Page 12 of 176 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TrillxRegime View Post
    Cool thread. I had fun reading through all of your opinions.

1. Ultimate Spider-Man through Ultimatum were some of the best Spider-Man stories I've ever read. Got bored when they started recreating "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends."

2. After sitting and reading Superior Spider-Man from start to finish I really enjoyed it. Goblin Nation was one of the coolest concepts, but I would've liked it if it played out similar to TDKR. (Not Peter retiring, just him being defeated and having to fight back without the Otto stuff.)

3. Amazing Spider-Man 2 is my favorite Spider-Man film and one of my top 10 CBM. I enjoyed it more than DOFP.

4. 1610 Norman is better than 616 Norman in my opinion. He's more unhinged and chaotic like the Joker, which is how I think the Green Goblin should be. Not a complete clone of the Joker just the unpredictability of what he'll do next.

5. Bendis and Slott are my two favorite Spider-Man writers. I generally enjoy their stories more.

6. I like the Ultimate version of his origin the most. I like the idea of the Marvel Universe having an "arms race" trying to recreate the Super Soldier Serum rather than a random science experiment.

7. If Spectacular Spider-Man had the art of Young Justice it would have been perfect to me. The stories and characterization were already excellent.

8. Venom and Carnage have rarely been given a good story, but there is so much potential there.

9. Neil Patrick Harris is my favorite Spider-Man voice actor.
    I'm not the only one? Sweet!

request-five.jpg

Josh Keaton's not bad, but NPH absolutely nails the comedy aspect of Spider-Man.
    Last edited by The Red Monk; 06-05-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

-Black Cat should never regress to being a villain again.
    -Anna Maria is a fantastic addition to Spider-Man's supporting cast and I hope she sticks around.
    -Gwen Stacy should have come back after House of M.
    -Dan Slott is one of the best Spider-Man writers, period.

It's probably a good thing that Daredevil doesn't know Spider-Man's secret identity. It was just too easy for Peter to get an alibi.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's probably a good thing that Daredevil doesn't know Spider-Man's secret identity. It was just too easy for Peter to get an alibi.
    Plus he always had a lawyer available whenever he needed it.

Dan Slott is one of the worst Spider-Man writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    -Dan Slott is one of the best Spider-Man writers, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Dan Slott is one of the worst Spider-Man writers.
    One of them is controversial, the other is a shared opinion by many.
    Now the question remains, which one is which?

-As I said before, Peter shouldn't have grown up.
    -The black costume is cool but come on, the Iron spider and Spider-man 2099 costumes are better!
    -Kravens last hunt is still a brilliant story, but it ain't the best. I still don't see how it got voted to the # 1 spider-man through the CBR master list
    -Peter's love life is extremely far fetched
    -As a villain, Carnage is better then Venom
    - John Romita sr is still a great artist and one of the best, but he isn't the greatest.
    -JMS's run was pretty much ruined in the end. Everything that he wrote in the end was determined by events and crossovers.
    -it sucked at first but Brand new day did have some great stories.
    Last edited by THE DANGER965; 08-08-2014 at 02:50 AM.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

The first is a bit mix with Avengers: Norma should have stayed as Iron Patirot and remained as an Avenger/SHIELD villain, he should have not been the Goblin King.
    I like Carlie Cooper.
    The Lizard eating Billy Connors was too depressing.
    Superior Spider-Man should have not happen, #700 should have ended with Peter getting his body back and saving the day.
    I don't like the pairing of Flash and Betty Brant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I don't like the pairing of Flash and Betty Brant.
    I never liked Flash x Betty either. I felt that Peter Parker x Betty Brant worked better on all levels as it had with Mary Jane. With Flash, it felt forced, as well as a lack of real chemistry between them. The same could be said about Flash x Felicia Hardy. Even in the MC2 universe when they married, she left him for another woman.

I wondered how things might have turned out for Felicia if she married Peter Parker(if he was single at the time) and had a daughter with him? Would she had left him for another woman? Given the success of Peter's marriage to Mary Jane in MC2, it's likely that Felicia and Peter would work to make their marriage work.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Here's a controversial opinion, everybody (everybody, even you) moves on from OMD. No more linking it to every discussion. No more saying Peter's soul is in Hell. No more saying "I haven't read a Spider-Man story since OMD" (all the while, commenting on Spidey stories you "haven't read"). No more saying "people won't read Spider-Man because he made a deal with the "devil" (speak for yourself). Just...no more. Let it go. I don't like OMD either, but I don't think about or spend time on things I dislike. But that's just me.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Here's a controversial opinion, everybody (everybody, even you) moves on from OMD. No more linking it to every discussion. No more saying Peter's soul is in Hell. No more saying "I haven't read a Spider-Man story since OMD" (all the while, commenting on Spidey stories you "haven't read"). No more saying "people won't read Spider-Man because he made a deal with the "devil" (speak for yourself). Just...no more. Let it go. I don't like OMD either, but I don't think about or spend time on things I dislike. But that's just me.
    Amen. Its kinda sad that readers still wont pick up a Spider-man comic through a story that was told years ago. We've had so many great stories since OMD to the point when its now stupid to neglect them over that storyline.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

Astonishing Member

I think that OMD is controversial to this day is because of how the story was handled from start to finish. I feel that the best way to solve this problem was for Peter to travel back to time to the Marvel Universe of 1983(that would have prevented the events that lead the Kingpin to kill his loved ones). This way, Roger Stern could be allowed to continue his original relationship set up for Spider-Man x Black Cat, as well as his planned set up for Peter Parker x Mary Jane. Thus bypassing Bill Mantlo's version on those events. But it would also mean that the whole Marvel Universe would have to be reset to that era as well. Thus Earth-616 would become Earth-615. But in the end, we might have gotten something acceptable than we do now because there would be no OMIT or BND...

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that OMD is controversial to this day is because of how the story was handled from start to finish. I feel that the best way to solve this problem was for Peter to travel back to time to the Marvel Universe of 1983(that would have prevented the events that lead the Kingpin to kill his loved ones). This way, Roger Stern could be allowed to continue his original relationship set up for Spider-Man x Black Cat, as well as his planned set up for Peter Parker x Mary Jane. Thus bypassing Bill Mantlo's version on those events. But it would also mean that the whole Marvel Universe would have to be reset to that era as well. Thus Earth-616 would become Earth-615. But in the end, we might have gotten something acceptable than we do now because there would be no OMIT or BND...
    It always goes back to Black Cat with you...

Anyway, your "solution" for this "problem" is needlessly complex. And actually as bad as OMIT because it's more or less the same thing. A retcon to make a story work for you. A simple way to make a story that doesn't work for acceptable for you is to ignore it. I do it all of the time. I believe the term is "headcanon". It's not like Joey Q came to my place and destroyed my Spider-Man comics that had MJ and Peter married in them.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    There are some Deb Whitman fans on this board. (Deb is cute.)
    I was a fan of the entire supporting cast at the time when Deb Whitman was introduced. Everyone, that is, except for Deb Whitman. She seemed to be a representation of everything a woman should not be in a comic book.

Astonishing Member

It always goes back to Black Cat with you...

Anyway, your "solution" for this "problem" is needlessly complex. And actually as bad as OMIT because it's more or less the same thing. A retcon to make a story work for you. A simple way to make a story that doesn't work for acceptable for you is to ignore it. I do it all of the time. I believe the term is "headcanon". It's not like Joey Q came to my place and destroyed my Spider-Man comics that had MJ and Peter married in them.
    It happens all the time. Especially with retcons. But going back on topic, what's done is done regarding OMD. I am not concerned about the aftermath. Spider-Man is selling like hotcakes, despite it being so controversial with the Black Cat decent into villainhood.