Page 15 of 176 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    That might be a very longtime before we get a new writer for ASM. But before we do, I hope that the Black Cat anti-hero status is restored as well as her memories of Peter Parker as Spider-Man because to me what kept her from becoming a supervillain was her unique relationship with him.

Sony is making a Black Cat movie.

Since I doubt she will be a villain in the movie it's likely that Marvel will alter Black Cat's personality to fit her character before the movie comes out.

Marvel has a pattern of having the movies and comics coincide with each other.

They had Peter return before Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out so, I don't see why they will have Black Cat continue to be a villain when she won't be one in her own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    Sony is making a Black Cat movie.

Since I doubt she will be a villain in the movie it's likely that Marvel will alter Black Cat's personality to fit her character before the movie comes out.

Marvel has a pattern of having the movies and comics coincide with each other.

They had Peter return before Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out so, I don't see why they will have Black Cat continue to be a villain when she won't be one in her own movie.
    They didn't say they were making a Black Cat movie. The talk is on a "female led" spin-off.

Thinking about controversial stories. the Eric Canete issue of Amazing Spider-Man with Deadpool was probably more controversial than what's happened to the Black Cat, given how strong opinions were on multiple sides (Canete sucks! Canete's awesome! Amazing Spider-Man should have diverse artists! Amazing Spider-Man needs a house style!)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Yeah, the way Black Cat is currently being portrayed is terrible, but everyone thinks that so it's not controversial.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Yeah, the way Black Cat is currently being portrayed is terrible, but everyone thinks that so it's not controversial.
    I think that controversial means that there are two sides the do not agree on a single subject matter. But in Felicia's case, I think that most will agree that Felicia role as a villain is terrible. I have a feeling that when she appears(as the main villain) in the Hawkeye vs Deadpool mini-series, a lot of readers will be very shocked by her new status. But considering how Slott has treated her in the first six issues of ASM, I don't think that the Deadpool and Hawkeye fans will look at Felicia in a positive view at her new role. They might have questions as to why the writer chose to use her instead of another villain...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-24-2014 at 04:08 PM.

I have no problem with Felicia's new role. It's an organic development over the last 150 or so issues. I think you have a high opinion of the Black Cat and that most folks prolly won't care. I haven't seen any 'outrage' outside of here and maybe...the crawlspace. I discount those opinions anyway.

iMan 42s

1. Mayday Parker should never have been removed. She could be adopted or hang out with her Uncle Ben Or Uncle Kaine.
    2. I feel like Madame Web should have been referring to Kaine instead of Silk in Spider Island. Face it writers you have a spare Peter if anything goes wrong.
    3. Ben Reilly never should have died. Ben should have just taken care of May and we have a potential spider girl and Ben doesn't go to waste.
    4. Ock was a waste of time in the first 1-9 of superior. Start with Avenging and continue from Shadowland.
    5.Antivenom had way to much potential and was a credible threat to spiderman considering how unbalanced Eddie is.
    6. Way to many spider people. KEEP: Anya,Peter,Kaine,Venom Bring back Anti venom and Ben Reilly but don't give Ben a powered idenity.
    7.Ben Reilly was a better Spiderman.
    8.Spidercide needed a whole lot of tweaking and could have been a legit threat.
    9. Ironman likely is going to buy Parker industries when he goes superior.
    10. One more day is not real and Peter and Mj just divorced but are still friends.
    11. 2099 will roll around and there will be no Miguel or any intervening spiderman it will perpetually be Peter. Can someone just give him a happy ending already?!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    I have no problem with Felicia's new role. It's an organic development over the last 150 or so issues. I think you have a high opinion of the Black Cat and that most folks prolly won't care. I haven't seen any 'outrage' outside of here and maybe...the crawlspace. I discount those opinions anyway.
    Again. I don't know what the future holds for Felicia Hardy as a villain. But the path towards it is quite questionable. Perhaps it'll be permanent, like Flash Thompson's Agent Venom, or become just another Alpha. I can't speak for anyone other than myself. I already stated that any future publication that features Black Cat as a villain, I will avoid reading until her former status and memories of Peter as Spider-man are restored. To me Slott never liked the character, and made changes to it. In my opinion, if a writer doesn't like a character, then he should use an alternate that holds his interest.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

It's organic to go from one of the Defenders to a street level villainess who suddenly cares about her street-cred?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    It's organic to go from one of the Defenders to a street level villainess who suddenly cares about her street-cred?
    That's not Felicia Hardy at all because Pre-OMD Felicia Hardy(or at her character outside of Slott's Spider-Verse) never cared about street credibility, which was beneath her standards. To me, this version of the Black Cat has more to do with Slott's dislike for the character. He makes her so unlikable so that fans could flock over to his super heroine creation Silk. The whole Spider-Man arc was about promoting Silk as a new character than it was about the Black Cat or Spider-Man. For Slott, Spider-Man is the biggest stage around to promote his character creations like Silk and Anna Maria while dumbing down on the existing ones like Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy to the lowest common denominator so he doesn't have to worry about using them ever again.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-24-2014 at 06:52 PM.

No it isn't. It's a terrible development that makes little sense and has her go even further back into Catwoman's shadow. I'm guessing you haven't been on comicvine. This street cred she complains about is really non-existent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    No it isn't. It's a terrible development that makes little sense and has her go even further back into Catwoman's shadow. I'm guessing you haven't been on comicvine. This street cred she complains about is really non-existent.
    The street cred is probably a very good indication that this is not Felicia Hardy as we all knew had never cared about such a thing to begin with. If she was going after Spider-Man, why couldn't she had recruited her allies Heroes for Hire, as well as Villains for Hire as most of her wealth are hidden in offshore accounts that the Feds can't trace. The fact that she allied herself with C-Level villains is nothing more than a setup for the Kingpin to rebuild his empire in the background. The only person who would care about Street Cred is Wilson Fisk as he had lost his empire to Superior Spider-Man.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Cletus Kasady should not have been brought back. Or if he was, he should have been separated from his symbiote for a protracted period of time. The Carnage symbiote should be passed to someone just as evil as Kasady but with a mission and sense of purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Cletus Kasady should not have been brought back. Or if he was, he should have been separated from his symbiote for a protracted period of time. The Carnage symbiote should be passed to someone just as evil as Kasady but with a mission and sense of purpose.
    Or better yet, the Carnage symbiote should just be retconned out of existence. Or permanently killed off.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Or better yet, the Carnage symbiote should just be retconned out of existence. Or permanently killed off.
    I always felt that there should only be one symbiote: Venom. After Eddy Brock's defeat by Peter in ASM #317, the symbiote should have moved on to another host: Sabretooth.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-25-2014 at 12:02 AM.