Page 14 of 176 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    She died at the start of Spider-Verse (actually a lead-in issue).
    So the Gwen clone is dead in the 616 universe? Can you tell me which book it was, I'd like to read it.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

Aunt May is an annoying old bag that needs to die that never did a damn thing for the character post silver age.

I want Peter and MJ Married again and there daughter found alive nothing wrong with that it worked for other major marvel characters why not them?

Doc Ock dick-ish-ness aside is the Best Spider-man.

I want Peter Parker to stay successful and keep Parker Industries and never ever go back to square one again he's a grown man and not a teenager anymore

I want him to use his full potential as Spider-man and as Peter Parker
    You'll Never See This Terrible Plot Twist Coming....

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAngryComicBookCritic View Post
    Aunt May is an annoying old bag that needs to die that never did a damn thing for the character post silver age.

I want Peter and MJ Married again and there daughter found alive nothing wrong with that it worked for other major marvel characters why not them?

Doc Ock dick-ish-ness aside is the Best Spider-man.

I want Peter Parker to stay successful and keep Parker Industries and never ever go back to square one again he's a grown man and not a teenager anymore

I want him to use his full potential as Spider-man and as Peter Parker
    Aunt May's "resurrection" was awesome, but the character was squandered until JMS' run. And now she's being squandered again ... I don't want to see her die, per se, but for goodness' sake, she was both relevant AND useful when she knew Peter was Spider-Man.

OMD needs to be overturned, fo'sho.

Doc Ock IS the best Spider-Man, and his dickishness was part of the character's appeal IMO.

Peter is indeed a grown-@$$ man and needs to start acting at least a little bit more like it. Buuuut that would upset the post-OMD status quo ... >

I don't want to see Peter as a billionaire CEO--let the man struggle a bit in business and in life--but I DEFINITELY want to see him at least try. Maybe have Parker Industries get bought out from under him by Oscorp ...
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Aunt May's "resurrection" was awesome, but the character was squandered until JMS' run. And now she's being squandered again ... I don't want to see her die, per se, but for goodness' sake, she was both relevant AND useful when she knew Peter was Spider-Man.

Doc Ock IS the best Spider-Man, and his dickishness was part of the character's appeal IMO.

Peter is indeed a grown-@$$ man and needs to start acting at least a little bit more like it. Buuuut that would upset the post-OMD status quo ... >

I don't want to see Peter as a billionaire CEO--let the man struggle a bit in business and in life--but I DEFINITELY want to see him at least try. Maybe have Parker Industries get bought out from under him by Oscorp ...
    Might be better if it was Alchemax.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post

1. Somewhat relevant during that run otherwise no but that version is gone now last time she was even remotely entertaining was when Mr. Negative made her evil otherwise she's pointless as can be plus I generally can't stand her so when she goes I'll be dancing on her grave (Well her death issue anyway)

2. Agreed

3. His dickishness had its moments where I loved it then it had those moments where I wanted to punch him in the face *Cough* first 3 issues of superior *Cough*

4. Screw the status quo it's stupid always has been and hinders character growth

5. NO! Parker industries stays no more Peter Parker being under someones boot heel in terms of career and personal life it's be done to death and I never ever want to see it again for him. He can struggle sure but I want to see him win this time cause that's a Peter Parker we've never seen where he's the boss and is on top and staying there cause he always sabotages himself never using his full potential.
    You'll Never See This Terrible Plot Twist Coming....

Instead of Otto deleting his consciousness to allow Peter to return, I think it would have been cool to see Peter and Ock work together to defeat Norman in the final part of the Goblin Nation storyline, while sharing Peter’s body. It could have been neat to see them working as a team with a common purpose, each contributing what made them unique as Spider-Man, while showing what they learned about each other over the course of the mega-arc.

I also think it would have been funny to see Superior end with the reverse of the beginning status quo: with Peter in control and ghost Ock as his evil “shoulder angel” constantly encouraging him to do the morally questionable thing (at least for a while).

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    Instead of Otto deleting his consciousness to allow Peter to return, I think it would have been cool to see Peter and Ock work together to defeat Norman in the final part of the Goblin Nation storyline, while sharing Peter’s body. It could have been neat to see them working as a team with a common purpose, each contributing what made them unique as Spider-Man, while showing what they learned about each other over the course of the mega-arc.

I also think it would have been funny to see Superior end with the reverse of the beginning status quo: with Peter in control and ghost Ock as his evil “shoulder angel” constantly encouraging him to do the morally questionable thing (at least for a while).
    Yes to all of this!!!! I hated that Ock just handed Peter the keys, as it were, and basically said, "Here's the mess I've made--YOU clean it up." I would have greatly preferred seeing them work together and THEN have Ock give Pete back his body.

The new incarnation of Norman Osborn, chamo-Norman, is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The new incarnation of Norman Osborn, chamo-Norman, is ridiculous.
    Yes to this as well. A desperate Norman needs to shoot up on Goblin formula ASAP, causing his healing factor to fix his face and re-sprout those glorious horizontal corn-rows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    She died at the start of Spider-Verse (actually a lead-in issue).

I thought the Gwen clone was shot and killed by a failed clone of herself called Abby around the time of the Grim Hunt business before Spider-Island.

The current relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man SUCKS and is shaping up to be one of the worst ever Spidey run.

Overall, Dan Slott has been one of the best Spidey writers of all time. However, he has passed his expiration date and it's time for a fresh, new writer on ASM.

Gwen Stacy's current popularity is more due too Emma Stone than anything else.

The Spider-Totem is a good story that shows why people love Peter as Spider-Man.

Peter was most relatable during JMS's run.

Superior has a chunk of plot holes.

Astonishing Member

The most controversial Spider-Man story was making the Black Cat into an unlikable villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The most controversial Spider-Man story was making the Black Cat into an unlikable villain.
    I started modding a few months after One More Day, so I'd argue that there have been more controversial stories.

I'm not sure the current Black Cat arc would be in the top ten.

Much more controversial stories would include the Death of Gwen Stacy, the wedding, Maximum Carnage, The Trial of Peter Parker, Revelations, JMS's 9/11 issue, Sins Past, One More Day, One Moment in Time and Dying Wish.

Keep in mind that controversial simply means that people are going to argue about it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    The current relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man SUCKS and is shaping up to be one of the worst ever Spidey run.

Overall, Dan Slott has been one of the best Spidey writers of all time. However, he has passed his expiration date and it's time for a fresh, new writer on ASM.
    That might be a very longtime before we get a new writer for ASM. But before we do, I hope that the Black Cat anti-hero status is restored as well as her memories of Peter Parker as Spider-Man because to me what kept her from becoming a supervillain was her unique relationship with him.