Page 149 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2628

Everyone seems to rave over The Spierverse. But I didnt like into the Spiderverse at all. I was mostly bored with it and just wanted it to be over.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Everyone seems to rave over The Spierverse. But I didnt like into the Spiderverse at all. I was mostly bored with it and just wanted it to be over.
    I think it was too much of a good thing. Alt-Us are fun!... running through them and killing their heroes gets old fast.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Gwen Stacy never mattered, not even when she died.
    Ben Reilly should have permanently replaced Peter as Spider-Man.
    Peter and Mary Jane Parker should still be married.
    Mayday should have been allowed to live.
    Everyone J.M. DeMattis killed off should have stayed dead.
    One More Day has forever corrupted the concept of Earth-616 Spider-Man being a true hero let alone a "heroic archetype" or "chosen one".
    One More Day made Peter Parker unrelatable as a character.
    One More Day aged Peter far more than being married, having children or divorcing Mary Jane ever could have.
    The fact that failed love interest Carlie Cooper is based on Joe Quesada's daughter is creepy.
    Something Can Stop the Juggernaut should have been a pre-OMD story.
    Beyond is to Ben Reilly what One More Day was to Peter and Mary Jane.
    Miles needs to be slapped upside the head for wearing that horrible suit he's got on right now, it's a bad look.
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was the best Spider-Man movie of all time.

BANNED

I know it's got a plethora of problems but I think Slott's new book is still preferable to Wells

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Gwen Stacy never mattered, not even when she died.
    Ben Reilly should have permanently replaced Peter as Spider-Man.
    Peter and Mary Jane Parker should still be married.
    Mayday should have been allowed to live.
    Everyone J.M. DeMattis killed off should have stayed dead.
    One More Day has forever corrupted the concept of Earth-616 Spider-Man being a true hero let alone a "heroic archetype" or "chosen one".
    One More Day made Peter Parker unrelatable as a character.
    One More Day aged Peter far more than being married, having children or divorcing Mary Jane ever could have.
    The fact that failed love interest Carlie Cooper is based on Joe Quesada's daughter is creepy.
    Something Can Stop the Juggernaut should have been a pre-OMD story.
    Beyond is to Ben Reilly what One More Day was to Peter and Mary Jane.
    Miles needs to be slapped upside the head for wearing that horrible suit he's got on right now, it's a bad look.
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was the best Spider-Man movie of all time.
    Is there any proof Carlie is based on Quesada's daughter?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Is there any proof Carlie is based on Quesada's daughter?
    Oh, it looks like I got that part wrong. She's just named after her although I guess it's spelled differently? Eh, it doesn't matter I am still creeped out.

Max Dillon Electro is the least interesting OG Spidey foe. IDK why Spencer brought him back when Girl-Electro does his shtick about as well.
    On the flipside, Mac Gargan Scorpion should absolutely be a big deal baddie. Shame he's been sidelined as bozo of the week for so long.

Once you get past the first season, which is Bad, Ultimate Spider-Man suddenly and unexpectedly gets really good.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am with you with that.

And someone wrote that about Miles new costume. I hate that one too. And every character in the book: Wow, nice costume.

Extraordinary Member

The '90s Spider-Man cartoon really isn't that great. The dialogue is hokey and dramatic and the civilian character designs look straight out of a Sears catalog.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Julia Carpenter is a terrible Madam Web.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The '90s Spider-Man cartoon really isn't that great. The dialogue is hokey and dramatic and the civilian character designs look straight out of a Sears catalog.
    Yeah, I never thought it was anything special and am puzzled why people now hold it in high regard with ridiculous comparisons even being made to the best superhero cartoon of all time, Batman: TAS. I chalk it up to misplaced 90s nostalgia. A lot of stuff that was thought of as so-so back in the day is now embraced.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yeah, I never thought it was anything special and am puzzled why people now hold it in high regard with ridiculous comparisons even being made to the best superhero cartoon of all time, Batman: TAS. I chalk it up to misplaced 90s nostalgia. A lot of stuff that was thought of as so-so back in the day is now embraced.
    Well, as far as Spider-Man cartoons go, it was the best one up to that date. And as far as 90s Marvel cartoons go, it was probably the second best.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Julia Carpenter is a terrible Madam Web.
    Totally agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    Well, as far as Spider-Man cartoons go, it was the best one up to that date. And as far as 90s Marvel cartoons go, it was probably the second best.
    It was a good cartoon but Xmen does rank above it. At least for me. I was a bigger Spiderman fan and knew more about Spiderman but the Xmen stories were a lot of fun with a lot of action. And at the time my 12 year old self knew nothing about The Xmen so the cartoon went a long way towards making me an X fan. Though I was bummed when I looked through Xmen comics and couldnt find Morph.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.