Page 135 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2637

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I remember that. That was odd.

Like, I guess I don't mind them being together, but the whole thing just feels too much like a "will they, won't they" kind of thing. If they're together I just don't want them to make it such a huge thing. I just kind of want it to just be if that makes any sense. Treat it like it's special because of course it is, but not make every story revolve around it, you know?
    I totally agree. The “will they won’t they” is so tiring and boring. Its the biggest problem with post-OMD status quo. I liked it when they were just together and it was just treated as normal and it was just living everyday life. Not constant teasing of taking their relationship to the next level just to pull the rug out from under Peter. It takes something that should be fun and enjoyable, and just makes it annoying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I totally agree. The “will they won’t they” is so tiring and boring. Its the biggest problem with post-OMD status quo. I liked it when they were just together and it was just treated as normal and it was just living everyday life. Not constant teasing of taking their relationship to the next level just to pull the rug out from under Peter. It takes something that should be fun and enjoyable, and just makes it annoying.
    I understand how you feel. Nobody likes a reset.

Off topic, I prefer characters to have superpowers rather than rely on gadgets. It’s why I prefer the Ultimate versions of Goblin rather than stuff like the Raimi version where it was just a guy in a suit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    THIS

Just get them married

BANNED

I dont think Peter needs to live or crimefight in new york anymore, almost every hero worth a damn works in new york and are much more beloved than Peter is. The cycle must end and Peter in order to grow needs to make a name for himself were his efforts are appreciated for as long as he lives by the city masses he saves everyday, like dc heroes and their respective cities. I would want him and mj to move out the big apple and maybe a place where street level crime and threats are more vicious than in new york(especially since the xmen are handling the streets nowadays), so maybe Los Angles since it symbolizes great power and yet almost zero responsibility based on how famous its culture is to the world yet its responsible for alot of corruption. Plus i just wanna see Spidey in hollywood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    THIS

Just get them married
    They were married, it just didnt stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    They were married, it just didnt stick.
    Well, it did, just couldn't withstand forces outside their control...

Astonishing Member

I dont think Peter needs to live or crimefight in new york anymore, almost every hero worth a damn works in new york and are much more beloved than Peter is. The cycle must end and Peter in order to grow needs to make a name for himself were his efforts are appreciated for as long as he lives by the city masses he saves everyday, like dc heroes and their respective cities. I would want him and mj to move out the big apple and maybe a place where street level crime and threats are more vicious than in new york(especially since the xmen are handling the streets nowadays), so maybe Los Angles since it symbolizes great power and yet almost zero responsibility based on how famous its culture is to the world yet its responsible for alot of corruption. Plus i just wanna see Spidey in hollywood.
    I half agree with what you said. I honestly don’t know why being a part of New York is so important to the Spider-Man fandom and can easily see Peter operating somewhere else that has a lot of high buildings and towers that he can swing from.

Seriously, what makes Peter’s story culturally New York?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it did, just couldn't withstand forces outside their control...
    Yeah THIS, the mf Devil broke them up and they still found a way back to each other

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I half agree with what you said. I honestly don’t know why being a part of New York is so important to the Spider-Man fandom and can easily see Peter operating somewhere else that has a lot of high buildings and towers that he can swing from.

Seriously, what makes Peter’s story culturally New York?
    New York is Peter's home. It's where he grew up and where he's comfortable. Almost everyone he knows lives in New York. The idea that he would want to move somewhere else to be more appreciated seems like a major misunderstanding of the character. It's not looking to be appreciated. He doesn't need statues or a parade in his honor. In fact, if you gave him those things it would probably just make him feel more awkward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    New York is Peter's home. It's where he grew up and where he's comfortable. Almost everyone he knows lives in New York. The idea that he would want to move somewhere else to be more appreciated seems like a major misunderstanding of the character. It's not looking to be appreciated. He doesn't need statues or a parade in his honor. In fact, if you gave him those things it would probably just make him feel more awkward.
    I know. That’s why I said that I only half-agree with them.

While I don’t see why New York is so integral to the mythos, Peter doesn’t really have a strong reason for leaving New York unless it’s to be with MJ or a really good job comes along.

If anyone needs to leave New York it's Miles. I have been saying this since the character crossed over to the main Marvel Universe. Having two people calling themselves Spider-Man in New York makes no sense. Come up with an excuse to send Miles to Chicago. Chicago gains a badly needed hero and Miles gains a place where he can grow and be more than "the other Spider-Man"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If anyone needs to leave New York it's Miles. I have been saying this since the character crossed over to the main Marvel Universe. Having two people calling themselves Spider-Man in New York makes no sense. Come up with an excuse to send Miles to Chicago. Chicago gains a badly needed hero and Miles gains a place where he can grow and be more than "the other Spider-Man"
    Seconded, he needs smth that makes him smth more than "other Spider-man"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Yet another “I want the status quo” back argument.

And people wonder why comics never change.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yet another “I want the status quo” back argument.

And people wonder why comics never change.
    Hold up. Weren't you just saying that there was no reason for Peter to stay in new York and that he could leave? Now you're saying that Miles leaving would be a bad idea? Double standard much?

As for why Peter would stay in New York, he grew up there. He knows the city. Most of his friends and his one remaining family member lives there. He likes it there. There's very little reason for him to want to leave.

I think the location of NYC is important in the Spidey mythos. Peter is an NYC boy, and the atmosphere has always been part of his comics.
    I'm not bothered by Miles being there. It's a big city, and having him centrally located to where all the action goes on is convenient. But if a writer wanted to move Miles to another city it could be interesting to see him somewhere new where he wouldn't have so many other heroes around. It could give him a chance to develop more of his own space.