Page 159 of 176 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2640

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    There’s only so many rogues that people actually care about. This would be a big hit.
    Queen Goblin seems popular, though.

BANNED

I'll say it now

Peter Palmer should take over the book for the next year or so, or at least be the Spider-Man of Slott's title. The fact there's a hyphen in the book's title will drive him insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    The thing about Peter and Mary Jane having children is that they have had a child, who may or may not have been murdered on the orders of Norman Osborn. The question isn't so much should Peter and MJ have children as should they find May alive?

(If I were in charge I'd have May found alive but nobody realises who she is other than the readers, and she's adopted by the FF or the Jones-Cages or possibly Jessica Drew.
    Well, if I were in charge and I didn't have to care about the challenge I left for the next writers, I'd have them find May alive, realise who she is, and run a story line about how they come to terms with and bond with a daughter they didn't know existed. But that's only if I didn't have to care about the next writers or if the likely next writers were up for it.)
    Yeah, so much this. Marvel already WROTE Pete as a dad. this isn't fans clamoring for Pete to change to suit their whims. it's fans telling Marvel they don't like trashing what was the best depiction of Spider-man.

There’s only so many rogues that people actually care about. This would be a big hit.
    That's always been the case. Let's not forget that Norman was dead for a long time and Peter has had no less than four rogues (Puma, Prowler, Rocket Racer and Molten Man) all go straight or at least neutral.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's always been the case. Let's not forget that Norman was dead for a long time and Peter has had no less than four rogues (Puma, Prowler, Rocket Racer and Molten Man) all go straight or at least neutral.
    Which loved one of Peter Parker did those four rogues murder in cold blood and then never pay for the crime (there is no statute of limitations on murder) and in fact continue to hold a position of power and wealth? Who did any of those rogues kill?

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Which loved one of Peter Parker did those four rogues murder in cold blood and then never pay for the crime (there is no statute of limitations on murder)? Who did any of those rogues kill?
    What about Black Cat then? She recently tried to kill Aunt May, once tried to get Peter framed for murder and has even assaulted MJ in the past.

I wouldn't have chosen Norman as the villain to make a face turn, but his current story does show him as earnest in his attempt to atone for his crimes and he's far more remorseful than Felicia tends to be written as.

Astonishing Member

What about Black Cat then? She recently tried to kill Aunt May, once tried to get Peter framed for murder and has even assaulted MJ in the past.

I wouldn't have chosen Norman as the villain to make a face turn, but his current story does show him as earnest in his attempt to atone for his crimes and he's far more remorseful than Felicia tends to be written as.
    Felicia should pay as well for her crimes, and it’s a big plot hole to have Peter overlook her time as Queenpin when you’re right, I don’t think she’s atoned for them or even been remorseful about those crimes.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-08-2023 at 08:38 AM.

it’s a big plot hole to have Peter overlook her time as Queenpin which you’re right, I don’t think she’s atoned for or even been remorseful about.
    Everyone has collectively agreed that Queenpin was completely out of character and therefore never happened.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

BANNED

I believe Felicia did feel pretty bad about where her Queenpin life had taken her, you have to read the Bendis run on Defenders to see it, but she has a bit of a silent emotional breakdown while recovering

Bendis always did the best post-OMD walkbacks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I believe Felicia did feel pretty bad about where her Queenpin life had taken her, you have to read the Bendis run on Defenders to see it, but she has a bit of an emotional breakdown while recovering
    Needs to happen in a Spider-Man book if they are going to continue to try to force her back into being his arm candy. Need to show Peter processing it on page.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Everyone has collectively agreed that Queenpin was completely out of character and therefore never happened.
    But it did :shrug.

I swept it under the rug, too, but so as not to break Peter’s character and his moral code, he needs to deal with the fact Felicia did terrible things while in full possession of her mental faculties (i.e. not possessed, under a spell, cloned, etc). Yes, she didn’t know his secret identity but a lot of people didn’t and didn’t become vicious criminals as a result.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-08-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Norman's change should stick. Spider-Man has a large rogues gallery and a few villains turning good won't impact it much.
    Does Norman deserve it to stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Queen Goblin seems popular, though.
    It seems like it, which kind of surprises me. Then again Spidey's not usually known for his female Rogues.

I think it's a bad turn for Dr. Kafka though.
    Needs to happen in a Spider-Man book if they are going to continue to try to force her back into being his arm candy. Need to show Peter processing it on page.

But it did :shrug.

I swept it under the rug, too, but so as not to break Peter’s character and his moral code, he needs to deal with the fact Felicia did terrible things while in full possession of her mental faculties (i.e. not possessed, under a spell, cloned, etc). Yes, she didn’t know his secret identity but a lot of people didn’t and didn’t become vicious criminals as a result.
    Maybe not in depth but it did kind of happen in Spencer's run.

Astonishing Member

Would you say the same about Vulture or Electro?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe not in depth but it did kind of happen in Spencer's run.
    Not really.

Felicia confessed her life had something missing and Peter told her his secret.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that Felicia committed several serious crimes while in full possession of her sensibilities - put Aunt May’s life in danger, even - and has yet to atone in a Spider-book nor has Peter addressed the fact that she hasn’t paid for her crimes. Not knowing someone’s secret isn’t an excuse for committing major crimes.

And it makes Peter a hypocrite - “Sure, I”ll fight crime and bring criminals to justice, but sexy women in black leather catsuits get a pass because, sexy.”

But then, Felicia is still happily thieving and Peter is apparently turning a blind eye, just more character breaking OOC from Wells.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-08-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Not really.

Felicia confessed her life had something missing and Peter told her his secret.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that Felicia committed several serious crimes while in full possession of her sensibilities - put Aunt May’s life in danger, even - and has yet to atone in a Spider-book nor has Peter addressed the fact that she hasn’t paid for her crimes. Not knowing someone’s secret isn’t an excuse for committing major crimes.

And it makes Peter a hypocrite - “Sure, I”ll fight crime and bring criminals to justice, but sexy women in black leather catsuits get a pass because, sexy.”

But then, Felicia is still happily thieving and Peter is apparently turning a blind eye, just more character breaking OOC from Wells.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Spider-Man x Black Cat is just a bad ship. The only way it could "work" would require either Felicia (she stops being a thief) or Peter (he just constantly looks the other way) to act completely OoC.

(And this is without getting into how MJ has to be written to even get to this point.)

Would you say the same about Vulture or Electro?
    Vulture is still a villain and there is a new Electro. I don't think the original one was that popular to begin with anyway.