Page 114 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2628
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    I didn't think clarifying when I started reading needed fact checking.
    If you wanted to claim there was a point that MJ wasn’t a major prominent character and you chose that then I would say it needed fact checking. As the fact that it’s adaptations that created that impression.

Just put it out there to say that I have no strong inclination toward any one particular relationship for Peter. I only have a disdain for MJ because she was the main love interest for 20 years
    She was the major love interest since issue 15 when Aunt May said she would be the girl Peter would marry someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Also Dunst is just a terrible person.Wanted as much Money as Tobey(she was paid a grwat amount, pretty sure she got paid more than Andrew Garfield)and her idea for the next movie in Raimi-verse was kill Peter and MJ raises a Spider-baby.She also called MCU a cashgrab and "we did it best, they are just milking it dry".
    That's it? I thought she'd actually done something horrible like harassment or killing someone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I haven’t read it in over a decade and I’m not going to spend an hour or so rereading it just to give you a point-by-point rundown on why I thought it sucked. It just did imo. Fwiw, I recall the dialogue being particularly bad.

You liked it? Great. I’m not telling you not to like it. That’s the wonderful thing about opinions… we all have our own. Believe me, I like plenty of stuff other people don’t. Moving on.
    it has gotten better dude

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's actually hilarious how in the entire trilogy, Peter and MJ have about as much chemistry as throwing manure in food, meanwhile he has more chemistry with Betty, who has less than 5 minutes of screen time in the entire trilogy.
    Absolutely agreed

I don't even like 616 Betty, or care much about her in general, so when rewatching some scenes she's in, I was surprised how fucking adorable she is too lol.
    Never cared for comic Betty till I started associating her w/ the Raimi version tbh, Raimi nailed the side characters.Even Landlord Ditkovich was made human.And any person who offers chocolate cake and cookies to you is someone you should keep in your friend circle.

Yeah, Raimi's MJ is wack, she's both meh as a character and terrible as a love interest, the exact opposite of 616 MJ lol.
    On god, I'm never not surprised by how much they can take such a good comic character and do this to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's it? I thought she'd actually done something horrible like harassment or killing someone.
    If working in what's loosely defined as "media" has taught me anything, asking for equal pay is far worse than harassing someone.

The more you know.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    If working in what's loosely defined as "media" has taught me anything, asking for equal pay is far worse than harassing someone.

The more you know.
    She was asking for equal pay to the main character... I hope I don't need to explain how ridiculous that is.

"The pay disparity between me and Spider-Man was very extreme," the 39-year-old actress said, referring to Maguire. "I didn’t even think about it. I was just like, 'Oh yeah, Tobey [Maguire] is playing Spider-Man.' But you know who was on the cover of the second Spider-Man poster? Spider-Man and ME."

The difference in screen time alone makes this a false equivalence.

Andrew Garfield got payed 500k for TASM(and 1 million from TASM2 but not confirmed) whereas Dunst got around 10 Million from SM2 alone.

And Tom got payed 250k(civil war)+ 500k(homecoming)+ 4 million(for FFH) coming to a sum total of 4.75 million(IW and endgame pay hasn't been revealed yet).Not even HALF of what Dunst made in 1 Movie.

They were Spider-man and yet made less in all these movies combined(1.5 M + 4.75 M= 6.25 Million) than Dunst did in 1 Spider-man Movie...

I think she made 20 Million+ total from Spider-man, so I can't see how this is anything other than her being entitled
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-21-2021 at 11:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post

The more you know.
    Preach….

She was asking for equal pay to the main character... I hope I don't need to explain how ridiculous that is.

"The pay disparity between me and Spider-Man was very extreme," the 39-year-old actress said, referring to Maguire. "I didn’t even think about it. I was just like, 'Oh yeah, Tobey [Maguire] is playing Spider-Man.' But you know who was on the cover of the second Spider-Man poster? Spider-Man and ME."

The difference in screen time alone makes this a false equivalence.

Andrew Garfield got payed 500k for TASM(and 1 million from TASM2 but not confirmed) whereas Dunst got around 10 Million from SM2 alone.

And Tom got payed 250k(civil war)+ 500k(homecoming)+ 4 million(for FFH) coming to a sum total of 4.75 million(IW and endgame pay hasn't been revealed yet).Not even HALF of what Dunst made in 1 Movie.

They were Spider-man and yet made less in all these movies combined(1.5 M + 4.75 M= 6.25 Million) than Dunst did in 1 Spider-man Movie...

I think she made 20 Million+ total from Spider-man, so I can't see how this is anything other than her being entitled
    Holy ****! She got that much for a superhero love interest role back in 2004?! That's crazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Holy ****! She got that much for a superhero love interest role back in 2004?! That's crazy.
    Not exactly.

Mary Jane by Kirsten Dunst was a bigger deal than other superhero love interests that came before.

You look at Superman, Margot Kidder was the love interest for Superman 1, 2, but then she was relegated in the later movies. In the case of Batman, he had a new love interest in all of his films up to that point.

But for Spider-Man, Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane was central for the entire trilogy, there was never anyone else. Those movies were marketed and sold as a superhero romance.

As Kirsten Dunst said on the poster for Spider-Man 2, it was her and Spider-Man.

What she meant was that it was her and Spider-Man, and not her and Tobey Maguire. She was the performer without the mask who got to command the movie poster.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not exactly.

Mary Jane by Kirsten Dunst was a bigger deal than other superhero love interests that came before.

You look at Superman, Margot Kidder was the love interest for Superman 1, 2, but then she was relegated in the later movies. In the case of Batman, he had a new love interest in all of his films up to that point.

But for Spider-Man, Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane was central for the entire trilogy, there was never anyone else. Those movies were marketed and sold as a superhero romance.

As Kirsten Dunst said on the poster for Spider-Man 2, it was her and Spider-Man.

What she meant was that it was her and Spider-Man, and not her and Tobey Maguire. She was the performer without the mask who got to command the movie poster.
    Still her complaining about "equal pay" is ridiculous

And again even though this is a faulty comparison we can entertain it. Andrew +Tom in all their moves haven't made close to what Dunst made in just 1 of Spider-mans.

I think we can all agree they played bigger roles in their movies than Dunst did in the trilogy.Yet they get payed far far less when having far far more screen time/posters/etc.

And also stunts,etc. which Tobey, Andrew and Tom had to do far more than Dunst.Their job was/is far more difficult

Looking at it anyway I can't find a single reason to justify her complaint

BANNED

Still her complaining about "equal pay" is ridiculous

And again even though this is a faulty comparison we can entertain it. Andrew +Tom in all their moves haven't made close to what Dunst made in just 1 of Spider-mans.
    They're British.

Being cast in a mainstream Hollywood movie means they can be bought on the cheap and leveraged into "once in a lifetime" situation. I mean why do you think so many limeys are cast as Americans in movies lately, it's because you can buy those guys cheaply, you know outsourcing.

The cast of the Spider-Man movies though (barring Molina) are 100% Americans, so they know how to get agents who can squeeze the bosses out for a bigger cut, capisce.

I think we can all agree they played bigger roles in their movies than Dunst did in the trilogy.Yet they get payed far far less when having far far more screen time/posters/etc.
    Kirsten Dunst before appearing in Spider-Man 1 had success as a child actor (Jumanji, Interview with the Vampire, Small Soldiers), she also appeared in critically acclaimed films with name directors (Sofia Coppola's Virgin Suicides, The Cat's Meow by Peter Bogdanovich), and after the Spider-Man movies she appeared in notable films and won an award for acting at the Cannes film festival for Melancholia.

Doubt either Garfield and Holland put together can claim to have a career like that so far. Garfield comes close admittedly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I’m legit surprised she got paid that much.

Her agent got her a pretty decent deal. $10 million as a co-lead in any movie is pretty massive.

I won’t call her a terrible person or anything though. She’s entitled to her own feelings and opinions.

There’s been cases where other characters in superhero movies make more than the main character. Batman, the first Iron Man and the first Superman are classic examples.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-21-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Holy sh*t you're actually buying this... She's demanding to be payed just as much as the main character who has far more screen time and a more dangerous job w/ the stunts as well.

They're British.

Being cast in a mainstream Hollywood movie means they can be bought on the cheap and leveraged into "once in a lifetime" situation. I mean why do you think so many limeys are cast as Americans in movies lately, it's because you can buy those guys cheaply, you know outsourcing.

The cast of the Spider-Man movies though (barring Molina) are 100% Americans, so they know how to get agents who can squeeze the bosses out for a bigger cut, capisce.
    Cool, all the other points and the common sense that the main character w/ much more screen time and a more dangerous job gets paid more than the love interest w/ way less screen time still stand.

Also funny how your on board w/ this twisted version of equal pay yet have no problem w/ actors being payed much less because they are from a different country.... even after they've proved their worth like Tom.

Kirsten Dunst before appearing in Spider-Man 1 had success as a child actor (Jumanji, Interview with the Vampire, Small Soldiers), she also appeared in critically acclaimed films with name directors (Sofia Coppola's Virgin Suicides, The Cat's Meow by Peter Bogdanovich), and after the Spider-Man movies she appeared in notable films and won an award for acting at the Cannes film festival for Melancholia.
    Cool, hence she got payed so much(More than triple the amount of 2 Spider-man's whole career's so far.)I'm not saying she doesn't deserve what she got, I'm saying asking for the same money as Tobey is ridiculous.

Doubt either Garfield and Holland put together can claim to have a career like that so far. Garfield comes close admittedly.
    Yet their pay doesn't...

Dunst's version of equal pay means the unnamed Shield agent in FFH who brought Peter the stealth suit should be paid just as much as Ned Leeds's actor.

I... do people not understand a more prominent role + much higher screen time + more dangerous and difficult job means higher pay.
    Stuff like this is why people think actresses asking for actual equal pay are talking BS, when they are the actual ones dealing w/ that problem.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-21-2021 at 12:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I won’t call her a terrible person or anything though. She’s entitled to her own feelings and opinions.
    Heaven forbid a woman from having ambition or daring big, lol.

There’s been cases where other characters in superhero movies make more than the main character. Batman, the first Iron Man and the first Superman are classic examples.
    Well in Superman 1, Christopher Reeve coming in was not a name actor as compared to Gene Hackman (oscar winner) and Marlon F--king Brando (aka God of Actors). From Brando's perspective, he was there to sell toys so he might as well squeeze the toysellers of what they got. Brando was known for taking pay cuts and appearing in movies that were independently made or had political causes he cared for (like BURN!) but Superman was obviously not like that.

In the case of Batman, Jack Nicholson was well Jack Nicholson.

Holy sh*t you're actually buying this...
    Um...yeah.

She's demanding to be payed just as much as the main character who has far more screen time and a more dangerous job w/ the stunts as well.
    First of all, all actors have stunts for all kinds of things (such as opening doors and other things that might cause accidents and stub toes here and there). In the case of Tobey Maguire, he didn't do all his stunts on the first Spider-Man film. Nor did Willem Dafoe. And as for danger, well it wasn't like he was actually swinging across a bridge or on a real moving train. That applies also for Tom Holland (Green Screen Boy) and Garfield.

Neither of the three Spider-Man actors are Tom Cruise (a genuine madman), let's be real.

Also funny how your on board w/ this twisted version of equal pay yet have no problem w/ actors being payed much less because they are from a different country.... even after they've proved their worth like Tom.
    My point is very simply...don't hate the player, hate the game.

From an actor if you are asked to appear in toy commercials you are doing it for money so you milk it as much as possible. If you're British and aren't able to milk the company as much, well sucks to be you.

As Matt LeBlanc (Joey) said you're an idiot if you are in a position to get higher salary if you don't get the big brass ring.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-...lary_n_6443690

Cool, hence she got payed so much(More than triple the amount of 2 Spider-man's whole career's so far.I'm not saying she doesn't deserve what she got, I'm saying asking for the same money as Tobey is ridiculous.
    Well you know Maguire nearly got fired from Spider-Man 2 over pay issues too.
    https://screencrush.com/tobey-maguir...al-spider-man/

That's probably why Sony went with the limey pool after that.

Dunst's version of equal pay means the unnamed Shield agent in FFH who brought Peter the stealth suit should be paid just as much as Ned Leeds's actor.
    How exactly? This makes no sense.

Stuff like this is why people think actresses asking for actual equal pay are talking BS, when they are the actual ones dealing w/ that problem.
    You don't really know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-21-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Heaven forbid a woman from having ambition or daring big, lol.
    She's not being daring or ambitious.If she was she would have tried to negotiate for a higher price, which we know she didn't because we know for a fact only Tobey did that for SM2 and Dunst didn't.

As you stated she had experience and wasn't a newbie at the scene.Then again she'd have to convince them and her reasoning isn't really all there.

And using Gender as an excuse is... ugh.

->Oh yeah he may have been the main character, and he did have a lot more screen time than me and his job was more dangerous and difficult than mine.And maybe he actually did negotiate for a bigger paycheck and not talk about it more than a decade later.But none of that matters since he's a man and I'm a women, so that's the only relevant factor.

->Oh you don't agree w/ me, you just dislike ambitious and daring women.

(This last part is a bit sarcastic btw, and not meant to be taken at personally.And only for Kristen's case, and not for actual pay gaps in the medium)
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-21-2021 at 12:36 PM.