Page 150 of 177 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2651
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It was a good cartoon but Xmen does rank above it. At least for me. I was a bigger Spiderman fan and knew more about Spiderman but the Xmen stories were a lot of fun with a lot of action. And at the time my 12 year old self knew nothing about The Xmen so the cartoon went a long way towards making me an X fan. Though I was bummed when I looked through Xmen comics and couldnt find Morph.
    Yeah, they were both flawed due to the limited budget, but X-Men was a much savvier show. Structure-wise, X-Men has more in common with Spectacular. It had little-to-no crossovers and adapted many story arcs from the comics (Days of Future Past, Dark Phoenix saga, etc. vs Master Planner saga, Big Man saga, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Yeah, they were both flawed due to the limited budget, but X-Men was a much savvier show. Structure-wise, X-Men has more in common with Spectacular. It had little-to-no crossovers and adapted many story arcs from the comics (Days of Future Past, Dark Phoenix saga, etc. vs Master Planner saga, Big Man saga, etc).
    I'd say they're on the same level of quality. Really, the biggest difference is that characters on the X-Men show could say variations of the word death and could punch people.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say they're on the same level of quality. Really, the biggest difference is that characters on the X-Men show could say variations of the word death and could punch people.
    I never understood why The X-men could have Mr. Sinister but Spider-man couldn't have the Sinister Six.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I never understood why The X-men could have Mr. Sinister but Spider-man couldn't have the Sinister Six.
    Its odd the level of Censorship that got leveled on Spiderman but not lets say Batman. Like Spiderman could not have real guns thats why they used the laser guns all the time. Spiderman couldnt say Blood that is why Morbus said Plasma all the time. Batman showed people being hit and knocked around like crazy but not Spiderman.

So was it on Marvels end or was it the tv station? They came out around the same time. Or at least with in what 2 years of each other?
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-10-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Its odd the level of Censorship that got leveled on Spiderman but not lets say Batman. Like Spiderman could not have real guns thats why they used the laser guns all the time. Spiderman couldnt say Blood that is why Morbus said Plasma all the time. But man showed people being hit and knocked around like crazy but not Spiderman.

So was it on Marvels end or was it the tv station? They came out around the same time. Or at least with in what 2 years of each other?
    I don't think "Insidious Six" was a result of censorship. Just another random case of changing names from the comics.

It seems the backlash from the violence in the X-Men animated series restricted the Spider-man show.

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-222/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems the backlash from the violence in the X-Men animated series restricted the Spider-man show.

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-222/
    I wanna show those censors what childrens' TV is like these days and watch their heads explode.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Amazing Member

It was a good cartoon but Xmen does rank above it.
    Hence my previous statement saying Spider-Man was probably the second best.

Man, that mook Landon falling into a vat of mutant-goop in the X-Men\Spidey crossover only to emerge as an eel-kaiju messed me up. That show went hard af despite the punch ban

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Man, that mook Landon falling into a vat of mutant-goop in the X-Men\Spidey crossover only to emerge as an eel-kaiju messed me up. That show went hard af despite the punch ban
    Yeah, massive slugfests... with no actual punches.... pretty much everything BUT punches. the way they used Hydroman was particularly spectacular.

I like Miles more outside of comics than his stories in comics. But I'm the same with Kamala and the Titans so maybe it's just me?

Fantastic Member

Maybe it’s not a hot take, but removing marriage from the table of Spider-Man, whether it’s Mary Jane or not, is extremely wrong headed. Spider-Man works the best when romance is a big part of it, and, a romance that can only eventually end with a breakup or a fridging just isn’t interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Maybe it’s not a hot take, but removing marriage from the table of Spider-Man, whether it’s Mary Jane or not, is extremely wrong headed. Spider-Man works the best when romance is a big part of it, and, a romance that can only eventually end with a breakup or a fridging just isn’t interesting
    As opposed to having a relationship that could never change or go away?

As if the Wells run hasn't shone a huge light on the creative bankruptcy of Marvel's position.

Mighty Member

It's already a relationship that could never fully 'go away.' Even under the current status quo. The past 15 or so years have proven that much. So why continue to work against it and rehash the same old "will they, won't they" revolving door?