gantz. Still edgy me has limits, even i thougth that Dakenark Wolverine was too much.
    I think there’s a difference between try-hard xtreme edginess that creators used as a gimmick to increase sales on books in the 90s and early 00s, and a well-crafted and moody book like ‘The Dark Knight’ or ‘Watchmen’ that earns its dark atmosphere and is a feature of the storytelling.

My edginess hasn't gone away completly if i'm being honest, to my eternal shame i still like Gantz.
    Hm, a quick search points at a manga, is it one of those with too much killing?

Still edgy me has limits, even i thougth that Dakenark Wolverine was too much.
    The unintnetional emote there is just great lol.

And hey, nothing wrong with still enjoying edgy ****, I just have a problem with it if a lazy writer uses the edgy **** instead of actually writing a story that doesn't rely on being tryhard, if it's a good story that has edgy ****, then it's fine.

Hm, a quick search points at a manga, is it one of those with too much killing?

The unintnetional emote there is just great lol.

And hey, nothing wrong with still enjoying edgy ****, I just have a problem with it if a lazy writer uses the edgy **** instead of actually writing a story that doesn't rely on being tryhard, if it's a good story that has edgy ****, then it's fine.
    It is a manga and yes it has a lot of killing and a good amount of fanservice, there is quality and is probably tamer that mangas of similar genre, but is definetly super edgy. There also epic stupidity, the kind is so dumb but kind of awesome for how stupid it is.

Lol, didn't notice until now, althought my problem with Daken has a lot more to do with his concept and that he is connected to the worst Wolverine run of the century anf probably his worst run period.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Okay, let's close the thread, no way any controversial opinion can ever top "I enjoyed OMD", even if someone says non ironically that OMD is the best Spidey story, this guy said he liked it first .
    I have heard everyone bashing the arc, and I heard all the hate for it. And after reading several issues into it I just dont get the hate. I enjoyed where Peter is trying to get a job and everyone is telling him no because he keeps going missing for days on end, or never lived up to the hype of being the science wonder kid from Mid Town High.

So yep OMD is pretty fun for me. But then again I am the guy who said The Clone Saga is one of the best Spidey Stories of all time so I get if my credibility is razor thin

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I think there’s a difference between try-hard xtreme edginess that creators used as a gimmick to increase sales on books in the 90s and early 00s, and a well-crafted and moody book like ‘The Dark Knight’ or ‘Watchmen’ that earns its dark atmosphere and is a feature of the storytelling.
    The problem with edgy is that so many fail to do it well. Watchmen is one of the ones that did it well. bit for the most part writers use it as a gimmick because they are not talented enough to think of a good story. So they throw some bad words or a few dead bodies and blood and say "Man I am ground breaking."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I have heard everyone bashing the arc, and I heard all the hate for it. And after reading several issues into it I just dont get the hate. I enjoyed where Peter is trying to get a job and everyone is telling him no because he keeps going missing for days on end, or never lived up to the hype of being the science wonder kid from Mid Town High.

So yep OMD is pretty fun for me. But then again I am the guy who said The Clone Saga is one of the best Spidey Stories of all time so I get if my credibility is razor thin
    I like someone who goes against the grain and isn’t afraid to admit liking a critically panned story like OMD. It shows you can think for yourself and don’t just fall in line with the majority/mainstream opinion. Now, I have to ask… do you like Sins Past too? ��

The problem with edgy is that so many fail to do it well. Watchmen is one of the ones that did it well. bit for the most part writers use it as a gimmick because they are not talented enough to think of a good story. So they throw some bad words or a few dead bodies and blood and say "Man I am ground breaking."
    True indeed! Well, my own controversial opinion is I liked the edgy “I am the Spider!” era when it first came out. But when I revisited it as an adult… well, either it hadn’t aged well, or my tastes had matured a lot since then. Probably a bit of both!

I like someone who goes against the grain and isn’t afraid to admit liking a critically panned story like OMD. It shows you can think for yourself and don’t just fall in line with the majority/mainstream opinion. Now, I have to ask… do you like Sins Past too? ��

True indeed! Well, my own controversial opinion is I liked the edgy “I am the Spider!” era when it first came out. But when I revisited it as an adult… well, either it hadn’t aged well, or my tastes had matured a lot since then. Probably a bit of both!
    I have not read Sins Past so I cant say for sure. It is on my list to read though. I am going in with an open mind. I dont mind the concept of the story. I just want to read how it was done.

I bet it is a bit of both. When I was younger I listened to NWA and then ICP even though to be honest I cant stand that music now. And back then I dont think I liked the music as much as I liked the edginess to it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'd like to see Todd MacFarlane return.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I'd like to see Todd MacFarlane return.
    I’m not sure about the man himself, but I wish they’d bring back some of the elements he introduced… like those giant Felix-the-cat eyes Spidey had throughout the 90s (and maybe the insanely detailed webbing too).

So Harry died and was not around for the longest time. Is OMD the event that brought him back to life?

Extraordinary Member

So Harry died and was not around for the longest time. Is OMD the event that brought him back to life?
    It's a clone I think, but yes it was a direct consequence from OMD.Specifically BND

Astonishing Member

Yes.

He was almost brought back during the Clone Saga as Gaunt.

Yes.

He was almost brought back during the Clone Saga as Gaunt.
    Is Norman till alive here or is he dead also? I know that Harry hates Spiderman so was wondering if Norman being dead was the reason?

Is Norman till alive here or is he dead also? I know that Harry hates Spiderman so was wondering if Norman being dead was the reason?
    He is still alive, you'll see him in New Ways to Die arc, wich if i remember correctly, is the arc that gives you the first hint of how the timeline changed.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona