Page 112 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2628

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

I think the Amazing Spiderman movies are better then the Toby Movies and MCU movies.

I think it was pretty bold to start with The Lizard as a big screen villain. Someone who outside the comics and fan base is not really well know. And they did it very well.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think the Amazing Spiderman movies are better then the Toby Movies and MCU movies.

I think it was pretty bold to start with The Lizard as a big screen villain. Someone who outside the comics and fan base is not really well know. And they did it very well.
    I thought the first one was a good character study for Peter. But I'm mixed on the Lizard personally. Conners is the first antivillian in superhero films but the Lizard felt out of place in this take. Ironically he would've worked better in the MCU. It's less grounded and it already has the Hulk running around so it's less of a stretch.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-10-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Amazing Spider-man 2 is barely in second place for me. Spider-man 2 and Doc Ock barely takes first place, but just barely. The first ASM was a little too angry and violent of Spidey for me... understandably I suppose, but I also hated that redesigned costume... but by ASM2 they nailed it. Perfect costume, Perfect attitude. GREAT chemistry with Peter and Gwen, and Peter and Harry... A few weird story choices, but for a 5th movie, it was nice to see a bit unexpected.

Really, the moment Spider-man helps a kid against some bullies and then geeks out over his science project just made me love Garfield's Spider-man more than any others. Attacking Electro with a fire hose.... After swiping a Fireman's helmet was icing on the cake.

Extra bonus for deciding that he needed to break up with his girlfriend to protect her.... and NOT immediately start dating someone ELSE. That's a trap that EVERY Superhero seems to fall into and frustrates me to no end.

As for Lizard? I don't think I'd call it bold... almost the opposite. They had been teasing Dr. Connors in at least Spider-man 2. So adding a villain that was already set up in the previous movies is almost cheating it's also a good way to bridge the gap.

The worst stories are the ones that focus too much on his relationships.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Yeah, I'm honestly tired of the Spider-Man soap operas that were popular until people began to obsess about them. I would prefer if Peter didn't have a personal connection with his villains.

PS4 Doc Ock was massively overrated.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Maximum Carnage was a decent story idea. The problem is it is far too long and bloated. Not only that, but the characterisation doesn't flow from issue to issue. One minute Peter is against the team up with Venom, then the next he is for it. That continues for the 14 issues it runs for. Now if it had been 8 issues, it would have been much tighter. That's my gripe with it. Which is a similar one to Blood And Thunder for Thor (let's be honest, that was **** regardless) and X-Cutioner's Song across the X-titles.
    Well, Spider-Man is conflicted. He wants to believe that there is another way to stop Carnage then killing him but when he sees no other option he sides with Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Which ones are you thinking of? I can think of some good stories that focused almost exclusively on relationships.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

There's one thing I really liked about Maximum Carnage that I don't think enough people comment on.

It was a Spider-man event where Spider-man led a big group of hereos without it ever loosing focus on him.

It feels like these days if they tried to do that, the story would involve the Avengers or the "Spider-family" but back then, it was just Spider-man man and this random group of weirdos that he just happens to get together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There's one thing I really liked about Maximum Carnage that I don't think enough people comment on.

It was a Spider-man event where Spider-man led a big group of hereos without it ever loosing focus on him.

It feels like these days if they tried to do that, the story would involve the Avengers or the "Spider-family" but back then, it was just Spider-man man and this random group of weirdos that he just happens to get together.
    Well, back then Spidey wasn’t depicted as inexperienced or even incompetent in order to elevate some second-string characters that Marvel wanted to increase interest in.

I agree with Andrew Garfield: Spider-Man should be bisexual.

He swings both ways.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

Is liking the 90s Spider-Ben era still considered controversial, or has that shifted to a more mainstream view now?

Ive loved Ben Since the start. but then again The Clone Saga is one of my favorite stories in Spiderman.

if I had to rank my Spidermen I would do

Peter
    Ben
    Superior (Ock)
    Kaine
    Miles (But in all fairness to miles I dont think he is bad. I just started reading him after trying a few years ago and I am enjoying what I am reading now that I started in the Ultimate Universe and know what he is about) so he may move past Kaine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Ive loved Ben Since the start. but then again The Clone Saga is one of my favorite stories in Spiderman.

if I had to rank my Spidermen I would do

Peter
    Ben
    Superior (Ock)
    Kaine
    Miles (But in all fairness to miles I dont think he is bad. I just started reading him after trying a few years ago and I am enjoying what I am reading now that I started in the Ultimate Universe and know what he is about) so he may move past Kaine.
    Good ranking. Forgot Miguel though.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Good ranking. Forgot Miguel though.

I didnt rank him because I have only read a couple issues of him when he was in Superior Spiderman. I cant rank him till I read more then 4 or 5 issues of him being a guest in someone else's book

I have a ten issue rule before I let myself say if I like a person or not.