Page 146 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2633

Spider-girl is the best alternate Spider-man book. It was far more entertaining and better written than Ultimate, 2099, or any of the other not-616-Peter titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Spider-girl is the best alternate Spider-man book. It was far more entertaining and better written than Ultimate, 2099, or any of the other not-616-Peter titles.
    I agree with this. I am 15 issues into the first run and I am loving it. But then again I love all things MC2
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    I could prefer if Ben Reilly being the original and was there way it could have worked with spider man going on ?
    Absolutely!

The creative/editorial teams made a billion mistakes with the whole Clone/Ben sagas, but the biggest two were changing too much at once and removing Pete and MJ.

Fans like familiarity so if you're doing something as big as revealing the main character the audience followed for 20 years was a clone they need to be eased into the new guy and be reassured the other guy that they've loved all this time in't going away or be reduced/sidelined. We loved that guy and don't really know the other "real" guy.

Couple that with killing/changing a bunch of regular villains, new status quo, new supporting cast, new costume, new name (he kept Ben) and suddenly it feels like you're not reading a Spider-man book but a spin-off hero with the same powers.

All they needed to do was give two books to Pete and two books to Ben, keep their separate costumes (but drop the "Scarlet Spider" and both be Spider-man), have them crossover regularly, and they could have had a chance at an unmarried Spider-man AND two viable Spider-men.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I did a reread last year. I agree with this.

Gwen Stacy was kind of an unpleasant person in many ways and that made her interesting. I support women's rights but I also support women's wrongs, as they say.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

I dont understand the massive love fest some people have for Gwen. To me she was a boring character whose best story and most well known story was when she died. I cant think of many stories of hers that stand out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Peter really doesn't need to be settled down with one person, regardless of who that person is.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Spider-Girl is the true ending of the Spider-Man story.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Gwen Stacy was kind of an unpleasant person in many ways and that made her interesting. I support women's rights but I also support women's wrongs, as they say.
    With Gwen, she's either a saint or the worst person in the world with people. Rarely is there an in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont understand the massive love fest some people have for Gwen. To me she was a boring character whose best story and most well known story was when she died. I cant think of many stories of hers that stand out.
    Being killed made people overrate how interesting she was as a character is the reason.

The exact same thing thing happened with Aerith in Final Fantasy VII, with fans many years ago talking about how great and pure of a character she was, when that really wasn't the case, and from what I hear, the writers in other games did lean a bit into this "Aerith was pure and great" shit for a while lol.

Human species can have really funny cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    With Gwen, she's either a saint or the worst person in the world with people. Rarely is there an in-between.
    Yeah, in actuality she was just a really boring, generic love interest, with a headband and a tragic death, that's it, she was nice at times, a bitch at other times, but never goes too far in either direction.

And yes, that includes her hate for Spidey, ultimately he was an incompetent moron who made it look like Spidey was going around kidnapping Peter and extorting Peter for money, and that was before it looked like Spidey killed George, she had more than enough reasons to hate Spidey, unlike aunt May.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-16-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Im just Meh on her and voer the love fest. I dont have hate for her. She wasnt interesting enough for me to hate. She was just there for me. I didnt care one way or the other. I did hope she and Pety would break up. Wasnt expecting her to die.

Not a super huge fan of Peter and MJ either. But I do enjoy Charlie so who am I to judge.

I'm just waiting for the Wells run to be over by this point. It's the definition of "mid."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm just waiting for the Wells run to be over by this point. It's the definition of "mid."
    I don't know if I'd call this opinion controversial tqh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's the most uncontroversial opinion posted here since that guy who said MacFarlane and Bagley are great artists lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Spectacular Member

Gwen
    There are Gwen Stacy haters, but I think most of her detractors are just forceful in their claims that she lacks personality. When I read other people's comments, I often think, "Man, they don't let Gwen have anything." It still surprises me that some fans claim she could be replaced by any woman.

Gwen assaults demonstrators(who slandered Peter), tells picketers that protesting won't help, and backs fascists. Gwen Stacy behaved as befitted a spoiled daughter of a 1960s police captain. Her tolerance for some views was poor back then, but it has gotten worse over time.