Page 153 of 176 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2640

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I saw something on a discord I'm on where the person said after Spencer reconciled Peter and MJ that it would be impossible to put that genie back in the bottle again. The reaction to the Wells run has proven that they may have had a point. And this was with Black Cat.

(When they said imagine if Wells had introduced someone new, someone else chimed in that we don't have to imagine it, we all saw what happened with Carlie.)

The point is that we have demonstratable proof that the fandom, by and large, will not accept anyone else in the role of Peter's love interest.
    Sure, some vocal fans might not agree with me. But my opinion is I am fine either way and Peter not being with MJ doesn't affect my enjoyment of stories.
    Last edited by KC; 12-18-2022 at 04:56 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

I prefer the first Superior Spider-Man costume to the second. Both great but the original is my favourite.

So.... My controversial opinions would be:

• I prefer Ben Reilly to Peter Parker. I find him more relatable than Peter.
    • Actually, since Parker Industries, Peter stopped being relatable to me. My personal favorite era from the character was between ASM 1 to 540 (with some exceptions of course, lol). Everything next was nice but it wasn't "my" Peter's adventures anymore. New Ways to Die, American Son, The Gauntlet, Spider-Verse and Red Goblin were great sagas though, lol.
    • Although I like the comparison to the Batfam, I kindly disagree to the idea that Kaine Parker is the Jason Todd of the Spider-Man fam. I feel it kinda reduces Kaine's character to an archetype he isn't really. However, I love Red Hood and I like the comparison a lot: I simply think Kaine and Jason are two characters very distinct and aren't the same.
    • Miles Morales should have never left the Ultimate Universe. Him being in 616 greatly infirms his character growth and I feel his potential is really wasted. Nonetheless, him going back to the Ultimate Universe isn't a durable solution for me since he formed great bonds to 616 Peter.
    • I didn't mind Alpha (Andrew Maguire) and I think he'd have a great potential as a nemesis (or an ally) to Miles.
    • I don't think there's actually too many Spiders in the 616 Universe. However, I do agree they do not live up to the potential of a possible Spider-Family.
    • I like the fact Peter's parent were spies and love Teresa Parker's character. I wish more was done with her.
    • I dislike Spider-Gwen. I used to be a big fan throughout the first Spider-Verse event but over-exposition quickly made me uninterested to the character, especially since she moved to 616. However, I loved Matt Murdock as her antagonist and her support cast in earth 65. I feel she's best when she lives her own adventures in her own universe, away from Peter & Miles.
    • I like Spider-Man India ATSV's design way more than the comic version.
    • I greatly prefer the 1610 version of Jessica Drew over the 616 version and I loved her mentor relationship to Miles. It's pretty sad she simply doesn't exist in his life anymore.
    • I love every Ben Reilly suit, even the one he wore throughout the beggining of the PAD run. My order would be: Sensational Suit > Beyond Suit > Spider-Carnage Suit >Scarlet Spider suit (crop-top) > Jackal Suit > Scarlet Spider suit (with the hoodie) > Chasm Suit > Scarlet Spider Suit (PAD run) > Makeshift Spider-Man Suit (with the civilian clothes) > Spider-Vigilante > Jurgens Suit.
    • I don't really care about SpOck anymore. For me, Otto died in the final moments of the Goblin War, when he officially gave Peter his body back and called him his "superior". Everything happened next was a "bonus" of Otto's story, which really concluded at this moment for me. Seeing him protect Aunt May against the Red Goblin was really nice though.
    • I love Miguel O'Hara and I kinda dislike the fact that he seems like a brute who totally bodies Miles in the ATSV trailers. If anything, he was the one who pointed to Peter the stupidity to have a fight before a team-up.
    • Silk has the potential to be a great character and it's sad she's just seen as "Peter's hot asian gf". The pheromone stuff was a terrible idea that really damaged her character. I personally ship her with Kaine.
    • Lastly people often say that J.J.J has the best evolution in the Spider-Man mythos comics. However, IMHO, this title suits more Flash Thompson, who went from a stupid bully to an incredible hero as Agent Venom. I love this evolution and I wish more was done with him.
    • I like Daredevil more as a "super hero best friend" to Peter than the Human Torch. Matt and Peter have a better chemistry.

I hope we can spark great discussions.
    Last edited by Sam-Abraham; 01-02-2023 at 06:05 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Abraham View Post
    So.... My controversial opinions would be:

• I prefer Ben Reilly to Peter Parker. I find him more relatable than Peter.
    • Actually, since Parker Industries, Peter stopped being relatable to me. My personal favorite era from the character was between ASM 1 to 540 (with some exceptions of course, lol). Everything next was nice but it wasn't "my" Peter's adventures anymore. New Ways to Die, American Son, The Gauntlet, Spider-Verse and Red Goblin were great sagas though, lol.
    • Although I like the comparison to the Batfam, I kindly disagree to the idea that Kaine Parker is the Jason Todd of the Spider-Man fam. I feel it kinda reduces Kaine's character to an archetype he isn't really. However, I love Red Hood and I like the comparison a lot: I simply think Kaine and Jason are two characters very distinct and aren't the same.
    • Miles Morales should have never left the Ultimate Universe. Him being in 616 greatly infirms his character growth and I feel his potential is really wasted. Nonetheless, him going back to the Ultimate Universe isn't a durable solution for me since he formed great bonds to 616 Peter.
    • I didn't mind Alpha (Andrew Maguire) and I think he'd have a great potential as a nemesis (or an ally) to Miles.
    • I don't think there's actually too many Spiders in the 616 Universe. However, I do agree they do not live up to the potential of a possible Spider-Family.
    • I like the fact Peter's parent were spies and love Teresa Parker's character. I wish more was done with her.
    • I dislike Spider-Gwen. I used to be a big fan throughout the first Spider-Verse event but over-exposition quickly made me uninterested to the character, especially since she moved to 616. However, I loved Matt Murdock as her antagonist and her support cast in earth 65. I feel she's best when she lives her own adventures in her own universe, away from Peter & Miles.
    • I like Spider-Man India ATSV's design way more than the comic version.
    • I greatly prefer the 1610 version of Jessica Drew over the 616 version and I loved her mentor relationship to Miles. It's pretty sad she simply doesn't exist in his life anymore.
    • I love every Ben Reilly suit, even the one he wore throughout the beggining of the PAD run. My order would be: Sensational Suit > Beyond Suit > Spider-Carnage Suit >Scarlet Spider suit (crop-top) > Jackal Suit > Scarlet Spider suit (with the hoodie) > Chasm Suit > Scarlet Spider Suit (PAD run) > Makeshift Spider-Man Suit (with the civilian clothes) > Spider-Vigilante > Jurgens Suit.
    • I don't really care about SpOck anymore. For me, Otto died in the final moments of the Goblin War, when he officially gave Peter his body back and called him his "superior". Everything happened next was a "bonus" of Otto's story, which really concluded at this moment for me. Seeing him protect Aunt May against the Red Goblin was really nice though.
    • I love Miguel O'Hara and I kinda dislike the fact that he seems like a brute who totally bodies Miles in the ATSV trailers. If anything, he was the one who pointed to Peter the stupidity to have a fight before a team-up.
    • Silk has the potential to be a great character and it's sad she's just seen as "Peter's hot asian gf". The pheromone stuff was a terrible idea that really damaged her character. I personally ship her with Kaine.
    • Lastly people often say that J.J.J has the best evolution in the Spider-Man mythos comics. However, IMHO, this title suits more Flash Thompson, who went from a stupid bully to an incredible hero as Agent Venom. I love this evolution and I wish more was done with him.
    • I like Daredevil more as a "super hero best friend" to Peter than the Human Torch. Matt and Peter have a better chemistry.

I hope we can spark great discussions.

So are you saying silk is actually Carl Anderson's wife?

What do you mean?

I'm not that well versed in american music (I'm from Morroco IRL)

What do you mean?

I'm not that well versed in american music (I'm from Morroco IRL)
    There's an American wrestler who always made a joke about his hot Asian wife lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    There's an American wrestler who always made a joke about his hot Asian wife lol
    Oh, okay! Well, at least, Peter was a gentleman about their relationship...

...I hope!

Oh, okay! Well, at least, Peter was a gentleman about their relationship...

...I hope!
    She's better off written by other writers and dating Felecia

Extraordinary Member

I'm not advocating for any love interest in particular (honest), but I will never understand the unbridled adulation when it comes to Mary Jane to the point where it seems as if some even want her to co-headline his books.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 01-04-2023 at 01:57 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm not advocating for any love interest in particular (honest), but I will never understand the unbridled adulation when it comes to Mary Jane to the point where it seems as if some even want her to co-headline his books.
    She's been a part of Spidey's orbit since Steve Ditko was on the book. Since before even Gwen Stacy and Harry Osborn first appeared. There's a throughline with her for all eras of Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    She's been a part of Spidey's orbit since Steve Ditko was on the book. Since before even Gwen Stacy and Harry Osborn first appeared. There's a throughline with her for all eras of Spider-Man.
    I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that a SpiderMan book in incomplete without her.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I mean, I think it's fair to say that for a good portion of the franchise's history and in the comics she's effectively been the female lead and gotten ample screentime and development as a result.

Especially in comparison to every other love interest.

Extraordinary Member

While I agree romance def figures heavily into Spidey's appeal, a lot of my favorites don't include romance at all, which is why I really don't feel any story without her is incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    While I agree romance def figures heavily into Spidey's appeal, a lot of my favorites don't include romance at all, which is why I really don't feel any story without her is incomplete.
    Obviously ones' personal preferences for Spider-Man stories and what they take away from them differ from person to person but I think most of the major stories have either romance central to them or a romantic undercurrent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Obviously ones' personal preferences for Spider-Man stories and what they take away from them differ from person to person but I think most of the major stories have either romance central to them or a romantic undercurrent.
    I'd say they would have more to do with personal responsibility with romance coming in a close second.