Page 110 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2628

I agree that she is being written OOC. At least OOC for what she grew into. When she first showed up she was a flaky kind of party girl. I can see why people are upset. This is a huge difference in how she changed into the person she was before OMD. But I dont mind reading this take. In fact I am enjoying OMD/BND a lot.

And I dont agree that her dating others makes her a bad person. yea she is not divorced in the normal sense. But thanks to that deal she may as well be. It is clear she has feelings for Peter still the way she said "In another life." and touched the screen Spiderman was on. But the writers wrote her as having chosen to move on from a man that she can not have. I am fine with that.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-25-2021 at 02:00 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, not only is it OOC it's extreme character regression

Except she remembers, and a few months.We just saw Peter tell MJ she can take her time and he will always wait for her and he did and she came back in JMS.Now she does this in a few months, if she does remember then she is a horrible person, period.It's OOC but still, there's no excuse.

The writers wrote her as OOC, and the fact she had the guts to tell peter she wants a break because Spider-man who helps people everyday and now she can't even wait for more than a few months is the definition of for the streets.Again OOC.

But MJ fans should not be and don't have to be fine w/ this.This isn't a new character, they butchered a fan favorite and fans have every right to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, not only is it OOC it's extreme character regression

Except she remembers, and a few months.We just saw Peter tell MJ she can take her time and he will always wait for her and he did and she came back in JMS.Now she does this in a few months, if she does remember then she is a horrible person, period.It's OOC but still, there's no excuse.

The writers wrote her as OOC, and the fact she had the guts to tell peter she wants a break because Spider-man who helps people everyday and now she can't even wait for more than a few months is the definition of for the streets.Again OOC.

But MJ fans should not be and don't have to be fine w/ this.This isn't a new character, they butchered a fan favorite and fans have every right to complain.
    Never said MJ fans had to be fine with this. In fact I said I see why people are upset. But its still fun for me to read. I get why you dont like it. Ill move on from this. No need to bog down the thread with pointless back and forth. You dont like It, I like it. We both have a right to feel that way.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

One other quick question. Peter does not know about the deal Yet when he sees Osborn in his apartment he says Norman does not know who I am any more. So how does Peter know this? And how does he explain how he unmasked in Civil War yet no one remembers who he is?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    One other quick question. Peter does not know about the deal Yet when he sees Osborn in his apartment he says Norman does not know who I am any more. So how does Peter know this? And how does he explain how he unmasked in Civil War yet no one remembers who he is?
    One Moment in Time served as continuity clean-up for One More Day.

At least until Nick Spencer's run.

In the interest of full disclosure, I despise One Moment in Time. It serves no purpose other than to try to clean-up the continuity changes in some of the most unsatisfying ways imaginable and served to set the tone for how Peter and MJ were written for Dan Slott's solo run on the title (which repeated itself multiple times. And you can't blame the characters at that point, you blame the creators and editorial for repeating the same beats over and over and over again).
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 09-25-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It is a manga and yes it has a lot of killing and a good amount of fanservice, there is quality and is probably tamer that mangas of similar genre, but is definetly super edgy. There also epic stupidity, the kind is so dumb but kind of awesome for how stupid it is.
    I get the feeling fanservice happens at the same time as edgy scenes in this lol.

Lol, didn't notice until now, althought my problem with Daken has a lot more to do with his concept and that he is connected to the worst Wolverine run of the century anf probably his worst run period.
    Is that run comparable to how Ultimate Wolverine is a really poor taste of a character?

I have heard everyone bashing the arc, and I heard all the hate for it. And after reading several issues into it I just dont get the hate. I enjoyed where Peter is trying to get a job and everyone is telling him no because he keeps going missing for days on end, or never lived up to the hype of being the science wonder kid from Mid Town High.

So yep OMD is pretty fun for me. But then again I am the guy who said The Clone Saga is one of the best Spidey Stories of all time so I get if my credibility is razor thin
    Problem with OMD is that Peter and MJ thought it was a good idea to make the deal with the devil to begin with, and while Peter did regret doing it, him actually accepting the deal to begin with is just a disgusting action.

And the whole thing only happened 'cause Quesada and other higher ups had another tantrum where they didn't want Peter to stay married, yeah...

If you enjoy it that's fine, but those are generally the reasons why it's hated, other stuff like using a magic so heavily to "solve" Peter's problem when he's more of a science character, and how everyone ever can't just heal a fucking bullet wound...

Is fine with MJ dating other people, but they should have give her better options. Both of then sucked.
    One of them made MJ look like a hypocrite, avoid dating a super-hero 'caus he can die, then start to a, fireman... A fireman whose name is the Spanish version of "Peter", yeah...

Same with Peter's girlfriends frankly.
    Between Michelle who's just abusive, and Carlie who's Gwen's second coming, and Gwen was a worse love interest than Betty, yeah...

And maybe find better people, and maybe wait for a second.Peter wasn't sleeping w/ someone instantly in BND, and definitely wasn't in a relationship IIRC.MJ was already thrown in one.
    Peter was making out with some chick in BND's first issue though lol.

BND also made him sleep around when he normally wouldn't, even had a booty call situation with Felicia.

Heck I'd say Peter should also not date others since the chances of that working aren't good w/ fans like Carlie or Mockingbird.But
    I remember hearing that Mockinbird was written out of character in that relationship, and considering how much of a bitch she was, I hope so, character being that insufferable whenever she's in a relationship consistently is bad lol.

Wasnt she with a fireman in Superior Spiderman or shortly after? That was pretty cool. She cant just be written as sitting around pinning for Peter every issue she was in after they are no longer together.
    The fireman was "Lame Peter", so that wasn't a good love interest to make her move away, 'cause if anything, it made her look like she was dating some other guy to try to move on from Peter, and completely failing lol.

Guess she learned that from Ultimate MJ .

No it wasn't.Superior was literally the worst MJ written in comics.She couldn't tell what's wrong w/ Peter for so long(which she did in seconds Pre-OMD)
    It's worth pointing out that Spidey's supporting characters could be scarily good at telling Peter isn't Peter when someone pretends to be him, and, yeah, MJ saw Kraven as Spidey saving her life, and in 3 pages she managed to tell it wasn't Peter.

It's not just her too, aunt May once managed to tell Peter wasn't Peter once, when Chameleon disguised himself as him, but aunt May couldn't tell something was up with Otto.

I know super hero comics run into plot induced stupidity pretty often for some stories to happen, but Superior with moments like that was pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I get the feeling fanservice happens at the same time as edgy scenes in this lol.

Is that run comparable to how Ultimate Wolverine is a really poor taste of a character?

Problem with OMD is that Peter and MJ thought it was a good idea to make the deal with the devil to begin with, and while Peter did regret doing it, him actually accepting the deal to begin with is just a disgusting action.

And the whole thing only happened 'cause Quesada and other higher ups had another tantrum where they didn't want Peter to stay married, yeah...

If you enjoy it that's fine, but those are generally the reasons why it's hated, other stuff like using a magic so heavily to "solve" Peter's problem when he's more of a science character, and how everyone ever can't just heal a fucking bullet wound...

One of them made MJ look like a hypocrite, avoid dating a super-hero 'caus he can die, then start to a, fireman... A fireman whose name is the Spanish version of "Peter", yeah...

Between Michelle who's just abusive, and Carlie who's Gwen's second coming, and Gwen was a worse love interest than Betty, yeah...

BND also made him sleep around when he normally wouldn't, even had a booty call situation with Felicia.

I remember hearing that Mockinbird was written out of character in that relationship, and considering how much of a bitch she was, I hope so, character being that insufferable whenever she's in a relationship consistently is bad lol.

The fireman was "Lame Peter", so that wasn't a good love interest to make her move away, 'cause if anything, it made her look like she was dating some other guy to try to move on from Peter, and completely failing lol.

It's worth pointing out that Spidey's supporting characters could be scarily good at telling Peter isn't Peter when someone pretends to be him, and, yeah, MJ saw Kraven as Spidey saving her life, and in 3 pages she managed to tell it wasn't Peter.

It's not just her too, aunt May once managed to tell Peter wasn't Peter once, when Chameleon disguised himself as him, but aunt May couldn't tell something was up with Otto.

I know super hero comics run into plot induced stupidity pretty often for some stories to happen, but Superior with moments like that was pushing it.
    There is something in the Osaka arc, that definetly fits with what you are describing and is digusting, stupid and kind of impressive at the same time, is a weird manga.

The run is Wolverine Origins by Daniel Way, the same guy that has the honor of writting the firts proper Venom solo book instead mini, a book that is also known for ripping of the The Thing movie in the first arc, when Venom french kissed to kill it in a very disgusting scene and revealed that the lead of the book was a clone all along, you can guest how bad it was. To make a long story short, it basically every ruins every cool or good thing about Wolverine by turning into a monster before the Weapon X, ruining his best story, changing Logan's motivation to join the X-Men and it has Wolverine killing a bunch of Japanese prisioners in a horrible experiment and complicit with Nazis during WWII, i haven't read Ultimate X-Men, but this version of Logan certanly would fit that version for what i heard.

Ah, Pedro, dude has rebound written all over his face, he deserved better. Also, that scene with the girl at the start of BND is super weird, because a woman just randomly decided to make up with him and Peter just kind of rolls with it, her deal was revealed at some later point, but i don't care enought about it to remember lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

She kissed him, by surprise I might add.And was doing so to get in close to harry for his money.Not a relationship.

BND had an awful Peter, and that Felicia situation was some of the most OOC stuff I've seen in a while.I should clear I'm not saying Peter dating others is good, just that:-
    1)He doesn't remember the deal and marriage.
    2)The entire point was to get a single Peter, his situation is kinda unavoidable.MJ could have been avoided though.

A bit OOC yes, was just discussing how they wrote her so insufferable and ASM being so popular would make her exposure to most fans not a good experience on the Mockingbird thread.Others said it doesn't matter but I didn't exactly get why.Her biggest role in so long w/ obviously effect her popularity if it's not well written, glad to know I wasn't off the mark.

Fireman guy was unnecessary and another showing of MJ needs a man.I don't get why they didn't make her independent and a great at her job instead of sticking her w/ characters literally no one cares about.

Yes, this.Not only Kraven but Chameleon as well, both time in seconds.And Ock wasn't even trying to hid it w/ the way he was talking civilians could have told there was something wrong w/ him.
    One of the wrost things about Superior aside from the "everyone is dumb thing" and some others is that they don't explore how much Peter helped and was tied to civilians in NYC.For e.x. There's a kid(he can't talk and is in a wheelchair) who had a story w/ morbius who Peter visits everyday and is his friend(great story btw).There are so many other examples of this stuff that they never show.

Fr, Aunt May as well w/ chameleon.

Facts, I get PIS but this was a level I haven't seen anywhere else.

There is something in the Osaka arc, that definetly fits with what you are describing and is digusting, stupid and kind of impressive at the same time, is a weird manga.
    Sounds like a guilty pleasure kind of deal lol.

The run is Wolverine Origins by Daniel Way, the same guy that has the honor of writting the firts proper Venom solo book instead mini, a book that is also known for ripping of the The Thing movie in the first arc, when Venom french kissed to kill it in a very disgusting scene and revealed that the lead of the book was a clone all along, you can guest how bad it was. To make a long story short, it basically every ruins every cool or good thing about Wolverine by turning into a monster before the Weapon X, ruining his best story, changing Logan's motivation to join the X-Men and it has Wolverine killing a bunch of Japanese prisioners in a horrible experiment and complicit with Nazis during WWII, i haven't read Ultimate X-Men, but this version of Logan certanly would fit that version for what i heard.
    Well, what I've seen, Ultimate Wolverine is Wolverine without his good traits, so he, for example, joined the X-Men to kill Xavier, but then decided against it 'cause he wanted to **** Jean.

He also tried to kill Cyclops to get him out of the picture in his quest to **** Jean.

To make it better, Jean is a teenager.

The whole mind change thing with Spidey also had him trying to have sex with MJ while in Peter's body.

I'm sure there's more but, ****, just what I know of him has the guy being a disgusting pervert willing to do anything in his quest to get teenager pussy, almost to a point that if he has any worse traits it'd feel redundant 'cause just those alone are really bad as is lol.

But hey, the one you described also sounds like he wouldn't be out of place in Ultimate, specifically the "Ultimate's trying too hard" moments lol

Ah, Pedro, dude has rebound written all over his face, he deserved better. Also, that scene with the girl at the start of BND is super weird, because a woman just randomly decided to make up with him and Peter just kind of rolls with it, her deal was revealed at some later point, but i don't care enought about it to remember lol.
    Something about Harry I think lol.

She kissed him, by surprise I might add.And was doing so to get in close to harry for his money.Not a relationship.
    Ah, right, thanks.

BND had an awful Peter, and that Felicia situation was some of the most OOC stuff I've seen in a while.I should clear I'm not saying Peter dating others is good, just that:-
    1)He doesn't remember the deal and marriage.
    2)The entire point was to get a single Peter, his situation is kinda unavoidable.MJ could have been avoided though.
    BND already starts with a really bad first impression, 'cause even if you ignore how its first page has Peter making out with someone soon after OMD, the narration has him speaking in a way that tries too hard to sound like a teenager.

The whole booty call thing was silly, Felicia didn't like who was behind the mask at first, but she had a deeper emotional connection with Spidey than just a booty call (In which during it she sounded like she didn't care about Spidey that much), and, y'know, Spidey of all people having those, when he's romantic at heart, yeah...

A bit OOC yes, was just discussing how they wrote her so insufferable and ASM being so popular would make her exposure to most fans not a good experience on the Mockingbird thread.Others said it doesn't matter but I didn't exactly get why.Her biggest role in so long w/ obviously effect her popularity if it's not well written, glad to know I wasn't off the mark.
    Well, I don't know enough about Bobbi to say, maybe she was being treated badly in other comics and her fans don't care about ASM being another comic she's written badly, or on the other hand, maybe Agents of SHIELD was doing it better? Who knows...

Fireman guy was unnecessary and another showing of MJ needs a man.I don't get why they didn't make her independent and a great at her job instead of sticking her w/ characters literally no one cares about.
    Specially with how short lived it was, 'cause I think the Pedro guy only showed up once post Superior, then MJ started to work for Stark.

Yes, this.Not only Kraven but Chameleon as well, both time in seconds.And Ock wasn't even trying to hid it w/ the way he was talking civilians could have told there was something wrong w/ him.
    Yeah, the biggest excuse Otto has is that he has Peter's memories, but he acts so out of character it shouldn't matter lol.

One of the wrost things about Superior aside from the "everyone is dumb thing" and some others is that they don't explore how much Peter helped and was tied to civilians in NYC.For e.x. There's a kid(he can't talk and is in a wheelchair) who had a story w/ morbius who Peter visits everyday and is his friend(great story btw).There are so many other examples of this stuff that they never show.
    Oh yeah I remember reading that one, I remember thinking it was cool.

There are many, many ways Superior could've told that story better, but, yeah.

The annoying thing is that under Slott, Otto is a better protagonist than Peter, 'cause Slott's Peter only reacts to stuff if the plot requires him to, so he for example, doesn't really care about Carlie breaking up with him (ASM#673), MJ and Carlie moving away (Superior#31), how he's not trigger pissed at what Otto did Post Superior and even mentions perks like owning a company (ASM#1 vol 3) or that Felicia is trying to kill him (ASM#3 vol 3), for such an emotional character, that's noticeable, meanwhile, Otto feels more human with how he reacts to the events around...

Fr, Aunt May as well w/ chameleon.
    And that one time in Spectacular#245 MJ could tell Chameleon was pretending to be Peter and she beat him up:

https://i.imgur.com/ABn15Qv.png

https://i.imgur.com/o8mCrDy.png

https://i.imgur.com/bpVg0zU.png

https://i.imgur.com/GSRgLkO.png

https://i.imgur.com/N1dEHdh.png

https://i.imgur.com/lyNW6To.png

Her managing to knock him down by swinging a bat wildy was just dumb, guess they wanted to avoid drama with her being kidnapped or whatever, but at least she could tell it wasn't Peter pretty fast lol.

Facts, I get PIS but this was a level I haven't seen anywhere else.
    Unfortunately there's worse, or at least, comparatively dumb, like Civil War, or Norman of all people becoming SHIELD's head.

Extraordinary Member

BND already starts with a really bad first impression, 'cause even if you ignore how its first page has Peter making out with someone soon after OMD, the narration has him speaking in a way that tries too hard to sound like a teenager.

The whole booty call thing was silly, Felicia didn't like who was behind the mask at first, but she had a deeper emotional connection with Spidey than just a booty call (In which during it she sounded like she didn't care about Spidey that much), and, y'know, Spidey of all people having those, when he's romantic at heart, yeah...

Well, I don't know enough about Bobbi to say, maybe she was being treated badly in other comics and her fans don't care about ASM being another comic she's written badly, or on the other hand, maybe Agents of SHIELD was doing it better? Who knows...

Specially with how short lived it was, 'cause I think the Pedro guy only showed up once post Superior, then MJ started to work for Stark.

Yeah, the biggest excuse Otto has is that he has Peter's memories, but he acts so out of character it shouldn't matter lol.

Oh yeah I remember reading that one, I remember thinking it was cool.

There are many, many ways Superior could've told that story better, but, yeah.

The annoying thing is that under Slott, Otto is a better protagonist than Peter, 'cause Slott's Peter only reacts to stuff if the plot requires him to, so he for example, doesn't really care about Carlie breaking up with him (ASM#673), MJ and Carlie moving away (Superior#31), how he's not trigger pissed at what Otto did Post Superior and even mentions perks like owning a company (ASM#1 vol 3) or that Felicia is trying to kill him (ASM#3 vol 3), for such an emotional character, that's noticeable, meanwhile, Otto feels more human with how he reacts to the events around...

And that one time in Spectacular#245 MJ could tell Chameleon was pretending to be Peter and she beat him up:

https://i.imgur.com/ABn15Qv.png

https://i.imgur.com/o8mCrDy.png

https://i.imgur.com/bpVg0zU.png

https://i.imgur.com/GSRgLkO.png

https://i.imgur.com/N1dEHdh.png

https://i.imgur.com/lyNW6To.png

Her managing to knock him down by swinging a bat wildy was just dumb, guess they wanted to avoid drama with her being kidnapped or whatever, but at least she could tell it wasn't Peter pretty fast lol.

Unfortunately there's worse, or at least, comparatively dumb, like Civil War, or Norman of all people becoming SHIELD's head.
    So OOC, and Cat made her peace and even liked Peter as who he was after that.So dumb.

They said it wouldn't matter, that one comics doesn't decide how people see her. Which I didn't get since most people I know who only read modern comics read her in ASM and didn't like her.She's not popular enough to be written badly in ASM IMO, it was a great chance at her getting more fans but they ruined it.

Both Pedro and Stark was dumb, and Slott also wrote Stark closer to MJ than in the actual book.Like he was cradling her at one point, it was weird af.There are articles that point out how much Slott loved degrading Peter, it's actually insane.

The way he talk should give it away instantly.

That's what I hate about Slott.He ruined Peter, writing him completely OOC and then made that his "flaws".That's why only reading slott makes superior look good, but reading Spide-man for who he really is superior is revolting.

Yeah, but consistently MJ and May have found out when Peter wasn't him when the person w/ the disguise did a much better job in seconds but now they can't when it's obvious.

Civil War was a good concept, it's overused af now.And most of them have the public being fools which I can buy specially w/ Media influence.No heroes were buying Osborn as a good guy, but MJ, May, the avengers, etc. for so long didn't see it.And how Otto got out of avengers mess was stupid af, the machine would tell them if there was an anomaly in the brain pattern, widow would investigate the drawing given the weird behavior and they would just call in Doc Strange or a Telepath to check as well.So contrived and dumb.

So OOC, and Cat made her peace and even liked Peter as who he was after that.So dumb.
    Unfortunately, the part about Felicia making peace with the Peter side is often forgotten, even by her own fans at times.

They said it wouldn't matter, that one comics doesn't decide how people see her. Which I didn't get since most people I know who only read modern comics read her in ASM and didn't like her.She's not popular enough to be written badly in ASM IMO, it was a great chance at her getting more fans but they ruined it.
    One comic not decising how people see her? That's just a dumb belief lol.

Both Pedro and Stark was dumb, and Slott also wrote Stark closer to MJ than in the actual book.Like he was cradling her at one point, it was weird af.
    You mean this?

https://i.imgur.com/91SaDVu.png

(ASM#16 vol 4)

I didn't notice his hand behind her head before, so that's odd, but at least him being on top of her is because he just saved her, and I think the next issues have them being more on the friends side.

There are articles that point out how much Slott loved degrading Peter, it's actually insane.

The way he talk should give it away instantly.
    Yeah he focused too much on the part of Peter having a bad life...

That's what I hate about Slott.He ruined Peter, writing him completely OOC and then made that his "flaws".That's why only reading slott makes superior look good, but reading Spide-man for who he really is superior is revolting.

Yeah, but consistently MJ and May have found out when Peter wasn't him when the person w/ the disguise did a much better job in seconds but now they can't when it's obvious.
    Maybe it's because it's so obvious they didn't suspect it .

Civil War was a good concept, it's overused af now.And most of them have the public being fools which I can buy specially w/ Media influence.
    The public being a bunch of morons is nothing new, Marvel civilians have always been even dumber than real life civilians somehow, problem is how characters participating on it went out of character for it to happen, Reed who would never side with the government like that decided to do so for inconsistent, nonsensical reasons, and then he cloned Thor; and Stark, I know he's an ass but, really? Negative Zone Prison? And Reed thought that was a good idea too?

Both sides looked like major jerkasses, and the story being "new" at the time doesn't excuse such poor, dumb character writing for it to happen.

No heroes were buying Osborn as a good guy,
    They weren't, but Norman shouldn't have gotten into that position to begin with lol.

but MJ, May, the avengers, etc. for so long didn't see it.And how Otto got out of avengers mess was stupid af, the machine would tell them if there was an anomaly in the brain pattern, widow would investigate the drawing given the weird behavior and they would just call in Doc Strange or a Telepath to check as well.So contrived and dumb.
    I think having characters outside of ASM solving it would make it too messy.

I mean sure, would make more sense, but it's kinda better to be more on the self contained side.

Of course, not like Spidey's own supporting cast had any braincells during that...

Funny thing is that, Miguel of all people started to suspect something was up, and in Superior#29, he even interrogates Spider-Otto, and he only met Peter one time before this... In Superior#30, after Spider-Otto leaves him behind he even says "I knew you were a poser!", while I don't think he was believing that right before (As he was demanding an explanation), he did consider the possibility, and, again, he only met Peter once before this lol.

Extraordinary Member

Unfortunately, the part about Felicia making peace with the Peter side is often forgotten, even by her own fans at times.

One comic not decising how people see her? That's just a dumb belief lol.

You mean this?

https://i.imgur.com/91SaDVu.png

(ASM#16 vol 4)

I didn't notice his hand behind her head before, so that's odd, but at least him being on top of her is because he just saved her, and I think the next issues have them being more on the friends side.

Yeah he focused too much on the part of Peter having a bad life...

Maybe it's because it's so obvious they didn't suspect it .

The public being a bunch of morons is nothing new, Marvel civilians have always been even dumber than real life civilians somehow, problem is how characters participating on it went out of character for it to happen, Reed who would never side with the government like that decided to do so for inconsistent, nonsensical reasons, and then he cloned Thor; and Stark, I know he's an ass but, really? Negative Zone Prison? And Reed thought that was a good idea too?

Both sides looked like major jerkasses, and the story being "new" at the time doesn't excuse such poor, dumb character writing for it to happen.

They weren't, but Norman shouldn't have gotten into that position to begin with lol.

I think having characters outside of ASM solving it would make it too messy.

I mean sure, would make more sense, but it's kinda better to be more on the self contained side.

Of course, not like Spidey's own supporting cast had any braincells during that...

Funny thing is that, Miguel of all people started to suspect something was up, and in Superior#29, he even interrogates Spider-Otto, and he only met Peter one time before this... In Superior#30, after Spider-Otto leaves him behind he even says "I knew you were a poser!", while I don't think he was believing that right before (As he was demanding an explanation), he did consider the possibility, and, again, he only met Peter once before this lol.
    It's a shame.Glad Spencer fixed it.

Yeah, it's just weird.Not to mention MJ telling Peter that she prefers working for Tony than being w/ Peter, and Peter being extremely hotheaded w/ tony at the start.Slott loved degrading Peter.

It's not even obvious, the amounts of time he said Woman or superior was just.....

Oh yeah, they definitely should have had better motivations.

Facts, and Peter should have been a big part of the event.New Avengers both cage and barton had arcs w/ Norman and Peter was sidelined, again it was by Bendis who has a massive cage bias so.....

Fair enough, but characters in story were dumbed down too much, way too much.

Facts, I thought he was coming from the future to save Peter.....

It's a shame.Glad Spencer fixed it.
    Yeah, if it were BND Felicia, I bet she wouldn't care that Peter made her forget that he once revealed his secret identity to her, while had her be really saddened that he never revealed his identity to her again, was nice.

And then Kindred has that scene where it sounds like he's jealous, so that was funny too lol.

Yeah, it's just weird.Not to mention MJ telling Peter that she prefers working for Tony than being w/ Peter, and Peter being extremely hotheaded w/ tony at the start.Slott loved degrading Peter.
    Peter was being a manchild when competing with Tony and MJ was just being a bitch for no reason (Because apparently Tony not having a secret identity makes life easier, even though she left New York because she decided that being near a super-hero was too much, and Tony's life is dangerous anyways so she's a hypocrite)... Yeah, not a good time for either of them lol.

To think Tony looked like the most mature one there.

It's not even obvious, the amounts of time he said Woman or superior was just.....
    Yeah was just bad.

Facts, and Peter should have been a big part of the event.New Avengers both cage and barton had arcs w/ Norman and Peter was sidelined, again it was by Bendis who has a massive cage bias so.....
    Yeah I think in the end it was Cage and Jones who took down Norman? Been a while, just know Spidey didn't do much lol.

Fair enough, but characters in story were dumbed down too much, way too much.
    Yeah it's a problem with Slott's writing style, he changes characters for the sake of making a story happen, Superior needs everyone to be a moron? It'll happen, story needs Peter to be a manchild to fight Iron Man? It will happen... This can be beneficial to the characters too, Spider-Island needed MJ to be, MJ, and she was written well there (Though I think she was too competent with the spider-powers she just got), but, yeah it's definitely a double edged sword.

Facts, I thought he was coming from the future to save Peter.....
    Was to save himself if I'm not wrong, I think Spider-Otto was about to kill Miguel's grandfather.

Why do I, personally, hate OMD?

Well I looked at what Peter did and... wondered what his Aunt May would think of it. And well what my own grandmother would think, and..... yeah....

The conclusion I came to is that May would tell Peter he'd made the worst decision of anyone's life, and want to undo the deal.

And THAT'S what I think should be the starting point of OMD...... May Parker telling her nephew Peter that he's the biggest idiot in the history of humanity.

Fantastic Member

Let's see lol

Venom and Carnage should be major villains for spider-man again.

Hobgoblin needs to be used far, far more, I've been following spider-man since issue 656 in 2011 and Roderick has been used once just before Dying Wish and the animated series made him one of my fav villains, i want him used more.

Aunt May should have stayed Dead after issue 400, she should have died instead of giving us the crap that was OMD and she should be killed off to let Peter move onto the next phase of his Life, she's the only 80 year old who gets younger every decade.

Peter and MJ need to be married again and we need to take the first step into their spider-family becoming main continuity.

Peter needs his "The Other" upgrades back
    Last edited by DrewHLMW; 09-26-2021 at 05:45 PM.