Page 122 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2633

One More Day was quite ambitious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Well, this is a controversial opinion thread.

My take is that OMD is not ambtious (I know. Shocking, right?), but BND was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    For the record, I started reading ASM at a time Mary Jane was written out of the book after Peter proposed to her the first time, so for me Peter was allowed to date around and then the Black Cat flirtations started. Plus in reprints I read, MJ was around but Peter was with Gwen.

For me, when OMD came around and BND followed, it was a breath of fresh air. I wish we could've gotten more of Betty as Peter's confidante after the issue she likened their relationship to a brother/sister type. And I dug Carlie but Slott rarely let her have page time alone with Peter without MJ butting in.

Happy 15th Anniversary next year, One More Day
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just read Back in Black and One more Day. I enjoyed the heck out of both of them I am a couple issues into Brand new Day. And ya alls is wrong. It is pretty fun.

J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶"̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶"̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶"̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶"̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶
    I think you mean "four".

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think you mean "four".
    Who's the fourth?

Astonishing Member

Who's the fourth?
    Me.

I don't really like OMD but I love the BND storyline up to Spider-Island.

I mean, here, sure, Gwen is talked about more how she actually was than anything else (At times demonized too much, but that happens anywhere), but public perception about Gwen was for a long time that she's the perfect love interest who Peter lost, and MJ may or may not measure up to her, and similarly, marriage may be talked about like it was horrible, or fuckin' perfect.

Basically people may like to talk in extremes lol.

And the sugarcoating comment is about how I think in particular, 'cause I try to learn how stuff actually is like.
    If this perception ever existed, I don't think it lasted for particularly long. Everything I've seen about Gwen before the 2000s, from fans who read the book when she was alive or were closer to that period, suggests she was divisive at best. If anything, it was damn near impossible to find anyone with a kind word to say about Gwen before the 2010s. Don't even get me started on how petty MJ fans acted when the ASM movies originally came out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I like Marisa Tomei Aunt May
    I like her too. It's just sad that she couldn't be used more spoilers:
    I only saw the first two movies.
    end of spoilers. Her scene where she confronts Peter about his disappearances was great with her feeling vitriolic.

Me.

I don't really like OMD but I love the BND storyline up to Spider-Island.
    I mean I was talking about OMD, not BND, so it's still 3 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If this perception ever existed, I don't think it lasted for particularly long. Everything I've seen about Gwen before the 2000s, from fans who read the book when she was alive or were closer to that period, suggests she was divisive at best. If anything, it was damn near impossible to find anyone with a kind word to say about Gwen before the 2010s. Don't even get me started on how petty MJ fans acted when the ASM movies originally came out.
    Of course the perception existed, and it was for a while too since we have fans who think Gwen is a saint and writers who did so too, fans who actually bothered to read the comics Gwen is in know what she was really like, but those who didn't (Meaning, the vast majority of Spidey fans), may think that she was some great love interest.

My take is that OMD is not ambtious (I know. Shocking, right?), but BND was.
    Eh they both were.

I'm fine with Peter being friends with Ned. Having Ned being an aspiring reporter gives Peter a more interesting reason to join the Bugle. I'd probably solve the Ganke v. Ned debate by just having them be brothers or cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm fine with Peter being friends with Ned. Having Ned being an aspiring reporter gives Peter a more interesting reason to join the Bugle. I'd probably solve the Ganke v. Ned debate by just having them be brothers or cousins.
    O̶r̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶s̶.̶

O̶r̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶s̶.̶
    Sure.

Make the Jackal the new Big bad.

I mean I was talking about OMD, not BND, so it's still 3 lol.

Of course the perception existed, and it was for a while too since we have fans who think Gwen is a saint and writers who did so too, fans who actually bothered to read the comics Gwen is in know what she was really like, but those who didn't (Meaning, the vast majority of Spidey fans), may think that she was some great love interest.
    And if they do, so what of it? How is liking Gwen as a love interest hurting anyone? She wasn't a villain, she wasn't abusive towards Peter, she's hardly the first character whose good qualities people prefer to focus on. This feels like an inability of Gwen's critics to just live and let live.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-19-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Sure.

Make the Jackal the new Big bad.
    If they actually made Ned and Ganke into clones to build up Jackal, I don't know how I'd react, well, probably would laugh in bafflement at making Ned and Ganke into clones, would be a weird meta joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And if they do, so what of it? How is liking Gwen as a love interest hurting anyone? She wasn't a villain, she wasn't abusive towards Peter, she's hardly the first character whose good qualities people prefer to focus on. This feels like an inability of Gwen's critics to just live and let live.
    What of it what? The whole point is that there are fans with the perception that Gwen was a great love interest, they just didn't know what she was like, I was just pointing that out and nothing else.